Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
So who are people upset at that corporations and structures give more credence to lbgtq causes over others and what are you going to do about it?
I just want to do numbers. Blacks only make 13% of the population.

You take that number and compare it to the intersectionality of LBGTQ numbers…

Maybe there’s a bigger number of white feminists, LBGTQs, etc than blacks…

Starting to look like the LGBTQ community / GLAAD = Terminator 2.

i-have-detailed-files-arnold-schwarzenegger.gif

Whole library of Marion Barryesque tapes and files on some very powerful people :lol:

Oh?

You don't think he / she should be cancelled / fired?

Check your inbox...

20141123Barry_FBI.jpg

How about now? :lol:

I didn't say white people were the only ones making this point
but when a white college educated trans person does it.
Black college educated activists think defund the police is a great idea,
black voters don't seem to agree.
trans people like most other minority groups in America have limited political power.
but they do have cultural power. elite intuitions largely have totally absorbed modern gender ideology and probably have more power than any other minority group to enforce speech norms and police the bounds of acceptable discourse.
I'm sorry about your negative college experience.

I'm not the only one who's noticed that all roads seem to lead here for you. I think you've allowed your resentment of this nebulous elite college orthodoxy to inversely dictate your positions.
It's actually reminiscent of the infamous all caps Brietbart rant about vaccines: "THE ORGANIZED LEFT IS DELIBERATELY PUTTING UNVACCINATED TRUMP SUPPORTERS IN AN IMPOSSIBLE POSITION WHERE THEY CAN EITHER NOT GET A LIFE-SAVING VACCINE OR ... CAVING TO THE UGLIEST, SMUGGEST BULLIES IN THE WORLD."

You're being put in the impossible position of being forced to choose sides between Laura Ingraham or Warner and Taylee from U of T.
In such situations, you routinely fall in with MAGA over the "elite institutions."

Personally, I fail to see how the antidote to hypocrisy is more hypocrisy. If White feminists care more about sexist jokes than racist jokes, that's indicative of their racism - not a justification for outright nihilism and the erosion of empathy or respect.
But whenever Gillian and Ollie take a stand it sends you sauntering down the Joker stairs. You did this whole bit about how even a broken clock is right twice per day and just because Joe Rogan is an idiot doesn't mean he can't occasionally make a valid point. Perhaps you need to accept the possibility, then, that just because someone you don't like is pushing for greater respect and consideration doesn't necessarily make it a bad idea.

Again, Dave himself once believed in this and put his money where his heart was - turning his back on millions to avoid sending his audience a negative message in contrast with his intentions.

It's worth asking if he still cares about that - or applying it evenhandedly, in the way he feels his critics do not.

In a 6-3 conservative supreme court transgender people rights recognized as being protected under the civil rights act.

It seems to me if all this has happened and it still hasn't put a dent in the trans murder rate
perhaps it isn't media that is harming trans people. perhaps they have material needs that won't be addressed by think pieces?
This is so facetious.

So everyone "protected under the civil rights act" has no right to comment on their mistreatment?

What if I told you that think pieces... were art?

The arguments you're making here sound a lot like the arguments against renaming Washington's NFL team or Cleveland's MLB team.
"You're overreacting."
"It's not really hurting anybody."
"The teams say they're honoring indigenous people."
"Can you prove it even bothers anyone besides a few activists? This survey commissioned by Daniel Snyder says otherwise."
"Well how do I know your survey is more representative? They could've interviewed 4,000 Elizabeth Warrens."
"I happen to know that one of Snyder's best friends is 1/8th Apache."

You can say that the vulgar objectification of cishet women's bodies as a staple in Dave's routines is also offensive, but 1) that's not the equivalent to "yuck" and 2) it doesn't help advance your argument that White feminists are the driving force behind all of this and are bulldozing creative culture.

There are people out there who aren't bothered by racial slurs, some of whom would even give "passes" to people like Eminem. If you're going to use a slur - especially when you are not a member of the group defamed by that slur - you are choosing to cause needless and gratuitous offense to a large number of people in service to your own personal "freedom."

The bottom line here is that it doesn't bother you.

The point Dave was ultimately trying to make here - that his critics are hypocrites - made him a hypocrite, too.

While I can identify with his frustration, and yours, with selective outrage, falling in line with old, washed up White comedians like Bill Maher and Jerry Seinfeld against "political correctness" is counterproductive, and only serves the maintain an unjust status quo.

Always Liked Neal Brennan, He Seems To Get It.

So who are people upset at that corporations and structures give more credence to lbgtq causes over others and what are you going to do about it?
Not "cancel" them, apparently.

I'm sorry about your negative college experience.

I'm not the only one who's noticed that all roads seem to lead here for you. I think you've allowed your resentment of this nebulous elite college orthodoxy to inversely dictate your positions.
It's actually reminiscent of the infamous all caps Brietbart rant about vaccines: "THE ORGANIZED LEFT IS DELIBERATELY PUTTING UNVACCINATED TRUMP SUPPORTERS IN AN IMPOSSIBLE POSITION WHERE THEY CAN EITHER NOT GET A LIFE-SAVING VACCINE OR ... CAVING TO THE UGLIEST, SMUGGEST BULLIES IN THE WORLD."

You're being put in the impossible position of being forced to choose sides between Laura Ingraham or Warner and Taylee from U of T.
In such situations, you routinely fall in with MAGA over the "elite institutions."
More made up fan fiction about my motivations, with dash of lies.
I don't routinely fall in line with MAGA, it's a lie.

"you're a bad person, who has bad motivations, and bad people also agree with you 1% of the time you must be wrong. "

as I said I fixate on this class and education issue because I think it's harmful to marginalized people.

I focus on the material. you want to focus on nebulous bank shot speech = harm arguments.

