DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

James Gunn Reveals 'The Suicide Squad' Inspiration

the-suicide-squad-1166309.jpeg

saw shazam last night. it gave me ant man vibes and gawd knows i love that movie. so basically i loved shazam. also who told meagan goode her fine *** can get a role in a super hero movie

Yup, antman is exactly what I thought of

But good lord that's next level bullying to hit the cripple kid with your car

Kids in the 80s were torturing their classmates in wheel chairs? I aint never seen no **** like that
I wouldn’t say torturing, but I’ve seen verbal abuse to disabled kids.

As I got older I would see less and less of it, but some kids mature slower than others so it would never completely go away.

why are yall honing in so much on the accuracy of bullying in the film?

so many more movies has worse bullying like in IT, dude was going to literally cut up Ben to pieces

in forest gump, the bullies were throwing giant rocks and wanted to run him over with a truck iirc while he was crippled

Nerd movies of the past have all these jocks that are just cruel and unprovoked but a lot of those pranks could/would kill them in the wrong misteps

with all the sh*tty things going on in the world, is it really far fetch?

bullying these days just turned from physical to social but i am sure parts of the US still has kids beating up other kids just because

we may not have experienced it where we grew up but times have also changed, in my middle school/high school gang violence was more of a concern so bullying isn't the biggest issue

all the school shootings has prompted zero tolerance so it doesn't happen as much

and id have to rewatch the scene but its not like they ran him over with the truck, dude got tapped and its a movie trope that you hit them but they blame you for it but yall really gon' just focus on that and try your best not to understand that its a movie and why it was done so yall can find something wrong with it?

:lol:

i enjoyed the movie.. liked it more than antman, although it didnt have the homie luis in it (which makes it better than aquabro and WW)

but i remember watching something beforehand and the person specifically referenced that, well the bullying of the crippled kid.. but yea, just seemed a bit much to hit the crippled kid with A TRUCK

Last edited:
you make it sound a lot worse, they didn't run him over and dragged him for a few blocks :lol:

again I have to watch it again but to my recollection they just wanted to tap him and they blamed him for the scratch

dudes kicking the kid while he was down looked worse to me especially with no one helping since the two dude didn't even look like a big threat but they did seem like the rich douche of the school

just weird to hone in on that one detail just so you have something to complain about, that's like the third time you posted and emphasized on it in this page alone

you make it sound a lot worse, they didn't run him over and dragged him for a few blocks :lol:

again I have to watch it again but to my recollection they just wanted to tap him and they blamed him for the scratch

dudes kicking the kid while he was down looked worse to me especially with no one helping since the two dude didn't even look like a big threat but they did seem like the rich douche of the school

just weird to hone in on that one detail just so you have something to complain about, that's like the third time you posted and emphasized on it in this page alone

i mean the movie went hard at points for a supposed kid/family movie (like the stuff with billy's real mom).. and i didnt think it was THAT bad in the moment considering you got kids committing suicide from online bullying and mean girls stuff

but still.. who the hell hittin kids with cars, let alone the crippled kid

but still.. who the hell hittin kids with cars, let alone the crippled kid

of course it wasn't gon be the last time you mention it... of course

:lol:

we really got to show you history/news/statistics of bullies running over disabled kids for you to enjoy the film?

not gon' search but i googled something about bullies and hell teachers bully a special needs girl and forced her to walk on a threadmill for getting an answer wrong: https://www.today.com/parents/teachers-caught-tape-bullying-special-needs-girl-2D80555826

that's a full grown adult, a damn teacher bullying a special needs kid... but let me guess... its not a kid hitting another kid with a truck so its not valid?

there are a lot of dumb kids and parents out there too and it fascinates me that in a world where much worse things happen that this is the one thing you can't believe

I legit had no idea Megan Good was in Shazam. When she came through with that bolt of lightning I was like: “ooohhh ssshhhiittt I ain’t seen your fine *** in a minute” :lol:
and the crazy thing is she still look damn good. its not like she Stacy Dash where you can see the age in her face.

Irl if someone gets hit with a car with that many witnesses the driver going to jail

the crippled kid...

foster family going be living the life after they sue that kid's family and the school and whoever else they can get in there

Damn I forgot all about Forrest Gump, bullied his *** out of being crippled, aint never seen no **** like that since

Back
Top Bottom