David Lee 2010??

Orlando doesn't need another low post scorer, Dwight barely gets enough touches as is. Bass is a great fit, he just doesn't get enough minutes.

Only way he leaves is if we do get two stars. I can see him goin to Miami maybe with Amare. he did play College ball in florida.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Im not quite sure how you can overpay a guy who averages a double double.

michael-jordan_02.jpg

And he only averaged a Double Double once.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Why do Laker fans wanna chase everybody? Your front line is set. You need a got damn bench and a pg.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

every thread they in there

"for a sign and trade with ______ "

"do it mitch"

they think every team is like the grizzlies
laugh.gif

thats how we do it
laugh.gif
...were greedy and never satisfied
laugh.gif
 plus bynum is a girl

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Why do Laker fans wanna chase everybody? Your front line is set. You need a got damn bench and a pg.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

every thread they in there

"for a sign and trade with ______ "

"do it mitch"

they think every team is like the grizzlies
laugh.gif

thats how we do it
laugh.gif
...were greedy and never satisfied
laugh.gif
 plus bynum is a girl

If ya'll was smart, you would've found a way to keep Marc on your team and wouldn't need to look for another big.
laugh.gif
Too bad ya'll didn't have Jerry to help you guys out with that.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I swear, some of you guys make it seem as if a Leon Powe or a Theo Ratliff or a PJ Brown or a Udonis Haslem or a Kenyon Martin or a Tyrus Thomas (all guys who supposedly are known for playing a "lick of defense") are more valued than a David Lee.
who ever said that?

No one "said" that. Which is why I said some of you make it SEEM....

Anyway, my point was allen mentioned Lee doesn't play defense. So I named a bunch of guys who are offensive minded players (who also don't play a lick of D), yet they command big contracts. Lee is younger than all of them that I named (Scola, Zbo, Jamison, Amare, West) AND is still improving.

The theory of him having inflated stats in this system is a bit of a stretch since Lee has been putting up numbers relative to his minutes before Damn-phony even arrived.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

At least some of those guys can block shots and won't cost 10-12 million a year.

David Lee can not score with his back to the basket and does not playdefense/block shots. I would like a big man I'm paying that kind ofmoney to, to at least be able to do 1 of those things. 
You're definitely hating on him right now.
laugh.gif

If he scored with his back to the basket and blocked a shot per game, your next complaint would be "I would like a big man to at least be a good passer out of the post or finish with authority around the rim. I need at least 1 of those things".
laugh.gif

The bottom line is that Lee gives you 20 and ELEVEN, (almost TWELVE actually.... So it's not as if he is just barely giving you a double-double)... Shoots 80% from the stripe... 55% from the floor... And still gives you 3.6 apg. Just for good measure, he gives you a steal per game as well. You're telling me if you didn't know who the player was and just saw the numbers, you'd still balk at giving him big money?

Yeah ok.

You picked the only 2 flaws of son's game and demand more.

YEAH OK.
laugh.gif

Just say you don't like him on the team or as a player and be done with it.

Those two flws are the main thing you want out of a big man. If a big man can't play any D, he is pretty much useless. For Lee to be on a winning team he would need a very good defensive center next to him.

Milwaukee wouldn't be a bad fit imo.

A big man who cant block shots, isnt a big man.

Any team playing him as their starting CENTER, isnt going to get far. He needs to be next to a true center, Bogut, Lopez, Bynum, Dwight, etc.

we're like less than 2 years removed from you saying Josh Boone is better, soo...
laugh.gif

I've always been a fan of his since his rookie year. I said if I can keep Lee at a reasonable price compared to Amare, do that instead of giving Amare a max deal.

But the money he will demand and did demand? No..no way. David Lee is best suited as a great #3 on a team..not a #2 and that's the money he's looking for.

