Damn Detroit..you scary.

I swear every single person in a gang is scum and deserves to die.
I lost my boy in December because some 16 year old was trying to get initiated, they call him over to the car and even he knew it was sketchy, but he was a good guy, he'd help out anyone in need. As soon as he get to the window, my boys call his name trying to get his attention to duck but it was too late, by the time he turned his head someone stuck their hand out the passenger window and shot him point blank in the head. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The kids were caught the next morning after the vehicle were found.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

. Always go with your gut.
Exactly. How didn't he notice the shotgun tho and why did he get out the wheel too? It was one thing to take him to the area knowin it was shady, it was another to follow his directions around the corner into the cut like that too.
Dude is truly blessed to be alive tho. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Dude has a point though. If God cared so much, why let it happen in the first place? Its almost like throwing your pet poodle into a dog fight, watching it get mangled by a Rottweiler within inches of death, saving it at the last second and then everyone telling you how amazing of an owner you are. Very crazy story though. Dude will never pay for a drink the rest of his life with a story like that.

kanyeshrug.gif

Thats all I'm saying man...but for some reason its illegal to call people out on "thinking" these days. 
maybe "god" was trying to teach him something. I think we can all agree that in life  you will experience both fortunate and misfortunate event.  however i think theres always a lesson to be learn in either situation. in this case, the kid learn to appreciate what he had something that probably took awhile for him to learn before this incident. 

Detroit is one of those places that really is as bad as it's bigged up to be...he knew that. Still didn't deserve to get hit like that though

Originally Posted by 6 got dem handlez

Detroit IS a scary place, and this video is inspirational BUT there's has to be more to this story.
You just don't go into areas of Detroit like that UNLESS you have friends with a PASS. Even still
you'd get merked.

Check the "Post You Car" thread, I almost was robbed and I was blasted at by some low lifes 
who started convo about my Jordans and tried to set me up.

In the D you have to be on your P's and Q's at all time, so this kid had to be messing with low lifes
to even be invited to take a trip across 8mile. Which means there were drugs or some sort of illegal
activity he was mixed up in.
But thats YOUR state of mind. You're talking about posts from the post your car thread, I assume you bought your own whip and you are well over the age of 16 right?
He was young, made a bad decision, the story is what it was. As crazy as the situation is, I doubt he left anything out. Just because you're older with a more responsible mindstate at this point in your life doesn't mean a kid who was just going out of his way to help a friend is going to think the same way. 

And that dude SillyPutty just needs to log off. Ok we get it, YOU'RE NON RELIGIOUS. But you're sitting here trying to break other people's faith? What do you believe in? What if we came in and bashed your faith and beliefs? Just give it a break my dude. Nobody is worried about how much you don't believe God brought my mans through this. 

This ain't any sort of religious debate, this is a kids story. We all have different takes on it. 

Its like you non religious dudes ALWAYS have to say some ++#* once God is brought up. Give it a rest, that ++#* it played out. 

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by PRIME

Nobody is worried about how much you don't believe God brought my mans through this.

Apparently someone did when she called him out by name
Don't know what post you're referring to. But hey, I guess that's on her. But from what I saw, a few people somewhat responded to him with the same reaction as me. 

Originally Posted by Benssick

Yea God really is good. 
pimp.gif

Unless you're one of the millions of other people who don't make it

Inspiring story though, gotta keep fighting
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dragon

Dude has a point though. If God cared so much, why let it happen in the first place? Its almost like throwing your pet poodle into a dog fight, watching it get mangled by a Rottweiler within inches of death, saving it at the last second and then everyone telling you how amazing of an owner you are. Very crazy story though. Dude will never pay for a drink the rest of his life with a story like that.

kanyeshrug.gif

Thats all I'm saying man...but for some reason its illegal to call people out on "thinking" these days. 
maybe "god" was trying to teach him something. I think we can all agree that in life  you will experience both fortunate and misfortunate event.  however i think theres always a lesson to be learn in either situation. in this case, the kid learn to appreciate what he had something that probably took awhile for him to learn before this incident. 
You're just guessing. That doesn't mean your god was even there. All that guessing doesn't establish anything one direction or another. 
So the thousands of people who die every day don't get a chance to learn that lesson? What about newborn babies that don't make it out the hospital? Or innocent men walking home? 
Just admit it, you're speaking on behalf of the very god you think exists instead of proving something. 

You're just speculating. Saying "maybe" doesn't legitimize your statement. 

Its funny that you can talk on "behalf" of your god and think you're doing it any justice. You're not. 

