cutt off jean jackets.....has this wave splashed over ya hoods yet?

Funny how another NinjaHood thread turns into a DC vs. NY Foam discussion. This is my 2 cents on the topic.

1. DC has been on them since the beginning of time. HARD. Everyone that has went to college with DC Dudes since the year 97 knows this.

2. I don't know what went on in NY but for DC dudes to think NY dudes "stole" Foams from DC is funny. Why can't a released product be individually popular in two different locations? The same with whoever claimed it was like that in Memphis. Just because DC is known for them doesn't mean nobody else were on them as well.

3. With the denim jackets. It went away and now it is coming back (as you all say, I still haven't seen anyone in my age range wearing them. Maybe teens). So stop saying, "DC has been doing it for X amount of years." No we haven't. It went away.

It would be cool if WB came back. DC dudes, remember when DC was on WArner Brother clothing?

jew york still wearin jean jackets 
laugh.gif

Yo chill baby glocks. Mekhi Pfief was rockin da cut off denim vest in da 1995 film Clockers. I got da photographic evidence.

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by Lubu1

When people think of shoes in ny we think of uptowns, air force one...

when people think of dmv  foamposite/nike boots.

truth.

funny thing is Nike considers B-more, philly, and NY as the capitals of af1s, but you guys are disowning them now that they're "not in style" 
laugh.gif

can't wait if they come back in style you guys will be quick to remind everyone it was into af1s from the beginning 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Funny how another NinjaHood thread turns into a DC vs. NY Foam discussion. This is my 2 cents on the topic.

1. DC has been on them since the beginning of time. HARD. Everyone that has went to college with DC Dudes since the year 97 knows this.

2. I don't know what went on in NY but for DC dudes to think NY dudes "stole" Foams from DC is funny. Why can't a released product be individually popular in two different locations? The same with whoever claimed it was like that in Memphis. Just because DC is known for them doesn't mean nobody else were on them as well.

3. With the denim jackets. It went away and now it is coming back (as you all say, I still haven't seen anyone in my age range wearing them. Maybe teens). So stop saying, "DC has been doing it for X amount of years." No we haven't. It went away.

It would be cool if WB came back. DC dudes, remember when DC was on WArner Brother clothing?

laugh.gif
 dudes had the jean jackets and the socks

also I'm not saying NY dudes didn't rock foams and stole it from DC.  But in the "DMV" 4 outta 5 young men have foams.  Its just more popular.  The ratio is higher here than NYC if you went in closets and its been like that.  Thats the only point.  Of course nobody received them 1st. 

The exact same thing goes for North Face but in reverse.  NY was on it first but DMV people still wore them.  Its just the ratio was higher in that region.  But I'm a fool to think a NY dude would admit any fault they tried to claim Jordan cuz he was born in Brooklyn even though he was raised in North Carolina and country %%+ syrup and biscuits.

How old are you?? Im 30, it never went away in the area..I just think as you grow older you tend not to notice with style changing....I've been rocking them.
 If you go to the clubs you will def see them.   Im from moco by the way.
I def remember wb and I still have a few peieces, it was do to it being the more affordable Iceberg.

Iceberg I def would like to see comeback...was one of my favorite brands...but hated snoopy.  Everyone and there mother had that bootleg $+$%.

How old are you?? Im 30, it never went away in the area..I just think as you grow older you tend not to notice with style changing....I've been rocking them.
 If you go to the clubs you will def see them.   Im from moco by the way.
I def remember wb and I still have a few peieces, it was do to it being the more affordable Iceberg.

Iceberg I def would like to see comeback...was one of my favorite brands...but hated snoopy.  Everyone and there mother had that bootleg $+$%.
Correct

laugh.gif

these have always been in style for girls...

i work at Levi so I'll pick up 2-3 more whenever i feel like spending the money

a denim vest/jacket/shirt can pull an outfit together so well for men and women

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Kramer

If anything bikers and punk bands started this
thats been established.

its new for da rap world...

and foamposites been in NYC since their inception...ya DMV cats aint fooling anyone.

you gonna tell me Virginians were going ape over foamposites?
roll.gif
laugh.gif
Honestly, I find it so hard to respect your opinion since you've never really leave NY or the da heights for that matter. If it wasn't for your trips to DR, you would be in the DA heights all year all round. Go outside of NY and see whats out there. NY is not the world.

LOL You've never been to Northern VA kid. There is a reason why they call it the DMV due to how close all three areas are to each other and how similar the styles in mindsets are.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

laugh.gif

these have always been in style for girls...

i work at Levi so I'll pick up 2-3 more whenever i feel like spending the money

a denim vest/jacket/shirt can pull an outfit together so well for men and women
Hmmm if its the tysons one, then I need a discount.......

Honestly can we even consider Ninja a US citizen?  He's only been in da heightz and the DR.  Maybe Jersey for a field trip in 5th grade but thats where it stops. 

This isn't that new. Kanye started jean jackets within the hip hop community years ago. The first instance I remember is in the music video for Amazing. Then I started noticing Kid Cudi and Big Sean wearing jean jackets and eventually every rapper had jumped onto the trend. People who just caught on in the past year are late.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

This isn't that new. Kanye started jean jackets within the hip hop community years ago. The first instance I remember is in the music video for Amazing. Then I started noticing Kid Cudi and Big Sean wearing jean jackets and eventually every rapper had jumped onto the trend. People who just caught on in the past year are late.

Kanye BROUGHT BACK the jean jacket thread to rappers.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Honestly can we even consider Ninja a US citizen?  He's only been in da heightz and the DR.  Maybe Jersey for a field trip in 5th grade but thats where it stops. 

laugh.gif

and the slurpage continues....
im pretty sure Jimmy and Juelz were already posted in the Crunk Musik video, which was before Amazing, and they definitely werent the originators....go watch the Warriors or something

5mzuw2.png

Originally Posted by MMG

5mzuw2.png

Prob the funniest thing posted all year

Originally Posted by solarius49

and the slurpage continues....
im pretty sure Jimmy and Juelz were already posted in the Crunk Musik video, which was before Amazing, and they definitely werent the originators....go watch the Warriors or something

The vest in the crunk muzik video aren't the same style.

Cut off levi's trucker jackets.

LOL You've never been to Northern VA kid. There is a reason why they call it the DMV due to how close all three areas are to each other and how similar the styles in mindsets are.
laugh.gif
you got cats from DC and baltimore in this thread who want NO PARTS of da Virginia cats, so you better reassess that opinion.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
laugh.gif
sick.gif

686265.jpg

I'm not talking about the first time anyone in the hip hop community has worn a jean jacket, but where the current trend originated, which is not as old as that picture

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
laugh.gif
sick.gif

686265.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Bringing it way back. Gotta add Coogi and tommy Hilfiger into that line of fashion. However, as much as i loved it when i was younger, i'de prob never rock it again even if it came back. My style has changed significantly to even consider wearing that stuff again.

laugh.gif
you got cats from DC and baltimore in this thread who want NO PARTS of da Virginia cats, so you better reassess that opinion.
baltimore has never been part of the DMV, dmv is technically dc maryland virginia but places like howard county n anywhere past fairfax county in va don't count. 
there are a lot of dc cats that move out to va alexandria n #@$# hell even fat trel n most of the slutty boyz live in va. parts of virginia are very similar, styles slang and attitudes are the same in dc va and md. just cuz theres a river separating means little. 

go to pentagon city mall and you'll feel like you're in north east. ppl sleep on nova but a lot of the dboys money in dc and md comes from va 

Back
Top Bottom