DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Matt Reeves On THE BATMAN's Title, His "Noir" Story, Possible Release Date, And Casting A "Rogues Gallery"

The filmmaker talked in-depth about what he hopes to bring to the table and he confirmed reports that his Batman will not only exist in a noir setting, but finally display his attributes as the world's greatest detective.

"It's very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It's told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it's going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It's more Batman in his detective mode than we've seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He's supposed to be the world's greatest detective, and that's not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I'd love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it's going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation."

Asked about the title, Reeves added: "Right now it’s called The Batman. What it will be called ultimately, I don’t know." In other words, that long-rumoured name for the movie probably isn't going to stick! As for the casting process, he said that "There will be a Rogues Gallery. The casting process will begin shortly. We're starting to put together our battle plan. I'm doing another pass on the script and we'll begin some long-lead stuff to start developing conceptual things. "

This confirms another rumour about Batman squaring off with a number of villains in the movie and that's very exciting indeed, especially if it means we get to see the likes of Two-Face, The Penguin, and maybe even The Joker all share the screen at the same time.

When it comes to the release date, though, nothing has been set in stone. "We haven't been dated. I wouldn't commit to this, but we're thinking the movie would probably be for 2021, late spring or summer. Warner Bros. has been incredibly supportive and given me a lot of time and shared the same passion that I do for this story."

Finally, Reeves appeared to confirm that standalone nature of the movie when he noted that, "Warners believes they don't have to try to develop a giant slate that has to have all the plans for how it's going to connect. What they need to try and do is make good movies with these characters."

it really hard to tell at this point but most likely since DC is now more open/focused on standalone films instead of the bigger universe

I just wanted to see a Live Action Deathtroke. I guess the chances of that happening are slim to none now, huh?

Reeves avoided the biggest question which in itself is the answer. “I’ll be a monkey for Matt Reeves” headass :rofl:

DC Super Pets - May 21, 2021
The Batman - June 25, 2021
The Suicide Squad - August 6, 2021

Snyder ruined everything. Ben would’ve gotten to write and direct as well as star in the next Batman solo but when the higher ups lost confidence in Hack and booted him off JL they def weren’t gonna back up Affleck’s script. The most they’d do is star him in the film continuity wise but by then his ego was shot. Good riddance. His Batman is overrated and overweight anyway

It will never be 'FIXED'....They're just moving on....plain and simple

The train isn't stopping.

lol

just watched chinatown the other night......one of uncle jacks best...

its a crime thriller that revolves around uncle jack as a private investigator.....which leads me to believe this flick will prolly focus largely on bruce's moniker as "the world's greatest detective"

which is actually an aspect of wayne I have always really wanted to see explored on screen.....TAS did a great job of portraying this, the show was essentially a weekly crime "whodunit"

sounds coo.....

Then...

Suicide Squad trailer looked great. It definitely had a Guardians of the Galaxy vibe to it.

I finished watching the film about an hour ago. It wasn't awful, but it's not a film that I'm gonna go out of my way to watch it again.

Will Smith and Margot Robbie were the highlights and Jared Leto was basically a few cameos here and there. SS was clearly trying to go for the Guardians of the Galaxy vibe and it fell kinda short.

6/10.
Now give me my check Marvel!
laugh.gif

Suicide Squad was a poor attempt of being a Guardians of the Galaxy-knockoff, so you might as well get the guy who wrote and directed Guardians of the Galaxy for the sequel. :lol:

Now...

Back
Top Bottom