Da Official Apple WWDC Thread: June 7, 2010- 10AM PST/1PM EST

223742-4670526443_a0d908324d_b_500.jpg

As expected, though, everything else is under wraps. What could tomorrow's keynote bring? According to the rumor mill, it's not gonna be all about iPhones. In fact, it may end up being just one of many things announced:

* Rumors about Apple introducing Safari 5 popped up over the weekend, with support for Bing search, extended HTML5 support, and a new "Reader" capability. Additionally, Safari 5 is expected to add hardware acceleration under Windows, as well as a number of other features.
* MacRumors has also "heard" that Xcode 4 will be demonstrated at WWDC, although no further details are available.
* Many users expect Apple to announce a possible cloud-based media service as a result of its Lala acquisition. The company shut down Lala at the end of May with no replacement in sight, and that North Carolina data center has to be good for something.
* There are also rampant rumors about the next generation of the Apple TV. It's allegedly going to be based on the same A4 processor currently used in the iPad, support 1080p video, and perhaps most controversially, may ditch the internal hard drive storage in favor of a a streaming-only system.
* Finally, MobileMe may or may not get tiered account levels this week. Some users noticed that their accounts were no longer "Individual" but rather "Full Members" recently, indicating that there may be ways to subscribe to MobileMe in the near future without forking over a full $99 per year.

We already know what to expect with the next-gen iPhone itself: higher-capacity battery, front-facing camera, and a new physical design.

This is an awful long menu for a WWDC keynote, but Apple has surprised us in the past. We'll find out soon enough which of these bullets will end up coming true.

You can watch the entire keynote on Apple's site a few hours after it's over.
If you chose to follow live updates, use these sources
Ars Technica
Engadget
Macrumors or on Macrumors' Twitter

Originally Posted by LDJ

[h3]Watch WWDC 2010 Live Keynote Links[/h3]

1. MacRumours.com

2. Engadget

3. moddmyi/live

4. iPhonealley.com

5. theAppleBlog

6. live.gdgt.com

7. Technologizer

8. Arctechnica

9. Textviff

10. Macobserver

Here you guys go

Oh, needless to say, Gizmodo wasn't invited this year
4a5154e591a025e8d459ac9f8f7e07a0dccbad6.gif

Apple's still salty, If they pull out a phone completely different from what we've been seeing...

Wow, just tweeted about this.

Is there any chance of a new MacBook? Want to know if I should purchase a new one or not ...

My 3G from '08 is running out of gas (from extreme use
laugh.gif
) so I'm hoping this new phone will be available asap.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Is there any chance of a new MacBook? Want to know if I should purchase a new one or not ...

no. You won't see a macbook update until at least October. If youre gonna buy one, buy it now.
Tomorrow will be strictly iPhone, iTunes and App Store stuff.
during the conference, which spans the entire week...you may hear something about OSX or see silent updates with Apple's other platforms (mac mini/mac pro?)

All i know is that if the iphone doesnt impress me tomorrow, im jumping ship and getting the EVO

Originally Posted by bittersweet

apple usually doesnt update their macbook line until after the summer, they clear their inventory with the back to school promo

however the macbook air line may see an upgrade

Originally Posted by Jack Knoff

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

All i know is that if the iphone doesnt impress me tomorrow, im jumping ship and getting the EVO blackberry

fixed.

laugh.gif

id rather stick with my 3Gs then ever go to blackberry

Back
Top Bottom