CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

So, finally I get a chance to upload all my pics.. here they are gentlemen..

Before:

Comparison:

After:

Included some Anny XI's too:

Sorry about the blurriness in the final pic. I used about 20mL of seaglow along with a tablespoon of RIT royal blue dye. I also used a small paint brush to apply the chemical very VERY carefully. If you get some on the midsole, use a Q-tip with some bleach RIGHT AWAY to remove it. There's a technique to doing this and you have to be a very patient person. If you get too much dye on the sole, you need to wipe it away with a towel.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Before:

Comparison:

After:

Sorry about the blurriness in the final pic. I used about 20mL of seaglow along with a tablespoon of RIT royal blue dye. I also used a small paint brush to apply the chemical very VERY carefully. If you get some on the midsole, use a Q-tip with some bleach RIGHT AWAY to remove it. There's a technique to doing this and you have to be a very patient person. If you get too much dye on the sole, you need to wipe it away with a towel.
Yours look very nice, but the other guy's...I feel bad for him, because he wrecked them. He was not as patient as you were
pimp.gif
Good job my man.
pimp.gif

1.... THIS SEA GLOW TAKE FOREVER AND A DAY TO GET HERE...
2.... CAN YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT WHAT YOUR "METHOD" IS FOR DOING THIS LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE...HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT NOT GETTING THIS ON THE MIDSOLE

Before:

Comparison:

After:

shoes look great.  How long did it take to do all this?

Originally Posted by sincere

Before:

Comparison:

After:

Yours look very nice, but the other guy's...I feel bad for him, because he wrecked them. He was not as patient as you were
pimp.gif
Good job my man.
pimp.gif

Are you talking about me?

Before:

Comparison:

After:

Those look awesome.
Great job. I love the tint of blue on your jams.

Not too light, not too dark.

Thanks to all and to answer some of the questions in here it took me about 30 minutes to do each shoe. Having steady hands and being very cautious of what the shoe is touching at all times is CRUCIAL. I used latex gloves for the whole process because the dye rubs of easily if it gets on my hands versus not coming off at all without them. In your cup, more seaglow/less dye, the better results you'll get. If you put too much dye in there, they'll come out too dark and you'll ruin your shoes permanently. Hope that provides more insight for you guys.

@ GottaBdaShoes - Yo homie i really really like how yours came out, you didnt OD on the blue. how long did u keep it on? and did you do a very thin coat? n how much did u say u put in and teaspoon of dye? and also what color did you use. my bad for all the questions i just wanna be on point when im messin w my j's. get back at me whenever u can, goodlookin fam!!

I never post but I've been viewing this topic since it started and I must say that I'm willing to try this on my DMP, Spacejam and Aniv XI's. Just gotta order some Seaglow....

IT'D BE NICE TO KNOW HOW YOU GUYS WENT ABOUT PAINTINING THE SIDE-SOLES SO THAT THERE ISNT ANY RIT RESIDUE ON THE MIDSOLES.... (IN THAT CREASE BTWN THE MIDSOLE AND THE SOLE) ... DID YOU GUYS USE PAINTERS TAPE? THANKS

Nice job and very creative GottabDaShoes, I read this tread last week, and i walked down the aisle at Rite Aid and almost brought some dye, think ima hold off most of my shoes are already to yellow to try this on, dont want green soles, atleast on my jordans. Might try on a newer pair of foams or something. New project for the summer.

Thanks to all and to answer some of the questions in here it took me about 30 minutes to do each shoe. Having steady hands and being very cautious of what the shoe is touching at all times is CRUCIAL. I used latex gloves for the whole process because the dye rubs of easily if it gets on my hands versus not coming off at all without them. In your cup, more seaglow/less dye, the better results you'll get. If you put too much dye in there, they'll come out too dark and you'll ruin your shoes permanently. Hope that provides more insight for you guys.
great job you did, gottabdashoes. yes its crucial to use more sea glow than rit royal blue dye (which is why I said a 2:1 ratio should be just about right). It looks like you did one coat on your Space Jams and two on your Anniversary XIs. am i correct?

I actually used my thumb for the whole process on the Jams. I just rubbed it along the soles and dipped in the dye as I went along. Yes it's a little unorthodox. lol It worked though.

For the Anny XI's I used a small paint brush and I did one good coat in 3 sections.. meaning I did the front of the foot first, the mid second, and the heel third. I applied the solution a little thick and wiped it with a towel immediately to remove excess dye.

I basically used common sense after testing it out on some fake sj's that my guy gave to me. They are completely yellowed so what I did was apply a thin layer on one shoe and a thick layer on the other to see what it looks like. Then I went from there with common sense to my shoes.

Hope that helps out more.

On a side note, if you shoes are already yellowed, this dye process may not turn out so well for you. I would recommend using a very small amount of dye and applying very thin layers unless you want your soles dark blue or almost black.

you know the kid size all white 11s already come with babyblue bottom sole? lol all kid sizes for every jordan shoe come in better condition and quality but yeah not to sound cocky i got the advantages cause im a 7-7.5

hey man im not trying to rain on your parade and while those look good if you squint your eyes from far away, the blue tint looks really uneven and blotchy to me if you take a good look.  you can really tell where some of the edges took to the dye more than other areas as well.  this is a little too risky IMO.

Quick question for those that have had success.  I did these on a pair of concords and the shade of blue is just a touch too dark.  Any way of lightening them up after the fact?  I was thinking possibly acetone.

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated.

peace

AFTER TRYING IT ON MY SJ XI'S, I REALIZED YOU WILL GET BETTER RESULTS WITH SOLES THAT ARE MORE CLEAR THAN NOT... MINE HAVE MORE OF A BLUISH HUE THAN A TINT LIKE OTHERS DO..BUT IT LOOKS GOOD..KIND OF A VINTAGE FEEL SORT OF LIKE sthebest's CONCORD XI'S...TAKES ALOT OF TIME AND PATIENCE ... THE YELLOWER THE SOLES THE MORE RIT DYE YOU WILL NEED. NOT TRYING IT ON THE LEFT PAIR UNTIL I GET PAINTERS TAPE BC I GOT SOME RESIDUE ON THE CREVICES MIDSOLE BTWN THE SOLE AND MIDSOLE AREA

Back
Top Bottom