CunninLynguists - Oneirology (features K.R.I.T. & Freddie Gibbs)

Kno's death is silent is one of my top albums of last year.

His beat quality is unmatched can't wait untill this album comes out.

Wondering if he didn't clear all his samples again lol. There is a cut on death is silent of a kanye west song off MBDTF and Death is Silent came out a month before that album did. Just a matter of time before the record companies sue him yet again for not clearing samples

^ Yep, same here. Still waiting for their videos to drop, though. Blue Sky Black Death is suppose to remix a couple of songs (or just "Enemies With Benefits," I don't remember) seeing how they missed co-producing on this album like they were suppose to. I love BSBD, so I'll be patiently waiting for that. I'll update when any of said projects drop.

Jking - I doubt he cleared any of the samples.
laugh.gif
Not sure how accurate his claim is, but he said it would have cost $3 million dollars to clear all the samples on "A Piece of Strange." With that said, I'm sure it would have been pretty expensive to clear the samples on this record, as well. I believe he said a few songs on here were sample-less, but don't quote me on that.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Using two samples that I already flipped though...and nicer than me:frown:

Funny that you mention that. I was checking out some of your music recently and noticed y'all both used this sample:

He did that for his remix of the "Black Album."

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Kno's death is silent is one of my top albums of last year.

His beat quality is unmatched can't wait untill this album comes out.

Wondering if he didn't clear all his samples again lol. There is a cut on death is silent of a kanye west song off MBDTF and Death is Silent came out a month before that album did. Just a matter of time before the record companies sue him yet again for not clearing samples
when did he get sued and for what songs?

^ Earlier this year, around late January he was hit with the cease-and-desist, if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember if he specified exactly what song(s) they were, but it was something from "A Piece of Strange."

Unfortunately, the original thread on the QN5 message board where he personally spoke on it is no where to be found, so I'm just going off of memory.

Actually, here's an article from HipHopDX that explains it a little more: http://www.hiphopdx.com/i...-and-desist-over-samples

Originally Posted by APH

Originally Posted by PLVN

Using two samples that I already flipped though...and nicer than me:frown:

Funny that you mention that. I was checking out some of your music recently and noticed y'all both used this sample:

Yeah it happens frequently among samplers. I can't be mad about it but it's just like...damn.

Thanks for checking my music out though...Here's one of the songs where I used the same sample as "Looking Back".

pimp.gif

This kinda reminds me of Mick Boogie + Peter Bjorn & John- Re-Living Thing

Bumping this back to highlight CunninLynguists' great follow up to Oneirology in 2017.
Rose Azura Njano is the name of the album. Personally I liked Oneirology better but this comes pretty close.
I've been going through their whole catalogue again recently. It's amazing how much great music they have produced over the years.
1c0ea5bb717d6eaa376a0b90fbea028c.png

Back
Top Bottom