Dark Girls: Documentary On deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color (Dark Girls: 10 PM: OWN

Originally Posted by Dropten

Originally Posted by Al Audi

yea man
the most offended ive ever been was when a mami told me black girl P is ugly, an started to go into detail of why it was ugly

i was like.....
eek.gif
Ignorance. Ive seen some ugly white girl P and some pretty black girl P.  It all depends on the P. Honestly,  ive seen uglier white girl P.

that entire breakdown was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This dude that was "ahead of his time" in the 3rd grade with me was explaining to us how black girls' P was uglier than white girls because the transition from white to pink is more subtle (the word he used) than black to pink. LOL.

This dude that was "ahead of his time" in the 3rd grade with me was explaining to us how black girls' P was uglier than white girls because the transition from white to pink is more subtle (the word he used) than black to pink. LOL.

this whole time i thought the phrase was deep-seeded 
nerd.gif

anyway, sucks that people get treated like this, even by people from their own culture...

an attempt to put others down and make themselves feel better? grimy 

this whole time i thought the phrase was deep-seeded 
nerd.gif

anyway, sucks that people get treated like this, even by people from their own culture...

an attempt to put others down and make themselves feel better? grimy 

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Ppl have been fed that white/light= good and black/dark=bad since the two pigments came in contact with one another. The media also force feeds it and fools eat it up. I'm the type that loves women of all shades. The media plays a big role in what ppl like.

In the 20's it was sexy for a woman to smoke thanks to the media and men ate it up. Ppl are just scared and confused. U want the whites go from wanting nothing to do w/ darker skin or blacks in general to getting tanned, listening to rap, %%% and lip injections, etc. Blacks went from processing hair to look more "white" ala Detroit Red, accepting their color to black pride, to skin bleaching and disassociatin themselves from anything that is black. News flash, u still black and other races will let u know it.

Every woman has something unique and beautiful about them.
the whole tanning thing started after Versace went down to Mallorca and accidentally got sunburned and then came back and did a fashion show mad tan. It has nothing to do with wanting to be black
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Ppl have been fed that white/light= good and black/dark=bad since the two pigments came in contact with one another. The media also force feeds it and fools eat it up. I'm the type that loves women of all shades. The media plays a big role in what ppl like.

In the 20's it was sexy for a woman to smoke thanks to the media and men ate it up. Ppl are just scared and confused. U want the whites go from wanting nothing to do w/ darker skin or blacks in general to getting tanned, listening to rap, %%% and lip injections, etc. Blacks went from processing hair to look more "white" ala Detroit Red, accepting their color to black pride, to skin bleaching and disassociatin themselves from anything that is black. News flash, u still black and other races will let u know it.

Every woman has something unique and beautiful about them.
the whole tanning thing started after Versace went down to Mallorca and accidentally got sunburned and then came back and did a fashion show mad tan. It has nothing to do with wanting to be black
laugh.gif

Def watching this tonight. The weird thing about this is I've never been called ugly for being dark skin and people would even compliment me. (not the "pretty to be dark skin" but they'd say I'm a "pretty chocolate girl") But for some reason I still hated my dark skin and envied the lighter skin girls. Maybe it was the attention they got from the guys or maybe it was unconsciously put in my head but I'm glad I pushed through that part of my life and I hope these women will/have as well. 

Last edited:
The opening 30 seconds was enough to make me sick already. But that's where it starts though, at that young age when you're 100% impressionable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom