CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

maybe someone could post a tutorial vid on youtube and start a restoration propject page on youtube to help fellow niketalkers out, but nice work

I want the OG soles. wat amount of blue+green or grey would i mix to get my SJ's an OG tint instead of a straight light blue sole?

Im dying my yellow hyperflights, midnight xvis, red lowtop xvis, black / red xvis and snakeskin xis in about an hr.

Seaglow just came in, going out to get the dye now.

I'll post pics later on when im done.

Ended up not doing the Hyperflights bc I couldnt find the right color green to use.

Excuse the sloppiness on some of the midsoles, still havent cleaned them.  I used royal blue on the xvis and xi's. I was going to use navy blue but it didnt look right. The xvis remind me of the Bibby PE's.
pimp.gif

I couldnt get the low xvis to get as red as the blk/red xvis for some reason. I did a second coat on them, let it sit for longer and it still wasnt getting any darker.

Might do this to my pair of white red Vs.

The dye on the midsoles of the xis is hard to get off. The foam most suck the dye all the way thru.

Acetone took most of it off but its still noticeable.

Most likely going to have to hit it with shoe polish.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Ended up not doing the Hyperflights bc I couldnt find the right color green to use.

Excuse the sloppiness on some of the midsoles, still havent cleaned them.  I used royal blue on the xvis and xi's. I was going to use navy blue but it didnt look right. The xvis remind me of the Bibby PE's.
pimp.gif

I couldnt get the low xvis to get as red as the blk/red xvis for some reason. I did a second coat on them, let it sit for longer and it still wasnt getting any darker.

U just OD'd on the dye
laugh.gif

^^^

YES OD on the dye but ......... the outcome is DOPE man.

Nice work.

Im loving them RED SOLE XVIs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ZoomGP

Originally Posted by sWaggA sO FreSh

I hope it works out. if it all goes well then maybe its possible to use the dye technique as well

dude it was a complete waste of my time, im just gonna go out and buy seaglow. maybe i needed to keep the turtle wax stuff on for a full day or sumthing but the way i did it. it did not work at all!! 
grin.gif

ahhh man
ohwell.gif
. well i guess theres no substitute for seaglow. i might try this other brand i saw at target and give it a shot but if not then seaglow it is  
i was thinking maybe we have to dilute the white stuff. maybe we have to make it more watery then pastey

Originally Posted by sWaggA sO FreSh

I hope it works out. if it all goes well then maybe its possible to use the dye technique as well

dude it was a complete waste of my time, im just gonna go out and buy seaglow. maybe i needed to keep the turtle wax stuff on for a full day or sumthing but the way i did it. it did not work at all!! 
grin.gif

ahhh man
ohwell.gif
. well i guess theres no substitute for seaglow. i might try this other brand i saw at target and give it a shot but if not then seaglow it is  
i was thinking maybe we have to dilute the white stuff. maybe we have to make it more watery then pastey

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

^^^

YES OD on the dye but ......... the outcome is DOPE man.

Nice work.

Im loving them RED SOLE XVIs
pimp.gif

They look sick inperson. I havent wore them in yrs bc I didnt care about them. Now I cant wait to wear them.

I think the red is darker bc the soles were pretty clear.

I thought about seaglowing the lows before using the dye but I didnt even bother. I barely wear them to begin with.

AMAZING job OP! Mad heads gonna bite your idea now. Thanks for being so honest and helping out the community. The question that really needs to get answered though is...

Can using seaglow and a RIT color remover make yellowing PATENT LEATHER more white? OR

Is there any way that you can whiten up yellowing patent leather (on Columbia XI's for example)?

Someone must know an answer to this, so if you do, please chime in!

If I can find Rit Color Remover in a store, I'll try it pretty soon on some XV1's and XI's. I have a good amount of Sea Glow at home.

Great Idea/Great Job....without a doubt I am going to do this A.S.A.P. or see if he can hook me up!

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

pimp.gif

great job! but I noticed a few things

1.) dye job on the snakes is way too heavy. you should try taking off some of the dye and possibily sea glow to get rid of those yellow spots. 
2.) ALWAYS clean the dye off the midsoles of XIs. the material soaks up the dye like a sponge if it sits for minutes on end.
3.) I dont even like XVIs but they look ILL with red soles, particularly the Black/Reds (they remind me of an updated Bred XI for some reason)
4.) For a deeper red, try mixing a sprinkle of black dye with the red dye you're using. You should be able to get a deeper red then. It looks like you're using Scarlet, which is a brighter red in the color spectrum.

im about to work on a few shoes for Ardeeas and Roll so look for pics of those soon. Someone asked me if sea glow and rit color remover removes yellowing in patent leather. The answer is maybe so. I got dye on the leather of my boys anniversary XIs and NOTHING was getting it off. I mixed rit color remover and sea glow and rubbed it on the patent leather. Sure enough, the dye started coming off. If it can do that to dye, then im sure it can take off yellowing.

Btw, I have a before and after pic of the Wii AF2. Ill post it later on tonight. You can really see the difference.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Someone asked me if sea glow and rit color remover removes yellowing in patent leather. The answer is maybe so. I got dye on the leather of my boys anniversary XIs and NOTHING was getting it off. I mixed rit color remover and sea glow and rubbed it on the patent leather. Sure enough, the dye started coming off. If it can do that to dye, then im sure it can take off yellowing.

If anyone can test this out with some older shoes with yellowing white patent leather, that would be great.

For those of you wondering, I was doing google searches on how to clean up yellowing white patent leather. I couldn't find much, but what I did find was that you are supposed to mix 1/3 bleach with 2/3 water and use a cotton ball to apply to the patent leather to get the yellowing off.

Well, I tried this with by beat up Jordan III "Pure$" and it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the piss-yellow patent leather.

All it did was make my fingers stank like bleach.

Back
Top Bottom