DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Caught Joker Last night.

It was ok, I didn't LOVE it like i wanted too and I wish it wasn't called Joker and was just a film about a regular guy. I was hoping one thing wouldn't be done in this film and it was the end :lol:

Movie should win best Cinematography by a mile, maybe throw in OUTIH for competition and I'm sure Star Wars will be in the mix of that, but man movie was gorgeous to look at. Some shots were too self indulgent to me.

I was honestly underwhelmed by Joaquin's performance. He is AMAZING in this because he's talented regardless the film
but in terms of :wow::wow::wow:
that movie for him in particular will always be "You were never really there." don't disagree until you've seen that film, I'm almost certain he got Joker based on his performance in that. He should nominated, can't say win just yet, awards season films are just around the corner, but this definitely deserves recognition. I absolutely LOVED the mental illness aspect.
It's always great to sit with a performer who is intense like Phoenix is, he just demands attention, wish there was more of a supporting presence from another strong actor though.

Solid film not sure I'd watch again though

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I lot of people are comparing it to TDK but in my opinion the movies are drastically polar opposites. Jokers realistic drama/ thriller was all about character development. It was very visceral and put a lot of emphasis on the development of Arthur Fleck becoming Joker. Joker is so well written and shot i was captivated from beginning to end. Its a movie that will definitely be talked about in my circle for a while. Was he really jumped by those kids? Did he really get punched by Tom Wayne? Was he having psychotic hallucinations similar to those of meeting that fine sista in his apartment complex? i'm not sure; honestly you could question a lot of events if they were real or in his head.

The subtleness of him going to watch stand up and laughing at the build up rather than the punchline was amazing. The slow dissolve of his normalcy was beautifully caught from beginning to end.

TDK like any other superhero movie (Best imo) Lacks the in depth character background and requires a lot more of the story to be told just due to the fact that far more characters are introduced. Idk maybe im biased in that im exhausted of the typical superhero saving the day regardless of what happens. It was a nice change.

"THR previously reported that the 47-year-old star, who played the grinning crime lord in 2016's Suicide Squad, thought Warners had strung him along with promises of his own Joker stand-alone film, only to greenlight the Phillips' version with Joaquin Phoenix instead. Ironically, Warners thought the Phillips project would be a small movie and, nervous about its dark tone, greenlighted it reluctantly with a small budget that some at the studio were hoping would discourage Phillips from making it."

WB is so trash :lol: :smh:

UPDATE

They should really have a main person running things to at keast announce the DCEU is dead and won't be rebooted anytime soon.
Warner bros is ALL OVER THE GODDAMN PLACE :smh:

The Stairs From 'Joker' Film Have Become a Tourist Attraction

It ain’t even remotely close to that bad lmao
my aunt lives around there, never heard one gunshot in all the past 3 years I’ve been going there at night

I was honestly underwhelmed by Joaquin's performance. He is AMAZING in this because he's talented regardless the film
but in terms of :wow::wow::wow:
that movie for him in particular will always be "You were never really there." don't disagree until you've seen that film, I'm almost certain he got Joker based on his performance in that. He should nominated, can't say win just yet, awards season films are just around the corner, but this definitely deserves recognition. I absolutely LOVED the mental illness aspect.
It's always great to sit with a performer who is intense like Phoenix is, he just demands attention, wish there was more of a supporting presence from another strong actor though.

Solid film not sure I'd watch again though
Can cosign. Have seen You Were Never Really There. Great performance there, movie was a bit much.

This Joker performance to me reminded me a bit of that movie but more of Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far On Foot and Inherent Vice when it comes to the character. The approach, the attitude, the mannerisms, etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I lot of people are comparing it to TDK but in my opinion the movies are drastically polar opposites. Jokers realistic drama/ thriller was all about character development. It was very visceral and put a lot of emphasis on the development of Arthur Fleck becoming Joker. Joker is so well written and shot i was captivated from beginning to end. Its a movie that will definitely be talked about in my circle for a while. Was he really jumped by those kids? Did he really get punched by Tom Wayne? Was he having psychotic hallucinations similar to those of meeting that fine sista in his apartment complex? i'm not sure; honestly you could question a lot of events if they were real or in his head.

