David Fincher: House of Cards( BEWARE OF SPOILERS) (series) starring Kevin Spacey

Show had way too many seasons. Not even legitimately interested in this season after forcing myself through the last. Season 3 with Petrov was a chore while Season 4 was better. Season 5 was worse than 3 plus knowing that Spacey was out makes this even less appealing.

I agree 100% about the show having too many seasons. The show began falling off after Season 2 for me. Frank's rise to power was far more interesting than him actually being in power. Seeing him go from Majority whip, to VP and finally becoming president and all the cunning moves he made along the way was amazing.

I agree 100% about the show having too many seasons. The show began falling off after Season 2 for me. Frank's rise to power was far more interesting than him actually being in power. Seeing him go from Majority whip, to VP and finally becoming president and all the cunning moves he made along the way was amazing.

The BBC UK show was far shorter in length. Netflix just saw the reviews for the first and second season and then extended it for the sake of doing so.

The budget for season 5 was pretty terrible too and I honestly think David Fincher has not been involved with the show since the second season. :smh:

Also, in light of the Kevin Spacey allegations, I think they made some really bad tonal choices with the show. They really sent a mixed message with the whole first female president, feminist angle.

She establishes the first all-female cabinet and they spend a lot of time addressing her role as a female and how she won't be controlled by men, and when she speaks with the soldier early in the season she says "would you ask me that question if I were a man?", etc. The definitely push the feminist angle, but at the same time she's Pure evil and is willing to kill her opponent. It's a weird mixed message.

These shows are trippin' hard with their narratives. We watch this 'ish to get away from 'real life'.

I think both her and Spacey had far too much creative control and writing responsibilities for the last two seasons - the latter of which they are simply not good at.

Spacey in season 1 came across as a womanizer then by season 3 the man suddenly had no interest in women. I suppose he was just being himself but still... :smh:

I'm not surprised. You know Frank is at his best with his back against the wall. I bet he kept looking at the cameras incredulously too.

I still can't believe he pulled that Frank Underwood defense/rationalizing vid. Like he legit used the charisma of the character to ingratiate himself with ppl to ignore or not believe the accusations.

We living in strange times. Especially if it worked.

Last edited:
Just finished season 6. I want to punch something.

Spacey YouTube vid better than entire season.

Even more mad that legal system says there's no case and he's innocent. Should just shoot whole season over.

Damn son doing his dirt across the pond.

I really expected after the first few allegations and claims that either that would be that or the flood gates would open on dude.

Back
Top Bottom