Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

chill, we need Damps defense and big body against the good teams..

as long as we dont get rid of Roddy, they can have barea though.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

chill, we need Damps defense and big body against the good teams..

as long as we dont get rid of Roddy, they can have barea though.
Yeah, that's the thing for me. Dampier brings so much to this team as he is such a force in the paint, and when he's on, we're unbeatable.

And Nowitness, I have no clue why you aren't keen on Iguodala. He slashes to the basket infinitely more than Howard does, he's a better passer, better ball-handler, and he doesn't kill the ball movement like Josh does. I'd take Iguodala on for someone liek Josh and Barea in a HEARTBEAT.

Mavs dont need to trade Damp until this summer unless something amazing falls in their lap before the deadline. I wish they would pursue Butler or Iggy.

Also, Jason Kidd is out for todays game against the Knicks due to personal reasons.

Why Igoudala? Butler I'd be thrilled with but I'd pass on Iggy no questions asked...

Because Iggy will bring more offense and ball handling ability than Josh can. I would not do Josh and Damp for Iggy and Dalembert though. I would try to get rid of Josh, Gooden, Barea, and Matt Carroll if I could.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Because Iggy will bring more offense and ball handling ability than Josh can. I would not do Josh and Damp for Iggy and Dalembert though. I would try to get rid of Josh, Gooden, Barea, and Matt Carroll if I could.
Exactly.

Parting with Dampier in a deal for Iguodala?

I pass on that. But getting him for a deal for Josh and change? Hook it up!

Mavs playing great.

Who are they playing?

Oh yeah.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

man, i thought this game was later in the afternoon...I just missed a half smh.
Roddy shot great, but he made tons of rookie mistakes that made me cringe (charging, palming, traveling, etc).

Terry and Gooden had great first halves. Hustling out there. Josh was effective on the floor too.

And Marion made his first three as a Mav.
laugh.gif

Drew Gooden might make some bone head plays occasionally, but I love dudes hustle and how hard he plays every time he is on the court.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Drew Gooden might make some bone head plays occasionally, but I love dudes hustle and how hard he plays every time he is on the court.
Hell yeah man, he brings something at that position we don't have. Attitude and hustle.

Him and Marion, I love these guys, they're great additions to the team, they will play hard on defense (even though Drew isn't great), they'll close out, they'll box out and grab boards, they do what they can to make us win.

Knicks getting run out the building right now. Keep the peddle down fellas.

I just can't get excited about Iggy... With him and Marion, how limited are you from outside offensively? I don't know, I guess for Howard I could grow to like it, but I just don't know that I love it... A guy like Kevin Martin, I'd love.

I still don't understand why Roddy doesn't play more... Every time the dude gets minutes he gets BUCKETS... A lot of the other stuff is stuff he'll only learn with experience...

Mavs playing ALLOT better in the second half. Hopefully they keep pushing the ball and playing D to finish the game. And Beaubois needs to play more in a game like this...dude is straight lighting on the court and can shoot pretty well...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I just can't get excited about Iggy... With him and Marion, how limited are you from outside offensively? I don't know, I guess for Howard I could grow to like it, but I just don't know that I love it... A guy like Kevin Martin, I'd love.

I still don't understand why Roddy doesn't play more... Every time the dude gets minutes he gets BUCKETS... A lot of the other stuff is stuff he'll only learn with experience...
He's still making a ton of rookie mistakes that drive a coach like Carlisle NUTS.

I don't blame him, you gotta have your veteran ****** get minutes if he's effective, which quite honestly he has been.

Roddy still makes too many mistakes. He works better at the 2 along side Kidd so he doesnt have to make alot of decisions. He will grow over time but it is hard to give a rookie alot of minutes of a team that is 3rd in the West and trying to make a championship run.

Also, yeah, Kevin Martin can put up alot of offense, but he is kind of fragile and plays no defense and Coach Carlisle continues to preach to defense for this team. I am more interested in Butler. I like what he can bring and he only has 1 year left on his contract so he doesnt hurt you long term if it doesnt work out. Martin is getting paid alot of money.

Dallas is hittin' everything. Drew Gooden played great today. He did a great job on David Lee.

Back
Top Bottom