Dark Girls: Documentary On deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color (Dark Girls: 10 PM: OWN

The opening 30 seconds was enough to make me sick already. But that's where it starts though, at that young age when you're 100% impressionable.
Its a world wide thing, not just black ppl. Indians. asians and all races. Our generation is improving though

Can't watch this, just makes me angry
Also being a "dark" male I have gotten the same treatment
Sad thing is I have always loved chocolate women but I got hit with " I don't want to have dark babies one day"
It's just sad it's more prejudice in my own community, it's like you fighting two wars every morning you wake up as a black man...
If its not hate from your own women or brothas
You dealing with uneducated bigots, police officers, etc
Maybe one day it will change but this stuff is so deep rooted in American and world culture, I will never see it in my life time

Last edited:
See I wish they interviewed better looking dark skinned girls and asked them how much hate THEY got.”

they did..the one girl who said white people embraced her skin or the girl who said people complimented on her looks but said if she was lighter she would be way more attractive

Last edited:
Watching now.

The **** with that little girl was sad. That's why I cant stand lame ****** who claim they have a "preference" for light skinned girls only.

Last edited:
Watching now.

**** is sad. That's I cant stand lame ****** who claim they have a "preference" for light skinned girls only.
Why? Its a preference. That does not mean hes a dark skin hating person.

I like thicker chicks, doesn't mean i dislike skinny chicks

Last edited:
Just tuned into this, seems interesting. Most of the girls I've attracted were light/brown skin and I am biggie smalls dark, but tbh I never really seen that many darkskin chicks I thought were attractive at school. |I

Why? Its a preference. That does not mean hes a dark skin hating person.

I like thicker chicks, doesn't mean i dislike skinny chicks
weight is a completely different dynamic than complexion.

When dudes go around beating their chest about their light-skinned preferences they don't understand the mental effect they have on these darker skinned girls. Hell even brown skinned girls like the little girl in this documentary (who was a beautiful little girl btw) have developed some form of self hatred and think being light bright is the only way you can be considered beautiful.

Last edited:
weight is a completely different dynamic than complexion.

When dudes go around beating their chest about their light-skinned preferences they don't understand the mental effect they have on these darker skinned girls. Hell even brown skinned girls like the little girl in this documentary (who was a beautiful little girl btw) have developed some form of self hatred and think being light bright is the only way you can be considered beautiful.
At the end of the day, its a preference bro.  I could understand if they were degrading darker women, but if they personally like light skins, thats just what they like. An attraction is automatic, not manual. What flows in your mind is why makes you attracted to what you like.

That self hate starts at the home. Your main structure of mind stems from the home. Society is to blame, but the home is the start.

Damn the more I watch the more I want to keep learning about this. Good documentary.

Also all these african women got some nice *** skin yo.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, its a preference bro.  I could understand if they were degrading darker women, but if they personally like light skins, thats just what they like. An attraction is automatic, not manual. What flows in your mind is why makes you attracted to what you like.

That self hate starts at the home. Your main structure of mind stems from the home. Society is to blame, but the home is the start.
It is degrading. In America...Black men specifically have a tendency to wear their "preferences" as a badge of honor. No other race is so adamant about letting everyone know vocally about their skin color preferences.

I've never seen a group of white men talk about how they only **** with "tan" white girls or anything like that. 

Last edited:

It is degrading. In America...Black men specifically have a tendency to wear their "preferences" as a badge of honor. No other race is so adamant about letting everyone know vocally about their skin color preferences.

I've never seen a group of white men talk about how they only **** with "tan" white girls or anything like that. 

Though I agree with all of this, as far as the latter part goes, white men don't say anything like that cause white people don't have a lot of varying skin tons in the first place, especially at the rate of minorities. So it just really never comes up with them.

not degrading at all. I don't see how its degrading to like what you like. You don't force somebody to like something they don't naturally like. Personally I find women of all shades attractive, doesn't matter. It could be a indian chick with a cute face and nice body, a white chick with a decent face and phat butt, dark skin chick with a decent face and decent body, etc. Thats what my mind is attracted to and thats what my ===== likes. It doesn't mean I think 1  race is better looking than the other, it just means thats what I like.

People of all races have a preference. Some white dudes say they want a blonde hair blue eye swedish looking chick. Some want a brown  hair pale skin chick. Its a preference bro. What this documentary is about is the self hate. Somebody's preference should not be a reason for self hate.

Last edited:
the psychological effect slavery had on us is real smh..even in 2013 were still suffering

Last edited:
not degrading at all. I don't see how its degrading to like what you like. You don't force somebody to like something they don't naturally like. Personally I find women of all shades attractive, doesn't matter. It could be a indian chick with a cute face and nice body, a white chick with a decent face and phat butt, dark skin chick with a decent face and decent body, etc. Thats what my mind is attracted to and thats what my ===== likes. It doesn't mean I think 1  race is better looking than the other, it just means thats what I like.

People of all races have a preference. Some white dudes say they want a blonde hair blue eye swedish looking chick. Some want a brown  hair pale skin chick. Its a preference bro. What this documentary is about is the self hate. Somebody's preference should not be a reason for self hate.
You're still missing my ENTIRE point.

I'm speaking about BLACK MEN being so adamant in being VOCAL about their preferences.

Back
Top Bottom