Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

I haven't been able to watch the past few games, but what I've noticed about Bobo is that he's cut down on the silly turnovers. He's had a total of 3 in his last few games. Early in the season he was making a lot of really silly, amateur turnovers.

Looks like he's got himself under control now. Plus he's toning it down on the silly fouls too. Seemed like ever game he'd get a couple hand-check fouls. I'm glad to see that's stopped for the time being.

Earlier in the season I thought we would struggle to get 50 wins.

The sun has gotten brighter the past few weeks.

With Lakers recent struggles, anyone think we can get and HOLD the #1 seed?
nerd.gif

[h3]http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2010/03/dirk-nowitzki-named-western-conference.html[/h3]
[h3]Dirk Nowitzki Named Western Conference Player of the Week[/h3]
Mavericksforward Dirk Nowitzki was named Western Conference Player of the Weekfor games played March 1-7. For the first time in his career, Nowitzkiearns the honor in consecutive weeks. He was also recognized for hisefforts Feb. 22-28.

Nowitzkiled the Mavericks (43-21 overall) to a 4-0 week. Dallas extended theirseason-long home winning streak to seven games after defeatingMinnesota (3/3) and Sacramento (3/5). The Mavericks also finished theirEastern Conference road docket with victories in Charlotte (3/1) andChicago (3/6). Nowitzki averaged 26.8 points (.482 FG, .962 FT),including 10.5 points in the fourth quarter, to go with 8.8 reboundsand 2.3 assists. He recorded a pair of double-doubles.

The 12[sup]th[/sup]year pro posted his sixth 30-point, 10-rebound effort of the seasonwith a game-high 31 points, 12 rebounds, three assists and three blocksin a 108-100 victory over the Kings on Friday night.

For the season, Nowitzki averages 25.3 points (7[sup]th[/sup] in NBA), 7.7 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.1 blocks in 63 games. He is shooting a career-high 90.9 percent (3[sup]rd[/sup] in NBA) from the free throw line.

TheMavericks own an NBA-best 11-game win streak dating back to vs. Phoenix(2/17). Their 11-1 record since the All-Star Break is the best in theleague.

Miami’s Dwyane Wade joins Nowitzki as Eastern Conference Player of the Week.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

With Lakers recent struggles, anyone think we can get and HOLD the #1 seed?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You've won 11 straight and still trail by 3.  And as easy as your schedule is, ours is no different.  So no. 

But if KMart is done, then I may give you the 2 seed.  Fair enough?

You've won 11 straight and still trail by 3.  And as easy as your schedule is, ours is no different.  So no. 

But if KMart is done, then I may give you the 2 seed.  Fair enough?

If the Lakers continue to lose road games at the exact same pace they have this whole season then we actually probably will catch yall.

The Lakers have 11 road games left. The Lakers are 17-13 on the road so far. If the Lakers keep up that pace that's 5 losses. Mind you yall play pretty decent teams during this stretch so it could be more.

If everyone comes back from injury for us that way that they are supposed to we don't lose more than 3 games the rest of the season.

So go head laugh all you want to.

Smug bastard.
laugh.gif

I dont think the Mavs overtake L.A. but I think they have the 2nd seed on lock, especially if the Mavs take care of the Nuggets later this month. That is really all I wanted to begin with. Avoid L.A. until the Western Conference finals and see what can happen. This dude CP talks #*$* like he is on the Lakers or something.

One more thing.

Since the trade we are 11-1 and during the winning streak we ran through the Lakers, the Magic, the Hawks and the Suns. All really good teams.

Now 11-1 is a hard pace to maintain but have the second easiest schedule in the league the rest of the season.

So go head and keep chortling if want but anyone who isn't biased can see the Mavericks catching the Lakers isn't that far fetched.

I'd put money on it if Damp and Jet weren't hurt.

laugh.gif
 Ok guys, fair enough.  I'll sit and wait for you and won't mention peaking early at all until you've knocked us out of the postseason. 

Should be a good time. 
pimp.gif

It's a longshot to get the #1 seed no doubt, and if we meet in the Playoffs, once again NO DOUBT it'll be a fun series.

But I'm just waiting for yall to get it together already.

Two game losing streak from the Lakers was enough to raise some eyebrows, but three?

