DC Comics Character to Come Out As Gay

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Yet when Kon-El died he tried to clone him and bring him back from the dead so...
What he said^Why when Stephanie died sure he got mad and sad but did nothing. But as soon as Superboy died and he went bats$%t crazy and tried to clone him and bring him back?
As much as yall want to focus on this it's not evidence he's gay. This is what I'm talking about when ppl claim there are huge hints he's gay. Yall just see it that way and some others don't.

I will say it is lame that fans feel a character's sexuality needs to be up in the air for decades or keep harping on it or that it needs to be some mystery even whenhe's been in plenty heterosexual relationships. At that point you're pretty much defining a character as homosexual and not much else. Plus appeasing the endless fanatics that want it to be that way. It's easier to just make it apart of their character. DC and Marvel have done it with other characters where it gets mentioned in passing, they should just keep it that way. No need to say hey we're going to reintroduce the Question as a homosexual.

Tim Drake cloning Superboy is okay superboy wasnt even a real person dude was a clone of superman.
I find this ignorant and poor taste.Five bucks they make a black superhero gay or something .Like whats the point of making an established superhero gay that does nothing for anybody .Its a wack thing to do like how does that help that character.The problem with comic books now is poor stories stupid event comics and just general oversaturation of big name characters.This is dumb and in poor taste if the LGBT community latches onto this that just shows how weak they really are and how easy they are to handle.I remember last year some LGBT cats where trying to call Malcolm X a gay Icon because of a book .This is on that level stupidity and corniness.

I dont think making a character gay is a problem...but announcing it, like a spectacle is just wack. It doesnt even benefit the gay community if you portray it as a big deal like that

Pretty much for the same reason comics reintroduced certain characters as black. I don't think there were so many 'smh's and sighs on this site with those announcements.

Well regardless IMO I believe that its gonna be Tim Drake But i personally want Vibe who knows maybe he could have a fling with the pied piper.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Tim Drake cloning Superboy is okay superboy wasnt even a real person dude was a clone of superman.
I find this ignorant and poor taste.Five bucks they make a black superhero gay or something .Like whats the point of making an established superhero gay that does nothing for anybody .Its a wack thing to do like how does that help that character.The problem with comic books now is poor stories stupid event comics and just general oversaturation of big name characters.This is dumb and in poor taste if the LGBT community latches onto this that just shows how weak they really are and how easy they are to handle.I remember last year some LGBT cats where trying to call Malcolm X a gay Icon because of a book .This is on that level stupidity and corniness.
You are like the sillyputty of NT's black community. You always find a way to make every thread about black people.

Originally Posted by solarius49

I dont think making a character gay is a problem...but announcing it, like a spectacle is just wack. It doesnt even benefit the gay community if you portray it as a big deal like that

I agree 100%

my guess is batman and superman

afk0hs.jpg

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Pretty much for the same reason comics reintroduced certain characters as black. I don't think there were so many 'smh's and sighs on this site with those announcements.
That's the thing though. Comics never reintroduce a character as black. They just have the og superhero die and a black person replace them in a different universe. The main DC and MU universes are still all mainly white characters with the rolling time lines and temporary replacements if the main hero dies. Only legit exception was Stewart as a GL. Announcing Spider-Man was gonna be black and hispanic didn't matter much cuz it's the ultimate universe.

There aint a whole lot of active popular black superheroes nowadays (or the past few years) anyway, so announcing that would at least show some  progression there as compared to the amount of gay characters that have already existed and established that weren't announced before they were introduced or reintroduced.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

You are like the sillyputty of NT's black community. You always find a way to make every thread about black people.
I can careless i wasnt making it a black issue at all I just said a random tidbit .How about you pm and discuss whatever problems you got with me and what I say .I just compared it to how the lgbt community was quick to latch on Malcolm X because of a rumor that their was a book saying he was gay in it.Its the exact same situation damb near .I dont see how this helps them or helps people tolerate gays just because they see a comicbook character .Why would you mess with an established characters sexuality and what is probably apart of their characters storyline for no reason are they gonna retcon a bunch of stuff about this characters prior relationships solely because they are gay.Their are plenty of iconic story arcs in most superheroes histories that revolves around them and their love interest.Why tamper with work like that .Aquaman a character thats defining moment was cutting off his own hand to save his wife and kids thats a definitive part of that character. Batman who has had several stories revolving around the many women in his life his heterosexuality is character trait.GL same there.Its a definitive trait of these characters .To destroy that its just disrespectful to alot of these characters histories ,the fans , the writers and artist that came before who helped make these characters iconic.Like it serves no purpose .How about they create a gay superhero whose defining trait is not being gay but being a great superhero with great storytelling.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Huh? I know of a whoooooole lot more black active characters then gay ones?
I did say popular active black superheroes. Of course I can go to the list of black superheroes and there'd be more than LBGT ones. Since the whole issue of reintroducing a character as black was brought up I simply mentioned there not being a whole lot of progression there. How many black superheroes have their own titles right now? How many are active right now in the comics you're reading?

I'd struggle to reach 10 with the first question and that's if I counted Luke Cage as having his own titles with New Avengers and Thunderbolts since he's the leader of both.

Northstar (Jean-Paul Beaubier) is a fictional character, a superhero who appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. He is the twin brother of Aurora. Through his mutation, Northstar gains superhuman powers, which he uses for the betterment of society. Although originally a member of Alpha Flight, a fictional team of Canadian superhumans, Northstar is later portrayed as a member of the X-Men. He is one of the first openly gay superheroes in American comic books. He is scheduled to be the first to enter into a gay marriage, in Astonishing X-Men #51, due out June 27, 2012.[1]

I'd hate to say this, but this reeks of a publicity stunt.  As Falcon and others have already said, gay heroes have been done before many times.  Perhaps most notably and fairly recently, a great book in The Authority featured two highly-powerful male superheroes as gay partners.  DC is just trying too hard with this.

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

I'd hate to say this, but this reeks of a publicity stunt.  As Falcon and others have already said, gay heroes have been done before many times.  Perhaps most notably and fairly recently, a great book in The Authority featured two highly-powerful male superheroes as gay partners.  DC is just trying too hard with this.

This.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

It's Batman supposedly. Read this weeks ago on Ain't it cool and Comic Alliance.
laugh.gif
  Maybe in the movie reboot he could date a bunch of guys.
That Batman and Superman pic is so wrong.  

Back
Top Bottom