Just say "I don't know" and keep it moving. 

On top of that, if thats your best justification for that sort of a god, why would you worship such a tyrant? ...a rather inconsistent one at that honestly. Because not everyone even lives from things like that. But this one guy get a reason to not take life for granted? Stop it. 

The more I think about it, I don't know the point of this story honestly. Was it to make better friends? To persevere? To not enact revenge? 

...or that god is such an efficient teacher that while letting thousands of people die daily from even less painful or gruesome situations, that he decides to allow a kid to have his body blasted to bloody bits as apart of a failed gang initiation only to realize...that there is a god that exists and deserves credit for saving his life over the doctors, nurses, and emergency workers and does it ALL to prove that he LOVES you? ...Yeah that last one makes sense.  
eyes.gif

And that dude SillyPutty just needs to log off. Ok we get it, YOU'RE NON RELIGIOUS. But you're sitting here trying to break other people's faith? What do you believe in? What if we came in and bashed your faith and beliefs? Just give it a break my dude. Nobody is worried about how much you don't believe God brought my mans through this. 

This ain't any sort of religious debate, this is a kids story. We all have different takes on it. 

Its like you non religious dudes ALWAYS have to say some ++#* once God is brought up. Give it a rest, that ++#* it played out. 

I've already said that I'm happy the kid lived. Its an amazing story...

but I didn't bring religion or god into this...all the people saying "thank god!" did.

Why do they get to say "thank god" when I can't and want to give credit where its REALLY due?

If they don't want my religious opinion, they need to not think they can say "thank god" all willy-nilly without hearing the other side of the argument. 

If you want to support a thought or entity, you better be able to defend it because I am not obligated to hold my tougue. If you think can say anything pro-god or religion then I can and will say something contrary to that. 

Faith is not on an untouchable pedestal. Nothing is free from criticism.

Not celebrity gossip, nike sneakers, iphones and android devices, basketball, politics, economics, cabinet making or the weather tomorrow. Get over it. 

Stop looking at through your little faith based lenses. 

I am honestly offended that more people weren't congratulating the social services that saved this kids life. But yet this god of yours allows this to happen AND gets the credit for saving his life? I'm sorry if that argument isn't holding up and not making sense. Its not my problem. You deal with it. 

Basically if you can say god saved his life then I can also say that Spiderman saved his life if thats how you want to play it.

OR we can grow up and give thanks and praise to the people who actually FOUGHT for his life and his rights. 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Sillyputty, if god is so made up, why are you so mad at him? My grandma has gone to church every Sunday since I was born, yet she spends half the time as you talking about something she believes in, than you do dropping "knowledge" Breathe dude, since you have ALL the answers, go on jeopardy or suntin
If your grandma spends half as much time talking about her god then what does that tell you? 

i actually care if i'm right or wrong or not...thats why I care to talk about it. Your grandma thinks that it exists...I don't think it dos, and I bet your grandma ignores all the contradictions in her faith too. 

Maybe it gives her something to do or "purpose" or maybe she is that...much of a "believer"...or whatever. I don't know and I don't care. But honestly if I talk about about it, shouldn't that concern you that I actually care to take the time to figure out what I'm thinking instead of just accepting it? 

I care so much because we're overlooking the achievements of the REAL heroes and taking their credit away. 

BTW, I'm not mad at your god, your god doesn't exist to me. Its like you being mad at the greek gods. They are so far from your mind that you dont' even pay them attention, but what if people started saying, "Thank ZEUS' might strikes of thunder that this boy was allowed to LIVE!" ...you'd be like...what the hell? 

Exactly my point.

And... you're WRONG.

I didn't say I had all the answers.

I never claimed to.

I said that however why are giving thanks to someone or something that was NOT in the equation. 

If you say "god was there" then PROVE IT. Because I CAN PROVE that doctors, nurses, cops and lawyers were involved. You can't even give an alibi to where god was on the day this kid get jammed up. 

I want credit where credit is due. It DOES matter that much to me. 

Otherwise if you can say that "god saved this kids' life" but can't prove it or even show that "god" was there and not that this kid was fighting to pull himself together (literally and figuratively) then I'm just as free to say that SPIDERMAN WAS THERE AND HELPED HIM UNTIL THE COPS ARRIVED and you can't prove me wrong because you have to believe in spiderman. 

absolutely amazing. this is why i believe in god.

thanks for posting this OP.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cap29

He really got me on the sleep part. *shivers*

waiting for Silly Putty and Anton to explain this.