That's downright unprecedented!
laugh.gif

Trust me, the Lakers season thread looks like the Titanic right now. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But actually it looks like that after every loss we ever take.  But now it's just causing people to go stir crazy.  It'll pass eventually.  We tend to be a little emotional. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
 Ok guys, fair enough.  I'll sit and wait for you and won't mention peaking early at all until you've knocked us out of the postseason. 

Should be a good time. 
pimp.gif
These dudes ain't practiced together 3 times and you talking about peaking early
laugh.gif

That plus injuries is why I'm as confident as I am.

Dudes is are out there just playing basketball and have won 11 straight WAIT until they actually get used to each other.

^
I don't think you get part of the equation though. 

There is ZERO guarantee that they will all fit once they are all back healthy.  How many times have you seen a team actually play better when the roster is a little bit shorter?  happens all the time don't it? 

Lakers won 4 straight without Kobe.  Now he's back, and they aren't playing well.  Think we should get rid of Kobe? 
laugh.gif

As weird as it sounds, getting healthy could actually disrupt what you have going.  Don't sound right, I know, but do not just assume that when healthy all will grow and continue as they were. 
It's the same thing as saying Roddy is awesome off the bench, if he played 40 minutes a night he would average out to 30 points a game, and 8 steals and etc etc etc.  Don't work that way.  things average out.  Know what I mean? 

There is ZERO guarantee that they will all fit once they are all back healthy. 
The only guy that hasn't played significant minutes since the trade is Dampier... You really think there's any chance his return throws a wrench in this thing?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The only guy that hasn't played significant minutes since the trade is Dampier... You really think there's any chance his return throws a wrench in this thing?

Sure. 

Coaches struggle like hell to figure out rotations.  He could leave Damp out there too long  Or not enough.  He could take away Marion minutes to play both bigs to match up.  He could take away Haywood minutes to keep Damp going, all kinds of stuff gets shuffled around.  Hell, he could sit Dirk too long during stretches, like in the second quarter or something.  When Terry gets back, doesn't Roddy lose minutes from that?  (though I know the easy solution would be to lose JJ minutes.) 
laugh.gif

I'm not saying it's automatic that they struggle to gell, not at all, just saying, there's a LOT of work to be done yet.  Consider this, Dallas is on this run from mid Feb.  They going to run thru Mid Feb til mid June is basically how SP is putting it.  They going to simply run thru all the teams, not even knowing who they could play in the first round, much less the conference finals to the NBA Finals. 
laugh.gif
  I mean, damn. 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Sure. 

Coaches struggle like hell to figure out rotations.  He could leave Damp out there too long  Or not enough.  He could take away Marion minutes to play both bigs to match up.  He could take away Haywood minutes to keep Damp going, all kinds of stuff gets shuffled around.  Hell, he could sit Dirk too long during stretches, like in the second quarter or something.  When Terry gets back, doesn't Roddy lose minutes from that?  (though I know the easy solution would be to lose JJ minutes.) 
laugh.gif

I respect your opinion, but I cant buy into Dampier coming back and throwing a wrench into the whole thing. I dont see how a veteran, 7 footer who has been here for years, who gives you decent size in the paint plus six fouls is just going to completely mess with the rotation and team chemistry. As far a Beaubois, yeah his minutes will probably go down when JET returns, but as good as Roddy has been, I personally still feel more comfortable with Terry on the floor during crunch time than a rookie who is still learning English and the NBA game. I am all for him taking Barea's minutes though. If Carlisle cant figure out how to use the parts he has available and put together a good rotation, then he shouldnt be coaching this team. I think he is a pretty good coach and I dont see one player just throwing his coaching game out of whack.

They going to run thru Mid Feb til mid Juneis basically how SP is putting it.  They going to simply run thru allthe teams, not even knowing who they could play in the first round,much less the conference finals to the NBA Finals. 
laugh.gif
  I mean, damn. 

That is the same tone and confidence that you use when you talk about the Lakers and not being worried about a 3 game losing streak. He has confidence in the Mavs just like you have confidence in the Lakers.

I honestly dont think the Lakers are as great as they seem.

I like the Mavs starting lineup, but damn that bench is atrocious.

Originally Posted by BangDak

I honestly dont think the Lakers are as great as they seam.

I like the Mavs starting lineup, but damn that bench is atrocious.
Dampier out.
Haywood out.
JET out.

Our bench is basically JET Dampier Stevenson Beaubois and JJ when we're healthy.

Ryan Hollins, sit down. Son has a temper with Dirk but Dirk didn't even do anything.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom