DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Dano casting news has me officially boarding the hype train for a DC movie in awhile, like since BvS

Dude was great in Prisoners and got subbed hard for an oscar nomination for "There Will Be Blood."
He gave so much to that role that it enhanced DDL's performance for me.

This movie def has the talent to do something special that's for sure

Finally got around to watching The Joker and I wasn't impressed. Movie is all hype. The acting was cool but they made Joker into a whiny *****. I get that it's supposed to be his origin but they had him looking like a lil ***. The movie was absent of any story. Just a bunch of bad stuff happening to some loser who decides that he should start killing people to get back at the world. I'm not a fan of the Joker as a sympathetic protagonist. The Jokers is a criminal mastermind and is funny.. hilariously funny. I only laughed when he dropped the gun in front of all those kids. I don't know why I was the only one in the theater laughing at that part but that was funny. #Notmyjoker

"THR previously reported that the 47-year-old star, who played the grinning crime lord in 2016's Suicide Squad, thought Warners had strung him along with promises of his own Joker stand-alone film, only to greenlight the Phillips' version with Joaquin Phoenix instead. Ironically, Warners thought the Phillips project would be a small movie and, nervous about its dark tone, greenlighted it reluctantly with a small budget that some at the studio were hoping would discourage Phillips from making it."

WB is so trash :lol: :smh:

UPDATE

They should really have a main person running things to at keast announce the DCEU is dead and won't be rebooted anytime soon.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind an updated version of Eartha Kitt’s CatWoman costume, gives a nod to her thief background.
31B56BF6-BCBA-4FC3-A5FE-F177F7E921BA.jpeg

We haven’t seen one picture or still and you already saying Batman film is going to be trash. Dc thread in a nutshell.

Finally got around to watching The Joker and I wasn't impressed. Movie is all hype. The acting was cool but they made Joker into a whiny *****. I get that it's supposed to be his origin but they had him looking like a lil ***. The movie was absent of any story. Just a bunch of bad stuff happening to some loser who decides that he should start killing people to get back at the world. I'm not a fan of the Joker as a sympathetic protagonist. The Jokers is a criminal mastermind and is funny.. hilariously funny. I only laughed when he dropped the gun in front of all those kids. I don't know why I was the only one in the theater laughing at that part but that was funny. #Notmyjoker

One theory I like is that this was the origin of the Joker, but Joaquin Phoenix's character may not have been the Joker. The Joker who we know may have been inspired by the Joaquin Joker's ideals and taken that identity for himself. Definitely felt like Joaquin's Joker wasn't a "mastermind", and in an interview Todd Phillips neither confirmed or denied that theory.

One theory I like is that this was the origin of the Joker, but Joaquin Phoenix's character may not have been the Joker. The Joker who we know may have been inspired by the Joaquin Joker's ideals and taken that identity for himself. Definitely felt like Joaquin's Joker wasn't a "mastermind", and in an interview Todd Phillips neither confirmed or denied that theory.

Which if that's that case then I would hate this movie even more. Because what would be the point of the movie then?

Back
Top Bottom