Craigslist....post your experiences/steals/purchases

I have had no problems dealing on Craigslist. As a buyer, I have bought NBA tickets and Nutrisystem food off of there.

Well, this Saturday I did drive all the way down to Edmond (like 2 hrs) and have the buyer try to lowball me by almost 20%, but other than that I'm good. I prefer it to eBay now since they keep raising their commissions

As a seller I have done literally 1000s of dollars, the biggest deal being some Laker's tickets I sold for 1200$, some I sold 800$, ASW tickets for 700$, sold a Samsung R580 laptop for 750$, an Asus i3 U50F for 500$, currently got a Sony Vaio F Series i7 on for 750$, and other various ticket packages for big numbers.

I always go alone and have never had a problem. Meet up places have been my place a few times, the mall, Starbuck's, or out in front of the arena in the case of the NBA tickets most of the time. Maybe I have been somewhat reckless with that since I usually text/call the person and let them know who I am before I know who they are. I guess technically they could rob me, could pay me then double back and get their money back. But I have never had a problem. They're probably more scared when they see me.

Like someone else said, just have common sense and you'll be good. For example with the Laker's tickets, there was a guy who kept texting/calling me telling me he lives in OKC and wants me to go to this club called The Rendezvous here in town (OKC is 90 miles away) and his mom is a bartender there named Kesha, go during club hours (after midnight), ask for his mom, then she'll buy the tickets and get them to me. The Rendezvous is the rowdiest club in town; fights, shooting, sex, all of that. In fact, The Rendezvous is just it's current name because they always get shut down by the city for transgressions, then come back a few weeks later reincarnated as some other name but the same lowlifes attend.

I felt like that was screaming setup. I'd be like, "Hi, where's Kesha. I'm the guy with the tickets," then she would give me the 800$ and on my way out when at the parking lot, some bouncers would tap me on the shoulder and beat the $%%@ out of me and take the money back and leave me unconscious on my own hood (happened before to someone else, just not stealing tickets but they beat his #%! good) or just steal them from me right off jump. I kept suggesting to have her meet me at my place as I live down the street or even in the club parking lot in the evening since she goes in at 7, but he kept insisting meet her during club hours. So I texted him back like damn that and sold it to someone else, who I met at the mall. I was walking around the mall afterwards with 800$ in my pocket, no wallet.

I have had no problems dealing on Craigslist. As a buyer, I have bought NBA tickets and Nutrisystem food off of there.

Well, this Saturday I did drive all the way down to Edmond (like 2 hrs) and have the buyer try to lowball me by almost 20%, but other than that I'm good. I prefer it to eBay now since they keep raising their commissions

As a seller I have done literally 1000s of dollars, the biggest deal being some Laker's tickets I sold for 1200$, some I sold 800$, ASW tickets for 700$, sold a Samsung R580 laptop for 750$, an Asus i3 U50F for 500$, currently got a Sony Vaio F Series i7 on for 750$, and other various ticket packages for big numbers.

I always go alone and have never had a problem. Meet up places have been my place a few times, the mall, Starbuck's, or out in front of the arena in the case of the NBA tickets most of the time. Maybe I have been somewhat reckless with that since I usually text/call the person and let them know who I am before I know who they are. I guess technically they could rob me, could pay me then double back and get their money back. But I have never had a problem. They're probably more scared when they see me.

Like someone else said, just have common sense and you'll be good. For example with the Laker's tickets, there was a guy who kept texting/calling me telling me he lives in OKC and wants me to go to this club called The Rendezvous here in town (OKC is 90 miles away) and his mom is a bartender there named Kesha, go during club hours (after midnight), ask for his mom, then she'll buy the tickets and get them to me. The Rendezvous is the rowdiest club in town; fights, shooting, sex, all of that. In fact, The Rendezvous is just it's current name because they always get shut down by the city for transgressions, then come back a few weeks later reincarnated as some other name but the same lowlifes attend.

I felt like that was screaming setup. I'd be like, "Hi, where's Kesha. I'm the guy with the tickets," then she would give me the 800$ and on my way out when at the parking lot, some bouncers would tap me on the shoulder and beat the $%%@ out of me and take the money back and leave me unconscious on my own hood (happened before to someone else, just not stealing tickets but they beat his #%! good) or just steal them from me right off jump. I kept suggesting to have her meet me at my place as I live down the street or even in the club parking lot in the evening since she goes in at 7, but he kept insisting meet her during club hours. So I texted him back like damn that and sold it to someone else, who I met at the mall. I was walking around the mall afterwards with 800$ in my pocket, no wallet.

I got a crazy deal on front row Erykah Badu tickets, and on Kanye tickets. I use CL for concerts primarily. And I only did the transactions in cash, in public during daytime NOWHERE near my house, with my bf or a male friend with me.

The only other time I used CL was to purchase a sewing machine.

I got a crazy deal on front row Erykah Badu tickets, and on Kanye tickets. I use CL for concerts primarily. And I only did the transactions in cash, in public during daytime NOWHERE near my house, with my bf or a male friend with me.

