"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Ugh, I was barely able to give DoFP a pass for Kitty's "phasing" through time, but if they replace Angel/Archangel for Logan I think I'd be livid.

This movie takes place in the 80s. Angel wouldn't be old enough

Honestly, I could care less what they do. As long as Logan has his adamantium and they explain it I'm straight

Last edited:
Apocalypse gives him back the adamantium after magneto takes it away in the comics

I get that. Just...there's no real "gives him back," cuz in this new timeline, he never got em from Stryker in the first place. Who knows...maybe they'll retcon Mystique taking Wolverine, and he'll start the next movie with metal claws. You can just kinda feel how awkward this half-reboot could get.

Someone brought up the merchandising thing earlier.. Apparently Marvel/Disney controls the production of the toys, movie tie-ins and their relationship isn't really good with Fox right now.

A theory from the guy who created X-Force and Deadpool says it's because GoTG is coming and Marvel doesn't want any interference with their product.

Marvel exchanged their share of box office returns for more merchandising rights with ASM so that explains why you see so much of that stuff around.. They're literally billions of dollars in toys so it's been weird not seeing any X-men stuff

Apocalypse gives him back the adamantium after magneto takes it away in the comics

I get that. Just...there's no real "gives him back," cuz in this new timeline, he never got em from Stryker in the first place. Who knows...maybe they'll retcon Mystique taking Wolverine, and he'll start the next movie with metal claws. You can just kinda feel how awkward this half-reboot could get.
Maybe Mystique is gonna be Stryker working under Apocalypse, and the weapon x program will be used to make horsemen and soldiers for Apocalypse

I wonder if they'll go with wolverine becoming death and Apocalypse giving him the adamantium.
Ugh, I was barely able to give DoFP a pass for Kitty's "phasing" through time, but if they replace Angel/Archangel for Logan I think I'd be livid.
You do know Wolverine actually does become a horseman of Apocalypse in the comics right?

Also Angel becoming Archangel is just one story among many. He's most likely not going to be in the next movie at all. Prepare your jimmies for rustling. Angel is lame anyway.
Dunno how people are thinking Wolverine gonna be one of the horsemen especially if the Apocalypse movie takes place in the 80's.  IF that last scene in DoFP didn't happen with him being a teacher at the school for the gifted, then yeah i can see that, but that scene just makes it seem like they limited their options with an 80's Apocalypse movie.
That last scene has nothing to do with the next movie. That was just the new timeline in the future.
^Yeah, I mean. It's adamantium grafted to his bones. What are the odds that someone/thing else that's never met him, is just gonna come through and say...hey...you know what you're missing? Some really rare metal all over your body...in a way that's never happened before in this timeline, right? Lemme hook you up. Oogabooga. Just had it lying around. Magic? That's just so random and specific that Iono how they make that not corny. :lol:
Apocalypse is a super genius with all types of alien technology.

The only farfetched thing is why of all mutants would he choose Logan. After they clear that up it's all gravy.
^Yeah, I mean. It's adamantium grafted to his bones. What are the odds that someone/thing else that's never met him, is just gonna come through and say...hey...you know what you're missing? Some really rare metal all over your body...in a way that's never happened before in this timeline, right? Lemme hook you up. Oogabooga. Just had it lying around. Magic? That's just so random and specific that Iono how they make that not corny. :lol:
Plus this.
THIS MONEY IS NOT TRACKED.

YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

THE MONEY CAN BE TRACKED AND SERIAL NUMBERS RECORDED BEST BELIEVE

http://www.policeone.com/police-pro...-the-money-JetScan-iFX-i100-Currency-Scanner/

That device records serial numbers as it is counted. You know dang well most business moving 125k record those numbers

Better you you better spend it like its recorded. you would be caught quick
There's a considerable gap in time before that money gets back to being tracked and when you spend it though.

Last edited:
I get that he could get me from Apocalypse if it was something he was looking for, cut he had it before. But it's such a specific random thing. It'd be like if they made a prequel to Face/Off where Travolta got kidnapped and had his face swapped by someone else.

If it happened after the first time, it'd at least feel less random.

Finally saw this movie, one thing I didn't understand....

In the original timeline, what took the sentinels so long to be a threat to the X-Men? Didn't make sense to me. If they were starting the program in the 70's, it took 40 years for them to be a serious threat?

I get that he could get me from Apocalypse if it was something he was looking for, cut he had it before. But it's such a specific random thing. It'd be like if they made a prequel to Face/Off where Travolta got kidnapped and had his face swapped by someone else.

If it happened after the first time, it'd at least feel less random.
Apocalypse is in to putting metal on/in things. He did it to himself. He did it to Angel; ripped off his wings and gave him metal ones. It is randomly specific and I can see what you mean since it hasn't happened yet in this new timeline but it aint farfetched he'd put metal in Wolverine.

Last edited:
Just saw the movie yesterday. It was good but I expected more since a lot of people told me it was awesome.

Really curious to see what will come out with that Apocalypse end of credits scene :nerd:

Finally saw this movie, one thing I didn't understand....

In the original timeline, what took the sentinels so long to be a threat to the X-Men? Didn't make sense to me. If they were starting the program in the 70's, it took 40 years for them to be a serious threat?

What I took from it was -

Imagine they needed 100 years to properly develop the technology that could wipe out mutants. Considering the god level mutants that are out there, creating tech that's strong enough to destroy all of them is pretty nuts b. Mystique speeded the timeline up but still didn't make it immediate. Her DNA was crucial bc it sped the time up by decades but it would still take a long time to create something that could effectively kill magneto, storm, Xavier, etc.

:rofl:

This film getting a directors cut. It boters me that an already good film gets a directors cut, but my beloved ASM2 isn't
mean.gif

^ For ***** sake man :lol: What makes you think the theatrical release of ASM2 wasn't already the directors cut? It was freaking 2 and a half hours long, if anything **** should have been trimmed out of the movie.

^ For ***** sake man :lol: What makes you think the theatrical release of ASM2 wasn't already the directors cut? It was freaking 2 and a half hours long, if anything **** should have been trimmed out of the movie.

Because a lot of scenes were cut out that would've made the movie better. A lot was cut.

Director's cut? Sweet. There were a lot of scenes in the trailers that didn't make it to the the theatrical cut. I even saw a still where Magneto was controlling a blade up to Blink's neck.

Also hoping for more of the dystopian intro.

Director's cut? Sweet. There were a lot of scenes in the trailers that didn't make it to the the theatrical cut. I even saw a still where Magneto was controlling a blade up to Blink's neck.

this had me :smh: . how do you have trailers with scenes that are not in the theatrical release :stoneface: . the directors cut will probably be the only version that exists to me. i will pretend the theatrical release doesnt exist and the directors cut will be what was intended to be seen IDC IDC IDC.

this had me :smh: . how do you have trailers with scenes that are not in the theatrical release :stoneface: . the directors cut will probably be the only version that exists to me. i will pretend the theatrical release doesnt exist and the directors cut will be what was intended to be seen IDC IDC IDC.
ASM2 did the same thing.

I don't get it either.

Back
Top Bottom