Dahntay Jones assessed.....

832
10
Joined Dec 6, 2000
a flagrant 1 foul for his dirty trip of Kobe Bryant last night. Thats all?!?!?!


http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iq0DR0Z6WX2TEj0xyeiIP__OTLPwD98E5NMG1http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iq0DR0Z6WX2TEj0xyeiIP__OTLPwD98E5NMG1http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iq0DR0Z6WX2TEj0xyeiIP__OTLPwD98E5NMG1

Jones' trip of Kobe earns him a reprimand

By ARNIE STAPLETON - 26 minutes ago

DENVER (AP) - A day later, the NBA blew the whistle on Dahntay Jones for tripping Kobe Bryant.

The league assessed Denver's defensive specialists a flagrant-1 foul for sending the Lakers' star sprawling through the lane with a trip late in thethird quarter that Bennett Salvatore's officiating crew missed.

Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson complained about Jones' "unacceptable defense, tripping guys and playing unsportsmanlike basketball" during arant about the officiating.

Jackson's rip on Jones came after Los Angeles fell 120-101 to Denver to tie the Western Conference finals at 2.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
 
981
43
Joined May 18, 2004
Originally Posted by solefob

a flagrant 1 foul for his dirty trip of Kobe Bryant last night. Thats all?!?!?!


http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iq0DR0Z6WX2TEj0xyeiIP__OTLPwD98E5NMG1http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iq0DR0Z6WX2TEj0xyeiIP__OTLPwD98E5NMG1http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iq0DR0Z6WX2TEj0xyeiIP__OTLPwD98E5NMG1

Jones' trip of Kobe earns him a reprimand

By ARNIE STAPLETON - 26 minutes ago

DENVER (AP) - A day later, the NBA blew the whistle on Dahntay Jones for tripping Kobe Bryant.

The league assessed Denver's defensive specialists a flagrant-1 foul for sending the Lakers' star sprawling through the lane with a trip late in the third quarter that Bennett Salvatore's officiating crew missed.

Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson complained about Jones' "unacceptable defense, tripping guys and playing unsportsmanlike basketball" during a rant about the officiating.

Jackson's rip on Jones came after Los Angeles fell 120-101 to Denver to tie the Western Conference finals at 2.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
wow...
 
15,762
513
Joined Sep 5, 2005
I thought the shove in the back in game 3 was worse than the trip, it could have caused a more serious injury.
 
3,340
12
Joined Aug 25, 2005
So intentionally tripping someone who is RUNNING is the SAME AS SOMEONE WHO SWIPES AT THE BALL WITH TWO HANDS????




Wait...Do yall smell that?

















SMELLS LIKE %%%%@#!#
 
61,686
14,793
Joined Feb 6, 2007
Uh, isn't that his 3rd flagrant point, which = suspension then? I might be wrong on that, but I thought I read it somewhere.

Either way, dude plays 15-18 minutes a game, even if he's suspended, it won't hurt Denver any, might actually help them by rallying around dude.

Non issue either way it goes.
 

MVP

68,854
48,497
Joined Feb 28, 2008
BS, but whatever, wouldn't want the Nuggets to have any excuse when they lose tomorrow as if that bum makes any difference anyway.

Dahntay will probably get 5 fouls in the 1st qtr.

Kobe drops 50 in Game 5.
 
832
10
Joined Dec 6, 2000
this guys trying to be like Raja Bell and get his name elevated by going up against Kobe like Raja Bell did in 06
 
981
43
Joined May 18, 2004
Originally Posted by CP1708

Uh, isn't that his 3rd flagrant point, which = suspension then? I might be wrong on that, but I thought I read it somewhere.

Either way, dude plays 15-18 minutes a game, even if he's suspended, it won't hurt Denver any, might actually help them by rallying around dude.

Non issue either way it goes.
True but it just shows how inconsistent the NBA is and it's just getting worse and worse.
 
2,614
184
Joined Sep 20, 2006
Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Originally Posted by CP1708

Uh, isn't that his 3rd flagrant point, which = suspension then? I might be wrong on that, but I thought I read it somewhere.




Either way, dude plays 15-18 minutes a game, even if he's suspended, it won't hurt Denver any, might actually help them by rallying around dude.




Non issue either way it goes.
True but it just shows how inconsistent the NBA is and it's just getting worse and worse.

truth...could not have said it any better
 
397
10
Joined Sep 29, 2008
I dislike the Lakers and Kobe and general, but there's no place for that stuff in basketball. If I was Stern I suspend this guy ASAP, dude is trying tohurt Kobe instead of just playing defense.

Imagine if Kobe got hurt in one of those games. You gonna let this scrub take out one of your biggest and marketable stars?
 
10,366
32
Joined May 9, 2006
Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

BS, but whatever, wouldn't want the Nuggets to have any excuse when they lose tomorrow as if that bum makes any difference anyway.

Dahntay will probably get 5 fouls in the 1st qtr.

Kobe drops 50 in Game 5.
I don't know about 50. The Nuggets are wearing him out by throwing all those different defenders on him.
 
906
732
Joined Oct 3, 2003
isn't that his 3rd flagrant point, which = suspension then? I might be wrong on that, but I thought I read it somewhere.
I think if a player exceeds 3 flagrants then they get a 1 game suspension.
 
61,686
14,793
Joined Feb 6, 2007
Originally Posted by yAyToNyO

isn't that his 3rd flagrant point, which = suspension then? I might be wrong on that, but I thought I read it somewhere.
I think if a player exceeds 3 flagrants then they get a 1 game suspension.


Ok, that makes sense then. Thanks for the clarification.
 

MVP

68,854
48,497
Joined Feb 28, 2008
Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

BS, but whatever, wouldn't want the Nuggets to have any excuse when they lose tomorrow as if that bum makes any difference anyway.

Dahntay will probably get 5 fouls in the 1st qtr.

Kobe drops 50 in Game 5.
I don't know about 50. The Nuggets are wearing him out by throwing all those different defenders on him.
I was just arbitrarily throwing out that number, but it did happen the game after Raja clotheslined him I believe a few years ago. I don'tthink that would be the best way for the Lakers to try and win the game, but I think he'll have more energy at home and will come out mad next game.
 
5,710
1,015
Joined Mar 31, 2005
So a shove in the back with two hands and you get a flagrant 1. The following game, he trips Kobe intentionally and gets another flagrant 1. Well what's tostop D Jones from sticking his foot underneath Kobe when he attempts a jump shot?

Someone on the Lakers needs to take a flagrant 1 on Carmelo.
 
10,199
12
Joined May 11, 2008
SMH what are you guys smoking, he tripped him. you act like he punched him or something, good call on the flagrant 1.
 
564
29
Joined Mar 31, 2002
Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

BS, but whatever, wouldn't want the Nuggets to have any excuse when they lose tomorrow as if that bum makes any difference anyway.

Dahntay will probably get 5 fouls in the 1st qtr.

Kobe drops 50 in Game 5.
I don't know about 50. The Nuggets are wearing him out by throwing all those different defenders hackers on him.
 
1,044
10
Joined Apr 26, 2005
that was just a dirty play, jones knows it, that's why he at a loss for words... but they shoulda called it during the game and not afterwards, causethat's just stupid. david stern really wants kobe and lebron reach the finals, so every lame call or missed call will be re-evaluated so in the end kobeand lebron will go to the finals
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now