David Lee 2010??

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by SHUGES

The David Lee hate is ridiculous and unwarranted.
smh.gif
not until he leaves and starts putting in work for that particular haters team
smh.gif
. Id take this dude over a lot of bums in the league.
lmzach4_t300.jpg

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

We have no need for Lee now, but I can see OKC getting him or him just staying in NY after the Knicks can't bring in a legit superstar and end up with Joe Johnson.
laugh.gif

i thought that cant happen?

Colangelo is dumb enough to sign him but I dont think we'll get him. He's going to be overpaid as he.ll wherever he ends up.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Im not quite sure how you can overpay a guy who averages a double double.

...on one of the most mediocre teams in the league

He's definitely not re-signing with the Knicks. Not after they slapped him in the face last summer. Plus, the Knicks are saving money for Rudy Gay.

if earning 7,000,000 dollars in one year is a slap in the face, then sign me up.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

He's definitely not re-signing with the Knicks. Not after they slapped him the face last summer. Plus, the Knicks are saving money for Rudy Gay.

Oh you mean when him and his agent were demanding $12-14 million a year correct?  Or when each and every team passed on him correct?  Slap in the face?  Another strong post from you in S&T.

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Im not quite sure how you can overpay a guy who averages a double double.

...on one of the most mediocre teams in the league
And that makes it even more impressive, as he's putting up numbers against most other teams in the league with little assistance.

Do some people not realize that he doesn't play a lick of defense? That's how you end up over paying a guy that gets a double double.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

He's definitely not re-signing with the Knicks. Not after they slapped him the face last summer. Plus, the Knicks are saving money for Rudy Gay.

Oh you mean when him and his agent were demanding $12-14 million a year correct?  Or when each and every team passed on him correct?  Slap in the face?  Another strong post from you in S&T.
They slapped him in the face by being unwilling to commit to him beyond one year because they're chasing windmills in the form of FA's that will never sign with them. Lee will have leverage this summer. If the Knicks won't pay him then somebody will--- although he won't get max money.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Do some people not realize that he doesn't play a lick of defense? That's how you end up over paying a guy that gets a double double.
I think it has been proven in the L that if you're gonna be a 1 dimensional player, then it's best to be an offensive force as opposed to a defensive force.

Z-Bo? Scola? Amare? Jamison? David West? I doubt you'd mistake ANY of those guys for defensive stalwarts. And yet, their value makes them BIG pieces of their respective teams.

I swear, some of you guys make it seem as if a Leon Powe or a Theo Ratliff or a PJ Brown or a Udonis Haslem or a Kenyon Martin or a Tyrus Thomas (all guys who supposedly are known for playing a "lick of defense") are more valued than a David Lee.

Lee deserves Charlie Villanueva money at least.

As for defense, playing for D'antoni and playing out of position isn't really gonna suit any big man on the def. end.

I'm sure he'd look like a different defender playing alongside Lopez and Boone. And if they can hire Jeff Van Gundy to coach, he'd look even better!

if we do get 2 FA pick ups this summer i'd love to see him in NJ playing in his true position with lopez and getting to see him on tv every now and then. and i can realistically see him going there cuz he seems to like NY, and doesnt have to relocate if he wants to continue living here.

As for defense, playing for D'antoni and playing out of position isn't really gonna suit any big man on the def. end.
  On the other end of that spectrum, playing for D'Antoni inflates his offensive numbers a bit no?

Lee will have leverage this summer.
That's what him and his agent thought last summer.  I still think it's going to be a repeat of last summer, unless some team gets extremely desperate after missing out on Bosh, Amare or Boozer.  I just hope he doesn't price himself out of a good contract with a upper tier team.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Why do Laker fans wanna chase everybody? Your front line is set. You need a got damn bench and a pg.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

every thread they in there

"for a sign and trade with ______ "

"do it mitch"

they think every team is like the grizzlies
laugh.gif

I swear, some of you guys make it seem as if a Leon Powe or a Theo Ratliff or a PJ Brown or a Udonis Haslem or a Kenyon Martin or a Tyrus Thomas (all guys who supposedly are known for playing a "lick of defense") are more valued than a David Lee.
who ever said that?

At least some of those guys can block shots and won't cost 10-12 million a year.

David Lee can not score with his back to the basket and does not play defense/block shots. I would like a big man I'm paying that kind of money to, to at least be able to do 1 of those things.

David Lee for 8 mill a year? Cool..anything higher...see ya.

No, Lee will have a bit more leverage this year because more teams have cap space, and they'll settle for guys like Lee, Sugar Ray if they cant get the big goodies (Lebron, JJ, Bosh, Gay, etc.)

I still think he should be worth 8-10mil. MAX.

Back
Top Bottom