Da hell is wrong wit kanye

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Justice League and Ross work together it's always a masterpiece. Haven't heard anything from them in awhile.

I don't really take it into account when judging producers tbh but that's impressive

When Justice League and Ross work together it's always a masterpiece. Haven't heard anything from them in awhile.

Those dudes make the most elaborate,cinematic sounding beats man :lol:. Teflon Don :smokin

The Maybach Music series of tracks is legit timeless :pimp:

Last edited:
Stevie Wonder can't read music and still has a timeless catalog. I don't think not having that ability hurts musicians.

Some of the greatest songs of all time were given to us by artists who couldn't read music

Beatles, Hendrix, Clapton

So perhaps the answer to my question is no. No, most hip hop producers can not read sheet music. That's all I was wondering.

Some of the greatest songs of all time were given to us by artists who couldn't read music

Beatles, Hendrix, Clapton

Careful wording. I'd be a little surprised though if George Martin, "The 5th Beatle" could not read music. He gave music to those who could not is how you put it.

Dude low key is insanely talented. A true musician in the classical sense.

What's funny about Kanye post 2010 is......he felt like he had to incorporate sounds from European techno music, grunge, pop etc for it to "push the genre forward". Kanye would name obscure critically acclaimed or popular European musicians of different genres around the world that were "avant garde" and pseudo intellectual.

Meanwhile, Zaytoven was crafting a sound low key built on Bay Area melodies, Southern bounce and southern baptist gospel music (seriously). Essentially, his roots.

Kanye was incorporating....Zay was CREATING.

Chickens come home to roost. So while Kanye is not getting calls from Jay-Z that he covets........this is happening

View media item 2239693

:smokin

Perhaps this is what sent Ye into his recent tailspin.

Zaytoven? Top 5 all time?
I 'm not saying he aint talented but dude basically xerox copied the Drum Squad sound on all them old Gucci mixtapes until he developed his own sound.

But according to the "are you a doctor" NT logic being used earlier in this thread, most of the assessments in this thread on music dont matter
since most of you haven't done music professionally.

Also while we're n the topic we need Ye x Zaytoven

Zay the type of producer to crank out 10 beats in 2 hours while checking his email and talking on the phone.

Kanye need a month to listen to a track and tweak the drums.

Last edited:
Zay came out in 05 and is in high demand 11 years later. I'm sure longevity is playing a part in that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom