David Stern says a woman COULD play in the NBA within the next decade....

2007-04-19_feature_story_2653_3453.jpg

their forwards and centers can barely dunk a basketball and there mad tall compared to lil nate
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
this will not happen in any of our lifetimes.... sorry Stern.

I'm not some male-chauvinist pig type guy either - it's just how it goes. The most gifted women rarely crack the 80th percentile of all men in terms ofathletics... and to play in the NBA you've got to be 99+.

Sure, a girl like that Britney chick is huge and does well against other women - but what has she ever done against men? I used to be forced to play pickupball with the starting PSU women's team occasionally when they were in the offseason, and as aggressive and tough as they played for women, they were stillgetting ran out of the gym by extremely average teams that were thrown together.

Now certainly that is anecdotal, and PSU ain't exactly a powerhouse every year - but these girls are still better than 95 percent of women basketballplayers out there, and they can't even beat some scrub guys who never play together. It was just a matter of them being too slow, too unathletic, and tooweak. And they weren't weak for chicks, they would try to body you up and what not - but even the strongest chicks aren't going to be able to handleguys who just are built naturally with more strength than they've worked their *@%#! off to get.

Basically.... to sum it up.... no.
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Who would win in a game of one on one: Candace or Scal?[/color]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

Dudes would be catchin rape cases left and right..
Eh...where's the funny?

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

theres already been one in the league for about 12 years now

pierce.jpg
Eh....x2

x3.....and not to be a total homer but you do realize that he was stabbed 11 times and played the following season right? Thats tough enough for me

I wish Stern would #*$+ with all of his wild %%+ ideas. That's why there is a women's league. Dude might need to step down.

The worst player in the league would not even struggle to beat the best female player.

JJ Barea > c.parker..
in terms of basketball skills.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

The worst player in the league would not even struggle to beat the best female player.

JJ Barea > c.parker..
basically

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

JJ Barea > c.parker..

it's not really even about skills, though. There are plenty of greatly skilled women and men's players who just would not stand a chance in the leaguebased on size and athleticism alone.

If it were easy enough to just stand around and jack up 3 pointers all the time, JJ Reddick and Salim Stoudamire would be on their way to the hall of fame. Two guys who showed for years in college they could put up buckets at astounding rates against very good men's basketball players and teams, are strugglingto be significant at the professional level.

I mean - just consider all the really solid men's players who don't play in the NBA... and now you're saying a woman is going to come in and do itsoon?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

How could anyone think this is possible.

I could not see one, not one woman being able to rebound with the men, play defense with men or flat out keep up in terms of pace.

Irresponsible comment by Stern.

Back
Top Bottom