CunninLynguists - Oneirology (features K.R.I.T. & Freddie Gibbs)

aph

Comes out on the 22nd, but can be streamed online in its entirety. (Click here.)

3345141714-1.jpg

01 Predormitum (Prologue)
02 Darkness (Dream On) f. Anna Wise of Sonnymoon
03 Phantasmata
04 Hard As They Come (Act I) f. Freddie Gibbs
05 Murder (Act II) f. Big K.R.I.T.
06 My Habit (I Haven't Changed)
07 Get Ignorant
08 Shattered Dreams
09 Stars Shine Brightest (In The Darkest Of Night) f. Rick Warren
10 So As Not To Wake You (Interlude)
11 Enemies With Benefits f. Tonedeff
12 Looking Back f. Anna Wise of Sonnymoon
13 Dreams f. Tunji & B.J. The Chicago Kid
14 Hypnopomp (Epilogue) f. Bianca Spriggs
15 Embers

After one listen, it's incredible, as expected. Check it out.

Wow...can't wait to listen to this tomorrow

Listened to the track you posted and its
pimp.gif
( Outkast sample at the end is
embarassed.gif
)

Been a fan of Cunninlynguists since the beginning

Also just noticed Track 5 has Big K.R.I.T on it eeeeek

OK...couldn't wait, on track #5 right now and god DAMN

ANOTHER CLASSIC from one of the most underrated/slept on groups ever!

Track $%!*!%% 11

eek.gif

Thank you for posting this OP, I had pretty much stopped listening to hip-hop, just occasional artists that interest me with diverse styles but THIS, this is what I needed

Will be played on long nighttime drives for awhile

Just finished listening to it for the 2nd time, absolutely amazing

Thunder - it has a bit of an A Piece of Strange feel...obviously it's not similar concept wise but the sound is there

You can hear the Cunninlynguist sound in the production of many of the songs, so dope

After 2 spins I'd say my favorite tracks are 1-5, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 15...hell I like them all
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

This entire album is fckin amazing!!! Almost as good as Dirty Acres...

Every track bumps and I haven't skipped any of them, now that says something!

This entire album is fckin amazing!!! Almost as good as Dirty Acres...

Every track bumps and I haven't skipped any of them, now that says something!

Glad everyone's enjoying this and nice to see some other 'Lynguists fans on here.

I still haven't had a chance to give it another spin but after my inintial listen last night, I could seeing this being their best after "A Piece of Strange." I just can't see me putting this above that, at least not yet. It'll take awhile.

Really, ThunderChunk? You weren't feeling "Dirty Acres" at all? That's cool, though. I personally think they're the most consistent act out (at least in hip-hop, maybe in general) and I love all of their studio albums (and most of the other side projects, too, just to a lesser extent). Only one I wasn't really big on was "Will Rap For Food," but then again, that was way before I even heard of them. I still enjoyed that album, but I think it's the weakest. They've evolved a lot since then.

Uter Zorker, I hear you, man. I've kinda gotten out of hip-hop over the last 2-3 years, too, but never miss a QN5 release. CunninLynguists are always in constant rotation for me. Maybe my favorite hip-hop artists since OutKast.

Originally Posted by APH

Really, ThunderChunk? You weren't feeling "Dirty Acres" at all? That's cool, though. I personally think they're the most consistent act out (at least in hip-hop, maybe in general) and I love all of their studio albums (and most of the other side projects, too, just to a lesser extent). Only one I wasn't really big on was "Will Rap For Food," but then again, that was way before I even heard of them. I still enjoyed that album, but I think it's the weakest. They've evolved a lot since then.
my bad, actually yeah, enjoyed that as well 
laugh.gif

sorry

my 2nd hd is acting up and my music is everywhere

I just know that they seem to go in a strange direction with the beats sometimes and I never like anything the first time I listen to it, heard a bit from this and thought it was more of that.

going to go back and give a few more spins now.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by APH

my bad, actually yeah, enjoyed that as well 
laugh.gif

sorry

my 2nd hd is acting up and my music is everywhere

I just know that they seem to go in a strange direction with the beats sometimes and I never like anything the first time I listen to it, heard a bit from this and thought it was more of that.

going to go back and give a few more spins now.
I kinda see where you're coming from. I don't really look at the production like that, but I think it can get a little redundant and out of place sometimes (unless that's what you were getting at?). Kno's style, however, is perfect for their studio albums and even though you could tell this had his signature sound on it, he's definitely kept it original and fresh. There's some sounds on this that I've never heard on a hip-hop record before. The transitions and the little subtleties on here are ridiculous.

As far as my "out of place" comment goes, if you heard the "Strange Journey" series, that's what I'm getting at. There's a lot of songs on there where Kno uses his typical sample-based style (mainly referring to the sampled vocal hooks) and they just didn't work giving the lyrical content/vibe of the songs. I feel like he's outdone himself on this album, though. The layers and complexities of the production are top-notch. Hell, how many albums you hear nowadays where there's only one sole producer? That's another reason I love their albums. They're cohesive and not all over the place, mainly thanks to Kno.

But yeah, I'm still gonna have to listen to this album a lot more and dig a little deeper into the concept. I feel there's a lot of things I'm missing, seeing how I've only listened to it a handful of times. I'm loving it so far.

I'm gonna go ahead and post this here. 
eek.gif

Available for download on their website. Click here.

Back
Top Bottom