DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Robert Meyer Burnett dropping facts about JL at the mark. . .

man he is spitting that REAL

I'm really worried now cuz they did enough in this movie to set up a decent future but damn if all this negativity isn't gonna ruin WB's plans, we all know how sensitive they are to criticism. They might do something outlandish and end up losing half the cast. I NEED Deathstroke in a movie ASAP

Flashpoint, has that confirmed? Its not in limbo due to the first weekend numbers? If so my mistake cause I had no idea. I have zero confidence right now in Warner Brothers

Flashpoint isn't gonna be the story for Justice League 2. Flaspoint is gonna be the story told for Flash's solo movie.

However, my theory is that DC doesn't want to wait until 2020 to do Flashpoint, and Flaspoint will replace whatvever story they previously had for Justice League 2.

Oh no you misunderstand, when I say for a while I'm saying we wont see another Justice Leauge or team-up of any sort for 10 to 15 years atleast. They need to strengthen their brand and if they lack confidence in group films then they will ignore them for the foreseeable future
No way DC waiting that long before another team up. 10-15 years is a lifetime

Oh man. I forgot about the Joss Whedon Batgirl flick. I hope DC don't get cold feet and cancel that :lol:

Can't even imagine how obnoxious a Whedon Batgirl movie would be. Probably 2 hours of "It's Batman, but a girl" and more "brunch" and "hide the zucchini" jokes. I wish the movies were like the comics and the best creators worked for both of the big 2. I'd love to see Jon Favreau or the Russo's do a DC flick.

Justice League coming out 2019 bruh

2018 is Aquaman. 2019 is Wonder Woman 2 and Shazam. Nothing else has a date. There's no Justice League 2 on the updated slate.

So we really blaming Snyder for this?
Man of Steel was great
BVS ( Ultimate cut ) was great
JL , everything i found wrong can be attributed to Whedon's reshoots

Cutting out most of Aquamans story in Atlantis that led directly to his situation in the Aquaman solo, cutting out W. Dafoe as Vulko
Cutting out Flash saving Iris ( which i am now hearing even if they finish that scene for the blu ray it will be with a random girl, because they may want to recast Iris altogether smh)
Cutting out the majority of the Cyborg origin that Snyder shot for this film (which sucks because he's not promised a solo film and this film with the mother boxes being related to his beginnings was the best vehicle for that).
COMPLETELY botching Batman (after BvS , Batfleck was my favorite Bruce Wayne /Batman on screen, this movie knocked him down all the way in my book and i can't blame Ben for wanting to leave now)

Cutting out , slicing up the history lesson that Snyder shot ( most beautifully shot part of the film, and contained more Old Gods and Amazonian and Atlantean footage, possibly more Lantern footage).

Id say Snyder had taken the criticisms of the theatrical version of BvS to heart and was about to bring it all together with this film.
Eff Whedon...
Delusional :lol:
Robert Meyer Burnett dropping facts about JL at the mark. . .

Son lost me when he said look at Loki :lol:

SteppenL was never gonna be anywhere close. Loki has decades of character development as a villain to adapt let alone as a sometimes hero.

Yeah only connection they really had at first was a random post credit scene they really could just abandon if things didn't work out.
Wasnt their a map of Wakanda in Iron Man 1, and Tony's father was in Captain America. Marvel gave subtle hints throughout most of their films to let the audience know that these characters exist in the same world. I'm not sure why that's so difficult, they did a great job with the Wayne enterprise satellite MoS. That was enough to let us know Batman existed, not sure why they were in such a hurry to have him dressed for the Superman sequel. (I mean thats what I thought it was going to be at first anyway)

U know
I don’t think the issue is wb doesn’t know what they’re doin
I think the issue is that they’re trying to be and do too much what marvel is doing
If they would stop being reactionary and trying to maneuver and do what marvel is doing
And just do them and what they wanna do
I think the films would be better off
Ww was great imo
Mos i enjoyed
They just need to see what they did right and stick to that
The fighting and destruction they have nailed down i think

Delusional :lol:

Son lost me when he said look at Loki :lol:

SteppenL was never gonna be anywhere close. Loki has decades of character development as a villain to adapt let alone as a sometimes hero.
I think Loki shtick is getting played out imo
He lies and cheats
Has a honest or sincere I’m sorry moment
Then lies and cheats againrinse and repeat
And then throw in a Thor u were better than me when we were kids
Or father loved u more speech
Loki is as trash as the Thor films imo

So we really blaming Snyder for this?
Man of Steel was great
BVS ( Ultimate cut ) was great
JL , everything i found wrong can be attributed to Whedon's reshoots

