Daft Punk officially on Columbia

:smh:

might not mean anything in America, but BBC Essential Mixes are a highlight of ALOT of European DJs' catalogs. BBC Radio is HUGE overseas

ask a true FAN of Daft Punk, David Guetta, DJ Mehdi, Busy P, Swedish House Mafia, etc "What are some of your favorite DJs' live mixes?" & they'll mention these guys' BBC Essentials

i wouldnt give an ounce of credit to the opinions of true fans of david guetta or swedish house mafia LOL

If you played Starcraft in middle school, you've probably been listening to Daft Punk for a while, in my experience.
Bro...... are we soulmates? I did the exact same thing
eek.gif
and still play SC2 today

Doin it Right on a good system = :x when the 808 drops it sounds like it's about to be a trap beat lol

And I've always liked Panda Bears vocals on anything

Doin it Right on a good system = :x when the 808 drops it sounds like it's about to be a trap beat lol

And I've always liked Panda Bears vocals on anything
This. The song has been the most played on the Daft Punk record for me.

Dude. I love Essential Mixes. I have a bunch of them downloaded on my computer right now (Zeds Dead's and Maya Jane Coles' mixes being a few of my favorites right now).

I'm just saying that I wouldn't consider that an individual project. They're mixes of pre-existing material.

Again, I really enjoy Essential Mixes a lot.
the justice essential mix from 07 might be the greatest mix of all time, dudes went in!

This remix is amazing. Talk about taking an already great song and making it better.

i dont know about yall but this albums been on rotation all summer long, its great music

Sidenote: after many cycles of listening to this, the songs I go back to the most are; Give Life Back To Music, Fragments Of Time, Doin' It Right

Last edited:
I still don't know why they used "Lose Yourself to Dance" as the second single since it's so stylistically similar to "Get Lucky" right down to the vocalist. Not to say it was a bad song because it wasn't. In my opinion, "Doin' It Right" would have carried on the momentum of the album well into fall.

I still don't know why they used "Lose Yourself to Dance" as the second single since it's so stylistically similar to "Get Lucky" right down to the vocalist. Not to say it was a bad song because it wasn't. In my opinion, "Doin' It Right" would have carried on the momentum of the album well into fall.

Formula worked for "Get Lucky" all summer. "Lose Yourself to Dance" will be a good follow-up for end of Summer/Going back to school/etc IMO.

Formula worked for "Get Lucky" all summer. "Lose Yourself to Dance" will be a good follow-up for end of Summer/Going back to school/etc IMO.
Because this is Pharrell's summer and they want to capitalize on that. Any other song would simply go under the radar.

the bigger question is why didn't they release LYTD instead first... its superior on every level

Back
Top Bottom