The subtleness of him going to watch stand up and laughing at the build up rather than the punchline was amazing. The slow dissolve of his normalcy was beautifully caught from beginning to end.

TDK like any other superhero movie (Best imo) Lacks the in depth character background and requires a lot more of the story to be told just due to the fact that far more characters are introduced. Idk maybe im biased in that im exhausted of the typical superhero saving the day regardless of what happens. It was a nice change.

I’ve literally seen nobody compare this movie to Dark Knight.

Can cosign. Have seen You Were Never Really There. Great performance there, movie was a bit much.

This Joker performance to me reminded me a bit of that movie but more of Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far On Foot and Inherent Vice when it comes to the character. The approach, the attitude, the mannerisms, etc.

Yeah I saw You were never really there, thought it was great, and it was totally too much
That's kinda how I wanted this film to be though, to just grab me and drag me through every scene and then at the end have me going "WTF did I just watch?"

Joker didn't get me like that because I already knew how the film was gonna go from the jump, so nothing was even close to being off the wall to me.

I hate doing comparisons especially with 2 great actors in their own right but the thing with Heath is that I'm still scared of that Joker, a person like that is just terrifying to me(especially those self tape vid scenes)
I wasn't scared at all of this iteration, just not in the slightest, and I think the name drops and the ending actually took me out of that. If that's gone, the character is actually more believable to me. To me movie felt like it tried to exist in 2 worlds the CBM world and the real world, had it slid fully into either one of those themes and embraced it, movie could've been a classic.
I actually dig A TON of this film from a technical standpoint(Score, Cinematography, Direction, Lighting)
but the actual film just fell flat.

On point comparisons with the Inherent Vice and especially Don't worry he won't get far on foot
The latter is actually a film I watch in a rotation of recovery films, and I couldn't pin why I had heard the Arthur voice before until you reminded me just now.

Yeah it took me a while to pinpoint why I felt I saw some of Joaquin's performance before even though he hasnt exactly played that kind of character.

He's one of my favs and ive just naturally been watching all of his movies so it kinda got mixed together.

I would even say some awkwardness in Fleck in Joker was lifted right from his character in The Master.

This was a good *** movie. Very well done.

- I was wondering what the hell did ol girl from Atlanta see in him. :lol: Dude was crazy as cat **** imagining that.

- As a Batman nerd that scene with him and young Bruce Wayne was wild.

- Thomas Wayne clocked his *** :lol:. In the Batman films they always had Thomas Wayne as some wholesome dad. He was a lil gangster in this. His demeanor and everything.

- The ending was GREAT. Him being the voice and leader of the people that have been stepped on by society. All that was done real good.

RemoteAdolescentArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

Some Future DC Films Will Reportedly Be Released On Warner Bros.' New HBO Max Streaming Service

Next year is going to be very interesting for online streaming services as the likes of Netflix, HBO Max, and Disney+ go head to head in a bid to win over consumers. Now, it appears as if Warner Bros. will look to entice DC Comics fans by using the platform to release movies set in that universe.

There have already been rumblings that DC Universe will be integrated into it somehow but whereas Marvel Studios will use characters from their movies in a number of six-episode event shows on Disney+, Warner Bros. will release full-blown DC movies on the platform according to new information shared by Variety today.

"HBO Max is expected to lean heavily on Warner Bros. to supply it with exclusive content," they reveal. "The subscription service hopes the studio will provide it with eight to 10 movies, a number that could ramp up over time. Some of these productions could be tentpole-sized, with healthy budgets that could rival those of major feature films."

"Eventually productions will likely hail from the DC Universe,"
the trade adds, "WarnerMedia’s in-house comic book division, as it looks for compelling content."

Back
Top Bottom