Cutting out most of Aquamans story in Atlantis that led directly to his situation in the Aquaman solo, cutting out W. Dafoe as Vulko
Cutting out Flash saving Iris ( which i am now hearing even if they finish that scene for the blu ray it will be with a random girl, because they may want to recast Iris altogether smh)
Cutting out the majority of the Cyborg origin that Snyder shot for this film (which sucks because he's not promised a solo film and this film with the mother boxes being related to his beginnings was the best vehicle for that).
COMPLETELY botching Batman (after BvS , Batfleck was my favorite Bruce Wayne /Batman on screen, this movie knocked him down all the way in my book and i can't blame Ben for wanting to leave now)

Cutting out , slicing up the history lesson that Snyder shot ( most beautifully shot part of the film, and contained more Old Gods and Amazonian and Atlantean footage, possibly more Lantern footage).

Id say Snyder had taken the criticisms of the theatrical version of BvS to heart and was about to bring it all together with this film.
Eff Whedon...
  1. Man of Steel was decent, Snyder made some creative decisions with the character that pissed people off. You may have loved it, thats awesome but the public was divided.
  2. BVS (ANY CUT) was horrible, from the plot to parts of the cast (Lex). No defending it
  3. Haven't seen JL yet but critics and are saying Whedon may have saved this movie
I'm not sure what Snyder did to make you believe he was going to turn it around. If I remember correctly he and his wife didn't even understand the criticism for BvS in the first place

Can't even imagine how obnoxious a Whedon Batgirl movie would be. Probably 2 hours of "It's Batman, but a girl" and more "brunch" and "hide the zucchini" jokes. I wish the movies were like the comics and the best creators worked for both of the big 2. I'd love to see Jon Favreau or the Russo's do a DC flick.

2018 is Aquaman. 2019 is Wonder Woman 2 and Shazam. Nothing else has a date. There's no Justice League 2 on the updated slate.

Ah. Got it. Still think it's coming out within the next 3 years and will feature Flashpoint.

U know
I don’t think the issue is wb doesn’t know what they’re doin
I think the issue is that they’re trying to be and do too much what marvel is doing
If they would stop being reactionary and trying to maneuver and do what marvel is doing
And just do them and what they wanna do
I think the films would be better off
Ww was great imo
Mos i enjoyed
They just need to see what they did right and stick to that
The fighting and destruction they have nailed down i think
I thought they tried to do what they wanted do with BvS and it bit them in the ***. Same with Suicide Squad, thats why in the middle of filming it they decided to make it more funny (copying GOTG). They did the same thing with JL by lighting the mood cause of fan complaints and they still shoot themselves in the foot

on the bright side, RT scores up to 40% :nthat::pimp::smokin
:rofl:
I think Loki shtick is getting played out imo
He lies and cheats
Has a honest or sincere I’m sorry moment
Then lies and cheats againrinse and repeat
And then throw in a Thor u were better than me when we were kids
Or father loved u more speech
Loki is as trash as the Thor films imo
He's a trickster God.

Comics has this thing where they stick to the status quo and repeat cycles in nuanced ways.

Movies haven't really got the full grasp on Loki yet.

Ragnarok > your opinion

Last edited:
:rofl:

He's a trickster God.

Comics has this thing where they stick to the status quo and rrlrat cycles in nuanced ways.

Movies haven't really got the full grasp on Loki yet.

Ragnarok > your opinion
Don’t get mad at me cause Thor 3 was trash
Thor 1 > Thor 2 and that was trash > Thor 3 still trash just funnier

And we got the full scope on Loki
He’s a rash character who had potential and folks liked him
So they shoehorned him in wherever they could
But now it’s getting to be annoying

Don’t get mad at me
Not mad at you. Your opinion is trash :lol:

And we got the full scope on Loki
No we haven't. Movie hasn't even touched on how evil and clever Loki can be. Ragnarok basically had him face turn.

Don't think you really get it if you think we got the full scope on Loki. Made him a tame jealous villain in Thor and then a slightly more impressive than it lackey in Avengers. Nothing like the comics.

Last edited:
Just got out of JL. Man that was aight. Review later.

Sidenote swear to god i thought i was somehow in here with naughty hare

I heard a dude go "It was better than Ragnarok, that was straight trash!"

you buggin, Thor 3 is probably one of da very instances where da third in da trilogy actually is da superior one.
Posted my review of it in the marvel thread
Only thing i can remember about the movie
Is how milfy cate blanchett was lookin

Back
Top Bottom