Da baggy era, a fashion retropective.

G. T. F. O. H! And miss me with the”NYC started it all”, nonsense. There is NO relation between Gucci and Cam.

sorry to burst your bubble sir but Gucci Mane says it himself that first rapper ever met in New York in 2005 which he idolized was Cam'ron.

sorry to burst your bubble sir but Gucci Mane says it himself that first rapper ever met in New York in 2005 which he idolized was Cam'ron.

Idolizing doesn’t necessarily mean ‘sonning’, IMO. Especially, in rap. To me, that means rap styles are emulated. Gucci and Cam styles are different.

if that’s the case, ALL these dudes Kool G Rap/Easy E children.

Gucci and Cam styles are different.

Asthetics or Music? cuz style wise, and attitude wise Gucci was considered "da down south Cam'ron" for a while.

it wasn't as blatant as Lil Wayne basically being a dipset stan phase, but da influences were there.

Good times far as im concerned.

uber masculinity overflowing in hiphop and men took pride in bein men.

”the line” wasnt blurred back then.

eventho I wouldn’t dress like that now, i still think its dope. 4x white tee, bauds, blk suede timbs and a durag. Skr8 thuggin ya heard? Lol

not mad @ this era @ all...

Oversized **** looks goofy af

1401x788-137749699.jpg

should've stayed like this da whole time...i used to think "man these clothes are small" pssh...what were we thinking? :smh:

New York OD’d on the baggy s*****

ninjahood ninjahood y’all the ones who started sizing up ridiculously. Must’ve been cause of the cold.

Cali and the South started adopting y’all uber baggy style, and I have NO idea why.

Look at NWA or 2live crew. Even early OutKast and west coast rappers before like 1994. New York started the 3XL+, super baggy jeans craze after about 96’.

I blame y’all

oh we talking about ANOTHER instance of mainstream ripping off skateboard culture :rolleyes
I think that whole ripping off skateboard culture became prominent during the early streetwear days. Hip hop has always had their identity. If anything they more overlap instead of rip off. Their like cousin rebellious cultures.

Hip-hop style was fitted until the early 90s...

Skateboarders started the OD baggy pant/clothes trend in '91 or '92... the "goofy boy" style...

Hip-hop style shifted to the OD baggy style around '93...

New York OD’d on the baggy s*****

ninjahood ninjahood y’all the ones who started sizing up ridiculously. Must’ve been cause of the cold.

Cali and the South started adopting y’all uber baggy style, and I have NO idea why.

Look at NWA or 2live crew. Even early OutKast and west coast rappers before like 1994. New York started the 3XL+, super baggy jeans craze after about 96’.

I blame y’all

Yeah, because the south didn't wear baggy clothes at all

style-2011-10-lil-wayne-lil-wayne-04.jpg

article-2556035-1B5C762800000578-352_634x879.jpg

...and the South was behind in the early 00s... as usual... when NYC cats started wearing more fitted/slim clothes...

ninjahood ninjahood

As far as NYC starting the slim trend within urban fashion, I remember people saying cats that were coming from DR, Jamaica, and the Caribbean during the early 00s were the ones that really set it off and the yanks followed suit... after they clowned them...

I remember the first throwback I saw was Jay-Z wearing a Favre Falcons jersey

When I figured out it was Favre I was like yo that's sick :wow:

...and the South was behind in the early 00s... as usual... when NYC cats started wearing more fitted/slim clothes...

ninjahood ninjahood

As far as NYC starting the slim trend within urban fashion, I remember people saying cats that were coming from DR, Jamaica, and the Caribbean during the early 00s were the ones that really set it off and the yanks followed suit... after they clowned them...

Yup! Island dudes BEEN on they slim/fitted s***

ninja was talking about the early 90s.... not early 00s...

yeah, once it got to late 90's early 00's and tall tees were introduced it got outta control...

if it would've stayed to early-mid 90's baggy we'd probably still be wearing baggy clothes.

Back
Top Bottom