DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Agreed
That Dark Knight Returns homage, to a degree, was a nice touch in my opinion. I mean you knew it was coming with De Niro's character but still, it worked... Him standing on the cop car with the blood smearing smile was unsettling and on brand with the character. No one clapped or gave approval at my screening during that scene.

I’m glad the didn’t! That was legitimately disturbing at my viewing...Watching again tomorrow though...

Also great quote from Joaquin in the LA Times...

“ This movie requires a certain amount of participation from the audience,” Phoenix told The Times recently. “It’s up to you how you want to interpret it and experience it. It’s less you being kind of presented with the facts than you being presented with these possibilities.”

LA Times write up kind of nailed it for me actually...

Movie was just a dose. I need more. The way he entered the stage. Full Joker mode from that point on. Loved it.

IMO

pheonix joker isn’t better than ledger
ledger still on top for me

pheonix is second for me

i wish it was joker who killed thomas and Martha, and since in the comics NOONE knows where joker actually came from. It would be crazy knowing all this time that joker and Batman are related, same dad different moms. one causes anarchy the other calms it and brings order. Mind = blown

i wish it was joker who killed thomas and Martha, and since in the comics NOONE knows where joker actually came from. It would be crazy knowing all this time that joker and Batman are related, same dad different moms. one causes anarchy the other calms it and brings order. Mind = blown

They did that in Batman (1989). Napier was revealed to be the one who killed Thomas and Martha Wayne in the flashback.

got out of my showing a few hrs ago. had some time to process.

joker was really really good. not great. phoenixs performance was great.

at the core, i liked the mental health root and how society plays a role. a lot of people had a hand but his mom, the only person that loved him unconditionally was not all as seem.

loved the kid bruce, dark knight returns and alley connections.

i needed a little more joker time.

joaquin nailed it. i liked how they incorporated his laugh with the tick. his weight loss exemplified his appearance as someone who has been beaten by life. his mannerism and his awkward run were great additions to the character.

i need a sequel with full blown joker.

7/8

is there any possibility that a sequel can happen? like are there loop holes where if DC changes their mind and want a sequel and throw the bag at jp, they can make it happen or is the ending definite and cant be altered?
Its Phoenix that doesnt do sequels. Its Phillips that wanted this to be a one off not connected to a cinematic universe.

Could do a sequel with another actor though.

Last edited:
A kill the rich clown movement. Get the ***** outta here with this :rofl:
Made cents to me.

on the ride home, me and the wife ended up talking about mental health, health care, economic balance, democracy, child abuse, DC Comics in general. Like bruh, this movie sparked so many emotions that trigger so many real life scenarios.

****in well done by Todd Philips and Joaquin Phoenix.

Ledger still the GOAT tho.

Last edited:
this part was just insane and probably the scariest part to me and i am still not sure if the mom and daughter are alive
I saw it again last night and I'm pretty sure.. Joker killed them.. After he left her apartment he went to his apartment and did his hysterical joker laugh.. You can hear the sirens going off and see red lights flashing.. The next scene he killed his mother..

"I hope my death makes more cents, than my life"

Maybe not really a spoiler but still :nthat:

Made cents to me.

on the ride home, me and the wife ended up talking about mental health, health care, economic balance, democracy, child abuse, DC Comics in general. Like bruh, this movie sparked so many emotions that trigger so many real life scenarios.

****in well done by Todd Philips and Joaquin Phoenix.

Ledger still the GOAT tho.
"I hope my death makes more cents, than my life"

Maybe not really a spoiler but still :nthat:

Am I missing out on this NT joke?
‘cents’? :lol:

I think we're due for an uprising to overthrow the rich tbh
Or the corrupt. The white house should’ve been raided already and the guy in office and his minions all publicly executed before this impeachment talk.

Back
Top Bottom