The only other time I used CL was to purchase a sewing machine.

One time, this guy paid me entirely in dollar coins.
15 bucks in all Sacagawea gold dollar coins...

One time, this guy paid me entirely in dollar coins.
15 bucks in all Sacagawea gold dollar coins...

currently working on finding a cheap road bike on craigslist
pimp.gif

I just bought a brand new elite on craiglist for 200 about a week ago, and I've bought/sold premium denim over craigslist.
Always bring a friend with you when meeting up.

I just bought a brand new elite on craiglist for 200 about a week ago, and I've bought/sold premium denim over craigslist.
Always bring a friend with you when meeting up.

Originally Posted by diew its james

anyone ever find a job through craigslist? i sent out about 10 emails and still haven't heard back from any of the job listings

Yea just be patient, also try not to apply to newly listeda adds so soon, your emails will probably never be seen.

My best deal is selling my sister's #!+$%# '96 Sunfire for $1,200 to some kid, without having to lie about its condition.

My best deal is selling my sister's #!+$%# '96 Sunfire for $1,200 to some kid, without having to lie about its condition.

anyone ever find a job through craigslist? i sent out about 10 emails and still haven't heard back from any of the job listings

Yea just be patient, also try not to apply to newly listeda adds so soon, your emails will probably never be seen.

jobs are damn near impossible because of all the responses but if you know what you're looking for, you can get a great price on anything

jobs are damn near impossible because of all the responses but if you know what you're looking for, you can get a great price on anything

I found both my careers on craigslist.. one as a Mechanical Engineer & my current one now as a Building engineer.. I really don't remember applying to these places, only because I applied at everything I saw that applied to me.. but as for purchasing things.. i bought me a dreamcast about 2 years ago for 20 bucks.. bmx bikes for 40.. my track bike for cheaper than retail.. and so on.. you can't go wrong when you use common sense

I found both my careers on craigslist.. one as a Mechanical Engineer & my current one now as a Building engineer.. I really don't remember applying to these places, only because I applied at everything I saw that applied to me.. but as for purchasing things.. i bought me a dreamcast about 2 years ago for 20 bucks.. bmx bikes for 40.. my track bike for cheaper than retail.. and so on.. you can't go wrong when you use common sense

Got a stock trader apprenticeship last year. I asked my boss afterwards on the number of replies; he said it was around 120
sick.gif

Got a stock trader apprenticeship last year. I asked my boss afterwards on the number of replies; he said it was around 120
sick.gif

Bought:
-17 inch Gateway laptop P series  *new* $400
-15ft.hdmi gold plated cables *new* $5
-iPod touch *used* $60 (loaded wit new music)
-Blackberry 8330 verizon  *new* $80
-LG Voyager verizon *perfect condition* $75 ( He also thre in Motorla bluetooth headset)
-Sony Cybershot *new condition* $80
-Lamar Odom Authentic Jersey  *new* $40 (100% legit)
-Angel tickets $60 (printed tickets) 
-Gucci Sunglasses $100 (verified at Gucci store)

Sold:
-2005 Lexus Is300 $9200 (sold in 3 hrs wit no pictures attatched)
-SpaceJams 10.5 $350  (2 weeks before release date)
-Whirlpool Washer and Dryer $200 (sold in 6.hrs)
-Used JL audio 6 1/2 component speakers $50 (got it for free)

Bought:
-17 inch Gateway laptop P series  *new* $400
-15ft.hdmi gold plated cables *new* $5
-iPod touch *used* $60 (loaded wit new music)
-Blackberry 8330 verizon  *new* $80
-LG Voyager verizon *perfect condition* $75 ( He also thre in Motorla bluetooth headset)
-Sony Cybershot *new condition* $80
-Lamar Odom Authentic Jersey  *new* $40 (100% legit)
-Angel tickets $60 (printed tickets) 
-Gucci Sunglasses $100 (verified at Gucci store)

Sold:
-2005 Lexus Is300 $9200 (sold in 3 hrs wit no pictures attatched)
-SpaceJams 10.5 $350  (2 weeks before release date)
-Whirlpool Washer and Dryer $200 (sold in 6.hrs)
-Used JL audio 6 1/2 component speakers $50 (got it for free)

Portland I got OG 1991 Jordan V and VI all colorways great shape $500. Portland Oregon I got 35+ pro cut and game issued Trail Blazers jerseys for $10 a piece and that does not include the warm ups, and autographs, all for $450. Seattle. RARE Seattle mariners game worn Griffey jerseys and autographed bats, balls, and hats for $500, after I talked them down $100, and that was before he retired too, but it was such a steal, I got framed jerseys, Griffey signed hella valuable memorabilia, and Minneapolis, I found a RARE Rawlings Kirby Puckett game-wprn jersey, as well as a autographed Kevin Garnett rookie and signed jumpman pro pair, and now people would pay a ton for everything for it, nut I will hold on you never know when, wish they would have won the finals

Back
Top Bottom