I'll wait.

Literally, nobody is this stupid and insensitive-In my profession I get to see people on a daily basis who are not as lucky as this young man just stop it

He didn't deserve God's grace anymore than the billions and billions of innocent people who have ever died violent, horrific deaths on this planet

OMG I lived God is good, so much for my war buddy who got his head blown clean off but eff him as long as I made it THANK GOD!!!

Bet Anton can't explain this, $%#% OUTTA HERE WITH THAT NONSENSE
eyes.gif

I bet you thought you were doing it too with the "i bet he can't explain some people being lucky"-Did you think up that philosophical conundrum all by yourself?
eek.gif

I bet people like you also think the fact that I was born into a situation where I have a roof over my head, food on the table, and being in a position to achieve all of my life's goals is also God's doing clearly that would mean the millions upon millions of people on this planet who are too busy dying of hunger to pursue any other endeavors

Sillyputty, if god is so made up, why are you so mad at him? My grandma has gone to church every Sunday since I was born, yet she spends half the time as you talking about something she believes in, than you do dropping "knowledge" Breathe dude, since you have ALL the answers, go on jeopardy or suntin

Originally Posted by Dragon

kanyeshrug.gif

Thats all I'm saying man...but for some reason its illegal to call people out on "thinking" these days

Literally impossible for people like cap

I can't explain it God did it, while completely ignoring all the contradictions to his good will such as what you just pointed out about why it happened in the first place

What kinda sick sadistic a-hole let's someone get hurt JUST TO SAVE THEM
ohwell.gif
or is God really that incompetent?

Religion is based off of faith. So it's just a circular argument and no need for the quarreling.

Life is so short and fragile. Thanks to reminders like this I appreciate what I have and take it day by day.

I got an A on my exam, everyone else did so so or failed, bet you can't explain that

Originally Posted by Jhustle23

Religion is based off of faith. So it's just a circular argument and no need for the quarreling.

Life is so short and fragile. Thanks to reminders like this I appreciate what I have
and take it day by day.

"Amen" I'm a lucky human being, and I'm thankful for it but I do not think I deserve it any more than the next man-

And that dude SillyPutty just needs to log off. Ok we get it, YOU'RE NON RELIGIOUS. But you're sitting here trying to break other people's faith? What do you believe in? What if we came in and bashed your faith and beliefs? Just give it a break my dude. Nobody is worried about how much you don't believe God brought my mans through this. 

I've already said that I'm happy the kid lived. Its an amazing story...

but I didn't bring religion or god into this...all the people saying "thank god!" did.

Why do they get to say "thank god" when I can't and want to give credit where its REALLY due?

If they don't want my religious opinion, they need to not think they can say "thank god" all willy-nilly without hearing the other side of the argument. 

If you want to support a thought or entity, you better be able to defend it because I am not obligated to hold my tougue. If you think can say anything pro-god or religion then I can and will say something contrary to that. 

Faith is not on an untouchable pedestal. Nothing is free from criticism.

Not celebrity gossip, nike sneakers, iphones and android devices, basketball, politics, economics, cabinet making or the weather tomorrow. Get over it. 

Stop looking at through your little faith based lenses. 

I am honestly offended that more people weren't congratulating the social services that saved this kids life. But yet this god of yours allows this to happen AND gets the credit for saving his life? I'm sorry if that argument isn't holding up and not making sense. Its not my problem. You deal with it. 

Basically if you can say god saved his life then I can also say that Spiderman saved his life if thats how you want to play it.

OR we can grow up and give thanks and praise to the people who actually FOUGHT for his life and his rights. 

Thats just it though.. NOBODY ASKED FOR YOUR RELIGIOUS OPINION.

You went out of your way to bring your "religious opinion" into this. Which is what I called you out on. The topic at hand is not religion, its this young mans story. Myself and others praised our God and religious faith for the young mans survival and instead of recognizing his recovery and what you believed brought him through, you turned and ridiculed those who have religion instead. 

Then you dragged it on by making stupid references and analogies about it. 

That !+#+ is played out. Just like I said before... 

We worship God for bringing him through, you worship a man. In the end, you're doing the same as us. Stop looking through your "little lense" and see what you don't see from the outside. 

Originally Posted by Lokillo40

yea ima have to thank the doctor who said she wasnt going to give up on him before ima thank God.

God gave the doctor a scalpel, and guided him through it

God hated some of the trauma surgeons patients tho, they didn't make it-they were most likely gay or even worse pagans

Back
Top Bottom