The bottom line is that Lee gives you 20 and ELEVEN, (almost TWELVEactually.... So it's not as if he is just barely giving you adouble-double)... Shoots 80% from the stripe... 55% from the floor...And still gives you 3.6 apg. Just for good measure, he gives you asteal per game as well. You're telling me if you didn't know who theplayer was and just saw the numbers, you'd still balk at giving him bigmoney?
You realize he'll never be in position to post the numbers on other teams? Nobody is running their offense out of the high post through David Lee if they don't have to. The Knicks suck and he's their best option.

Again, if he's paid excess of 10 million dollars, he's overpaid and I don't want him. That has nothing to do with me liking or disliking the guy.

That is a Knick fan who has seen way too many players come through here with more money than they deserve and not wanting to see that happen anymore.
You picked the only 2 flaws of son's game and demand more.
I will take issue with any big man that is lacking in those 2 areas. It's not even that he's lacking, he flat out can't do either.

Watching him play against the Lakers front line or other teams with actual length and size is just painful.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Those two flws are the main thing you want out of a big man. If a big man can't play any D, he is pretty much useless. For Lee to be on a winning team he would need a very good defensive center next to him.
Ok, maybe this is what I'm getting mixed up here. What is your definition of a "big man"? Is it height (6'9 and above)? Or is it position (PF/C)? Cuz I keep naming a few "big men" who fit both definitions (Amare, West, Scola, Zbo, Jamison, etc...). And NONE of those guys play D like that. So according to you, they are all pretty much useless? I'm confused...

Originally Posted by BangDak

A big man who cant block shots, isnt a big man.
BD, I disagree with this. First of all, Lee's true position is PF. We all know that. So in comparison to his brethren at the PF slot, I don't see why you guys are demanding blocks from him. West gives you .7, Jamison also gives you .7, Scola .3, Zbo .5, Landry .8, Boozer .5...

Secondly, Kevin Love, Brad Miller, & LaMarcus Aldridge are considered centers right? None of those guys are close to a block per game. In other words, you can be a very effective center in this league and not have to be some great defensive presence in the paint.

And allen, I'm gonna have to dig up that Josh Boone quote and see how serious I was.
laugh.gif

edit:
Found it.
Originally Posted by SHUGES

And Josh Boone is gonna be a good pro. I didn't really like him at UConn. But he's solid. Better than Lee right now. 
Come on now!
I said that during Boone's rookie year when he was putting up some solid numbers (8ppg, 7rpg on 55% shooting in only 25 mpg). That same year Lee only averaged 10 and 8. Plus I said "RIGHT NOW". That quote was from nov 08. So yeah, it was probably true that Boone was better than lee at that moment.

What I'm sayin with all this is now that we have money I want to use it wisely.

I think Aldridge is over paid, I think Amare will get a contract he doesn't deserve. I wouldn't wana pay David West big money, I think Jamison got more than he's worth years ago. Zbo as well.

I understand Lee will get what the market dictates, it's just there's a point I do not want to go over.

It's not to say those guys aren't good players or that David Lee isn't...but don't free up all this money and then go dump it all on David Lee for 11 million a year, you know?

We've been terrible for years with David Lee that can continue without him.

None of them are centers. they're all forced to play out of position.

I mean, im not complaining with lee. you know what you get from him, a guy who hustles, and is a good rebounder for his size, can shoot the midrange, finish around the rim, but my goodness hes terrible on D and at blocking shots.

I'd be content with David Lee at $8-9M. Anything more is laughable.

And let's not try to use the salaries of other players as examples. A majority of those players are vastly overpaid and put their teams in bad spots for years.

thats how we do it [laugh] ...were greedy and never satisfied [laugh] plus bynum is a girl

Back when Bynum signed the big deal, I posted in whatever thread was making saying it was a mistake not to wait longer and some dude bashed on me saying his injuries were over and he was proven... I wish I could find that but I'm too lazy.
laugh.gif

Allen basically said the point I was gonna come in here and make.

Lee would not be putting up these stats on a decent team. He's really not as much of an offensive presence as his numbers suggest...that's not to say he's overrated and sucks and blah blah but David Lee is not a $10 mill a year guy.

He still might be able to get that money though.

Why are people listing teams that have PF's & Centers already?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom