David Stern RETIRING!

Guys a prick but he's been the best sports commissioner of the past 30 years or so. Did tremendous amounts for the league. Never understand the ill-will toward him.

IMO did the most for his respective sport with the exception of Rozelle. Best commish last 20 years besides Paul T. Definitely arrogant and sometimes jerk but still did a lot of good

Reminds me of mayor bloomberg. He has done a lot of good compared to bad. But he's hated. Just like most other authoritative figures.

Their are three types of people on NT who hate David Stern.

1 -The one's who don't understand business, nor care.
2 - The one's who idolized the Hip-Hop Allen Iverson era (on and off the court).
3 - Those who believe that the NBA is just one big conspiracy.

David Stern has been by far the best commissioner in all of the four major sports. He has always been steps ahead on - National TV deals, Breakthrough Technology, Internet, NBATV, Global Marketing, National marketing, etc. Their is so much David Stern and NBA has been on the forefront with. The NFL, MLB, & NHL have been carbon-copying what the NBA has been doing since the late 1980's.

...what is/was so bad about Stern?

You still beat your wife Allen?

2 lockouts in 11 years.

Racially motivated treatment of his players.

Basketball reasons.

Transparency of officials, calls, punishments.

Seattle dealings.

Where are the bodies buried?

He has been the best comissioner out of them all. I'm sad, but he does have to go. I see the wily old man starting to seep in, so that means he has to go. Think about it, his time as commish included, Larry, Magic, Kareem, Jordan, Barkley, Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, O'neal, James, Durant...you get the point. I think he's one of the greatest comissioners ever. Although I didn't like the dress code thing. No more baggy jeans and excessive jewelry, and now we have Dwight Howard in extra smedium sweaters and fake nerd glasses and Russell Westbrook in awful shirts :smh:. I still kinda blame AI for bringing attention to dress code situation. I also felt like he unfairly picked on him at times, but that's just me.

Their are three types of people on NT who hate David Stern.

1 -The one's who don't understand business, nor care.
2 - The one's who idolized the Hip-Hop Allen Iverson era (on and off the court).
3 - Those who believe that the NBA is just one big conspiracy.

David Stern has been by far the best commissioner in all of the four major sports. He has always been steps ahead on - National TV deals, Breakthrough Technology, Internet, NBATV, Global Marketing, National marketing, etc. Their is so much David Stern and NBA has been on the forefront with. The NFL, MLB, & NHL have been carbon-copying what the NBA has been doing since the late 1980's.

Correct sir. Side note, Gary Bettman came from the NBA tho.

He has been the best comissioner out of them all

Awesome. So he's better than Selig, Goodell, and Bettman. Swell.

That's like saying someone is nicer than Hitler, the Devil, and OJ.

Don't make you good, just better than 3 worse morons.

Pauly T >

Paul T didn't have to do much though, NFL is the biggest sport and sold itself. NFL Europe flopped he didn't sell the game much, basically all the blemishes the league had have now came to light with time under Goodell. Tell me what Tagliabue did that was so great?

You still beat your wife Allen?
2 lockouts in 11 years.
Racially motivated treatment of his players.
Basketball reasons.
Transparency of officials, calls, punishments.
Seattle dealings.
Where are the bodies buried?

1. The did you beat your wife is one of the classic moments in TV history...I mean its Jim Rome, what was not great about that.
2. 2 lockouts but he never lost a season. The last lockout especially had zero impact on the season really and only proved that the league should start on Christmas anyway.
3. The league owned the Hornets. It was a horrible trade, your still the only one defending that trade cause it benefited the Lakers. The league didn't overstep its bound on that, they held out and got a better deal. It was exactly that basketball reasons.
4. Transparency is so vague. Obviously some fines/suspensions are overboard and there are definite biases but be specific at least.
5. Seattle sucked but its not the first team that has moved in sports. Big money runs sports, the commissioner's boss is the owner so there is really only so much Stern can do in that situation.

The race stuff I agree but Stern was hardly the engine of that vehicle. He was a minute part and for the most part he has done an excellent job negotiating that terain. When your selling an overwhelmingly black sport to a racist white America, there are going to be some racist casualties. Racism exists in every business, every facet of corporate America. It would be much more prevalent in the NFL if fans were ten feet from the court and the players weren't covered in jerseys and helmets. Is the NBA supposed to transcend a huge plague that troubles not just the NBA but the whole country. It is just not feasible at this point.

CP you're my dude but your use of Hitler and OJ as examples is horrible.
The hate for David Stern or any commissioner of any sport is completely incomparable to the hate for people like Hitler.

It's not that serious bro...

Back
Top Bottom