CUTLER TRADED TO THE BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

If Denver takes a quarterback with one of these firsts, they lose this trade.
They won't do that though...

Granted, Orton isn't a great QB but he's proven that he's a good one. Denver would be foolish to take a QB with one of the picks, you'recorrect, so I think they will go another route. Probably defense.

Although...this is McDaniel and Co. and we've seen what they're capable of so far so who knows what they're going to do
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

In the right system he won't need to take as many risks as he did in Denver where the defense was non existent, I'm sure he'll be fine.
This is the whole issue right here. Why wont he have to take as many risks in Chicago? Their defense is becoming average and their pass offense is anemic . Not to mention I am sure Shanahan kept Cutler's $%* in check. I promise you Shanahan's system benefits Cutler the same way it did Jake Plummer you guys are really underestimating Mike's coaching skills. Brandon Lloyd is not going to bail out Cutler as much as Brandon Marshall did.

Hopefully he develops a connection with Hester and they develop together. I am not against this at all but this could very well be a disaster.

A disaster is Rex Grossman running the offense on every series.

Franchise quarterbacks who have yet to enter the prime of their careers do not come on the market very often.

If you are a smart GM without a franchise QB you make that move every time.

if this trade +Raji failing the drug test gives them a chance at getting 2 D-Linemen AND Patrick Chung with a trade up from their new 3rd rounder (hopefully)I'll be moderately happy. I understand the merit in having a good defense, and I'm willing to slightly downgrade an offense for it. Heck, maybe now theBroncos, if Peyton Hillis is back to 100%, can go back to being a ball control team, which would be better overall for the season in my opinion. They need torelease some of these RBs tho. I think Orton will do alright.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

However you may feel about this deal, everybody has to like a good blockbuster trade in the NFL.

Ain't that the truth. Trades like this are far and few between in the NFL.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

In the right system he won't need to take as many risks as he did in Denver where the defense was non existent, I'm sure he'll be fine.
This is the whole issue right here. Why wont he have to take as many risks in Chicago? Their defense is becoming average and their pass offense is anemic . Not to mention I am sure Shanahan kept Cutler's $%* in check. I promise you Shanahan's system benefits Cutler the same way it did Jake Plummer you guys are really underestimating Mike's coaching skills. Brandon Lloyd is not going to bail out Cutler as much as Brandon Marshall did.

Hopefully he develops a connection with Hester and they develop together. I am not against this at all but this could very well be a disaster.

Franchise quarterbacks who have yet to enter the prime of their careers do not come on the market very often.

You think hes a franchise QB not everyone else does sorry. He was the third QB taken in the draft and Denver wanted to trade him for Matt Cassellwho has only played one year in the NFL. The opinion isnt unanimous. (not saying I dont either, I just think Denver suits him much better)

There's a difference between an established arm/4500 yard passer in the league in Cutler, than these plug in QB's that the Bears have tried plugging in at the QB spot year in and year out.

I am thinking MUCH longer term then Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman. Bears have never had a good QB....ever seems like.

You think hes a franchise QB not everyone else does sorry. He was the third QB taken in the draft and Denver wanted to trade him for Matt Cassell who has only played one year in the NFL. The opinion isnt unanimous. (not saying I dont either, I just think Denver suits him much better)

There's a difference between an established arm/4500 yard passer in the league in Cutler, than these plug in QB's that the Bears have tried plugging in at the QB spot year in and year out.

I am thinking MUCH longer term then Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman. Bears have never had a good QB....ever seems like.

So because McDaniels comes on board and tries to trade for the quarterback he mentored, Cutler is not a franchise quarterback? Right. Being the3rd quarterback drafted in his class is completely irrelevant at this point, but if you want to talk about that draft, the two quarterbacks taken in front ofhim were Vince Young and Matt Leinart and the next best quarterback taken after him is Tavaris Jackson or Brodie Croyle.

Deion: I was talking to Devin when the trade went down and he sounded like Lil' Jon. I said, "You know y'all just got Jay Cutler, right?" andhe said, "YEAAAHHH!".
laugh.gif

You think hes a franchise QB not everyone else does sorry. He was the third QB taken in the draft and Denver wanted to trade him for Matt Cassell who has only played one year in the NFL. The opinion isnt unanimous. (not saying I dont either, I just think Denver suits him much better)

So because McDaniels comes on board and tries to trade for the quarterback he mentored, Cutler is not a franchise quarterback? Right. Being the 3rd quarterback drafted in his class is completely irrelevant at this point, but if you want to talk about that draft, the two quarterbacks taken in front of him were Vince Young and Matt Leinart and the next best quarterback taken after him is Tavaris Jackson or Brodie Croyle.

I said I think he is one did you read what i wrote? but alot of people dont. People didnt think he was one coming out of college (his draft position) and theydont think he is one now. One of them would be McDaniels. You make it seem like he is a no brainer, cant miss, franchise quarterback and I dont think its thatblack and white. Obviously the Bears think he IS one. Someone is going to be right and someone is going to be wrong.

i dont think you guys understand

it was a win win for both sides

were ever cutler went they was gettin 2 1st and a QB in return

the 1st round pick is a 18th pick and with wat the bears got to play next year they'd be lucky if next years 1st is in the early 20's the 3rd rounderisnt a biggie we had 2 of thoses

i look at it like this were we going to get a cutler type QB with any of those picks?

short answer no. long answer nope.

denver get picks to help them rebuild

now we need to make a move so we can start hearin cutler to boldin
nerd.gif

So because McDaniels comes on board and tries to trade for the quarterback he mentored, Cutler is not a franchise quarterback? Right. Being the 3rd quarterback drafted in his class is completely irrelevant at this point, but if you want to talk about that draft, the two quarterbacks taken in front of him were Vince Young and Matt Leinart and the next best quarterback taken after him is Tavaris Jackson or Brodie Croyle.

I said I think he is one did you read what i wrote? but alot of people dont. People didnt think he was one coming out of college (his draft position) and they dont think he is one now. One of them would be McDaniels. You make it seem like he is a no brainer, cant miss, franchise quarterback and I dont think its that black and white. Obviously the Bears think he IS one. Someone is going to be right and someone is going to be wrong.

People didn't think he was a franchise quarterback out of college because he played at Vanderbilt and he still got drafted 11th. Not everyteam is going to draft a quarterback but if you get taken that high, you are immediately considered the future franchise quarterback of that team. Just becausesome GMs had Young and Leinart rated higher doesn't mean that Cutler wasn't franchise material. And at this point, you would be hard pressed to findpeople in the league who still think he isn't a franchise player.

Just because McDaniels wanted to trade him Cassell doesn't mean that he thinks that Cutler isn't a franchise quarterback. It just means that he wouldrather have a different franchise quarterback.

As far as the move being a can't miss deal, yes, there are no guarantees but I think you will be hard pressed to find someone who thinks that Cutler to theBears is a bad move. Whether or not they overpaid to get him is another question but there was simply no one who they could draft or who would be available viafree agency/trades that would have the same impact as him at that position.

Back
Top Bottom