Personally, I fail to see how the antidote to hypocrisy is more hypocrisy. If White feminists care more about sexist jokes than racist jokes, that's indicative of their racism - not a justification for outright nihilism and the erosion of empathy or respect.
But whenever Gillian and Ollie take a stand it sends you sauntering down the Joker stairs. You did this whole bit about how even a broken clock is right twice per day and just because Joe Rogan is an idiot doesn't mean he can't occasionally make a valid point. Perhaps you need to accept the possibility, then, that just because someone you don't like is pushing for greater respect and consideration doesn't necessarily make it a bad idea.

Again, Dave himself once believed in this and put his money where his heart was - turning his back on millions to avoid sending his audience a negative message in contrast with his intentions.

It's worth asking if he still cares about that - or applying it even-handedly, in the way he feels his critics do not.

If you dislike Dave's comedy that is certainly your right.

I think it's okay if comedy is not empathetic and respectful at all times,
you can disagree that's cool.

if you think he's a hypocrite, fine.
but disagreement on these points is not transphobia, even if an activist somewhere says that it is.

there is plenty of art that is nihilistic. Grand Theft Auto is nihilistic,
NWA might be the most purely nihilistic, entertainment product ever invented

I think it's okay for those things to exist,
if think it's bad that's cool, I'm not rolling and I think that's okay.

This is so facetious.
So everyone "protected under the civil rights act" has no right to comment on their mistreatment?

What if I told you that think pieces... were art?

you can comment what ever you feel as I keep saying,
Think pieces are art im not advocating banning them?

I don't think the current state of media is some cesspool of transphobia. trans people are more represented than ever.

my point is if speech in media is the lever we need to adjust to help trans people,
things are better than ever but according to you and many activist, Trans women are still subject to immense levels of violence.

Perhaps media, speech is not as influential as you seem to think it is?

The arguments you're making here sound a lot like the arguments against renaming Washington's NFL team or Cleveland's MLB team.
"You're overreacting."
"It's not really hurting anybody."
"The teams say they're honoring indigenous people."
"Can you prove it even bothers anyone besides a few activists? This survey commissioned by Daniel Snyder says otherwise."
"Well how do I know your survey is more representative? They could've interviewed 4,000 Elizabeth Warrens."
"I happen to know that one of Snyder's best friends is 1/8th Apache."

"the bad people in the past made bad arguments that bare some passing resemblance to your argument so therefore it must be wrong." yes im a bad wrongthinker i know.

You can say that the vulgar objectification of cishet women's bodies as a staple in Dave's routines is also offensive, but 1) that's not the equivalent to "yuck" and 2) it doesn't help advance your argument that White feminists are the driving force behind all of this and are bulldozing creative culture.

There are people out there who aren't bothered by racial slurs, some of whom would even give "passes" to people like Eminem. If you're going to use a slur - especially when you are not a member of the group defamed by that slur - you are choosing to cause needless and gratuitous offense to a large number of people in service to your own personal "freedom."

again it's fine if you think Dave's work and style of comedy is bad and offensive.
and you can repeat up and down how you think it's bad and offensive.
Is it cool if I don't? can have a good faith disagreement about the content of the special?
or is that transphobia. because in our current speech climate is that it's transphobia.

it doesn't help advance your argument that White feminists are the driving force behind all of this and are bulldozing creative culture.

no the growing cultural divide between college educated people and regular working class people is driving this.
and the dynamic surrounding this special is just a particularly potent microcosm of it.

Last edited:
I would say the same to him.

Or at the very least get through one post without a brand new origin story for OKB fanfiction he's working on.
IMO, he is making more sound arguments and presenting his position better

And it has been that way for the last few exchanges. So that is why I said to throw in the towel

I mean he is throwing jabs at you, you have the right to be upset by that, but even if you remove them his arguments are more convincing

And it is hard to feel sympathetic to your objections about "fanfiction" when you have kinda been conflating his positions and the positions of "insert progressive you don't like"

Last edited:
IMO, he is making more sound arguments and presenting his position better

And it has been that way for the last few exchanges. So that is why I said to throw in the towel

I mean he is throwing jabs at you, you have the right to be upset by that, but even if you remove them his arguments are more convincing

And it is hard to feel sympathetic to your objections about "fanfiction" when you have kinda been conflating his positions and the positions of "insert progressive you don't like"

hey well as you'd expect, i don't agree

but ill say we are just going round on round on the same points,
so I think im done here.

hey well as you'd expect, i don't agree

but ill say we are just going round on round on the same points,
so I think im done here.
I didn't expect you to

I know you move already

Plus most people probably wouldn't admit when someone is getting the better of them in a debate

Last thing I will say is that if you make demands of people only respond to exactly what you said, maybe you should make sure you are doing that too. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
as I said I fixate on this class and education issue because I think it's harmful to marginalized people.
Harmful, you say? And how, pray tell, have you reached this conclusion? Murder wave? Unanimous opinion? Or some yet unspecified standard that you refuse to apply to this issue?

Wait…. do you mean to say that fancy college manners harm trans people even though a conservative Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that transgender workers’ rights are protected under the Civil Rights Act of 1964?!

surprised_pikachu_hd_wallpaper___remastered_by_thorofi_dcupirs-fullview.png

Nobody batting an eye at her referring to Dave as a "little boy" even though off hand shows how accepted and baked into every layer of society the blatant disrespect for black people and specifically a black MAN. Referring to Dave as a boy in anyway is the type of micro agression from whites coded into speech and entertainment.

With the long history of Jim Crow, she still is able to use her agency as a feminist to refer to Dave in a boyish manner. This is exactly what Dave is talking about.

1634217815268.gif

Now you know taking like this is considered literal violence on this board.

>D

Back
Top Bottom