Damn. 1999 was a good year. 1999 in 10 minutes.

Haha MTV music awards and release of the dream cast..back then it was supposed to be the greatest graphically system of the time

Man this video makes me so jealous of my older brother and sister. My brother graduated in 2000 and my sister in 2001. The stories they have just gives me a vibe of how great things were back then :smh: .
I was 8 in 1999 and damn this video makes me wish I was 15-20 in the late 90's. Like someone said earlier about associating Sponge Bob with their childhood is crazy. Back in 99 I remember LOVING going to my sister's mom's house to watch Sponge Bob and Monday Night Raw on TNT. I love and remember some things in the late 90's, more music than events and tv, but I consider myself more of a 00's kid.

The early 00's are so underrated. I'm not like some of these people born in 95+ saying they remember the 90's :lol:.

graduated dat year 
pimp.gif

man those were the best years for real gamers. quake, counter strike and unreal tournament > *

WOW!!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane :lol:

99 was my freshmen year in college, it was a pretty cool year. However, IMO 2001 & 2002 were better years (turned 21 in 01 :smokin )

Im blessed, life is still great!!! Nolstagia is fun but live in the moment people and enjoy life because 10 years from now we will be talking about how great 2012 and 2013 were wishing we could go back to these years...

Last edited:
Was 7 years old man...wow.

That was the first year I started watching bball. NBA finals between spurs knicks. Times flies man

man you guys make me feel really old. i was 21. it was such a great year. so many memories packed into those 10 minutes. Dreamcast FTW

Was 8 at the time, and damn those were the days. Love seeing videos like that as it brings back some great memories.

I was 12 years old that year as well and I remember watching MTV, The Box, and BET religiously... I used to get up early in the morning and watch music videos. I also remember watching Rap City: The basement with tigger everyday after school.. Good Times.. Television was more "X rated" that year, which was why we had the "WWF Attitude era"... 1999 was the year that I purchased my first CD by myself at a record store lol. it was 2/23/99, which was the release day of Eminem's "Slim Shady LP"... I remember being shocked at what he was saying on that CD lol, but that CD made him my favorite rapper to this day.. Last, but not lease, the Def Jam 2000 era.. Great times!!

Christ, that really did take me back based on the music alone. Haven't heard some of those jams since they were bumping on the radio!! I was 12 back then, during the Napster and Kazaa phases when everyone was fiending to download every song that was popping off so they could bump it on their scrub-*** computer speakers. N64 and PS1 polygon-pixelated graphics and everyone thinking there wasn't anything topping it. DAMN :smokin Appreciate the vid, that

That video really makes me feel old...from recording songs on a cassette on a radio to buying CD's to buying an MD (MiniDisc) for you young ones...$5.50 for a matinee ticket :lol: and now we got iPods and everything else. Oh, how the generation of kids now don't appreciate what they have now. Glad to have lived through the transition into the 21st century. A shoutout to all my fellow 80's babies :smokin

the video did not show the most important/saddest moment for me in 1999...that was the year Gretzky played his final game.

Back
Top Bottom