DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Deadpool could've been a one billion dollar movie if it weren't for China lol

Looked up its overall numbers. Got damn.

I bet this weekends sales figures will be strong for BVS. There is absolutely no other competition at this point. I think for the most part word of mouth has been fairly positive.

the thread poll is kind of a blatant spoiler no?
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I bet this weekends sales figures will be strong for BVS. There is absolutely no other competition at this point. I think for the most part word of mouth has been fairly positive.

There ain't **** coming out until April 15th (The Jungle Book). Should have legs for at least 3 weeks.

Projection of 55% drop iirc, which isn't too bad I guess? That's about $75m weekend which would make it's domestic number ~$255m if the $15m Monday is included.

Yeah I overhear people at working talking about how much they loved it but that RT score tho...:smh: :lol:

This is a classic case of the majority of fans liking and the critics hating it

Yeah I overhear people at working talking about how much they loved it but that RT score tho...:smh: :lol:

So is this like the opposite of im3? Did the general audience like that movie? I remember I said I hated the movie and someone asked me if I was serious because he liked it a lot.

General audience liked it (it did make $1.2B), it was mostly comic book fans who really hated it for butchering his arch villain and wasting the potential of Extremis and pretty much making Tony Stark more MacGuyver than Iron Man. Not to mention the wasted army of IM armors.

There ain't **** coming out until April 15th (The Jungle Book). Should have legs for at least 3 weeks.

Agreed. Plenty of time to cross that billionaire territory

Projection of 55% drop iirc, which isn't too bad I guess? That's about $75m weekend which would make it's domestic number ~$255m if the $15m Monday is included.
True! But I think that percentage might be lower than 55% tho. I think their estimates are conservative at this point, but given the over performing numbers from this past weekend I'm guess that drop off business might be to the tune of 50% to 43%.

No doubt, that RT score did hurt ticket sales. It might have convinced people who were on the fence or who didn't like MOS to see it opening weekend. But I believe comic book fans in general supported this movie. I saw a Lotta marvel boys liking this movie. Which at the end of the is all that matters.

Had this movie got those good reviews from the critics it could have easily opened with $200M. You already know WB's are having closed door discussions about the missed opportunity they had and what they need to do to make JL better.

Even with bad critic reviews and a divided general audience review, this movie managed to have a successful 5 days. Imagine if it were a 90% RT score? 
sick.gif

Last edited:
I don't recall Nolan's Batman doing any Batman detective work.

He had Fox just give him tech, toys, and suits to get w/e he wanted. There was never any mystery in the 3 movies. He aint even realize ol girl was Talia Al Ghul in TDKR.

They made it seem like he was so rich and good at fighting that was all that needed to tackle the specific kind of crime in Gotham.

Bullet bit from Dark Knight. There are other off-screen things, like tracking the mob, lifting Selina's prints and searching her history, etc.

But no live action Batman is really portrayed as "The World's Greatest Detective".
That's what I want.

I admittedly forgot about the brick and bullet stuff.

^I actually really enjoy stuff like that. Things that only certain types of fans are going to catch. :D
I laughed at it. Didn't dislike it but it stuck out as a corny head nod.

Actually wouldn't mind a Batman full on detective movie, like a True Crime/Luther/Bosch theme.

Actually wouldn't mind a Batman full on detective movie, like a True Crime/Luther/Bosch theme.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hush adapted and they could have another Bats v Supes scene in there too.

Then just cast Carla Gugino as the older Catwoman.

Last edited:
Hush is such a terrible story that i'd rather they not even touch it in all honesty.

seamanup, it's been 5 days.

We get it, you don't like it. You think its lazy writing, you think it sucks, blah blah blah.

you my dude and all, but shut the **** up already. You'd think Snyder smashed your sister or something the way you're in here every goddamn arguing the same points. 

View media item 1970749

Last edited:
Zik and Jays25 are on the same side :rolleyes

I don't have the energy to go toe to toe with them. Just hope sea manup summons that same energy that he spends on here for the CW thread battle.

RFX has been largely neutral, choosing to lay back like Thanos as he does in all the cb threads, but if he should choose a side...the right side...we can turn the tide :nerd:

Last edited:
sm is oding a bit now, but props to the folks that liked it atleast for not blocking him. Geesh, that's a whole 'nother level of sensitivity; DC dropping you checks or something?

To be honest this stuff is just practice so that I can have rebutals for every awful thing about this movie.

Had three friends that enjoyed it but now they think it's trash because I gave them the lowdown on everything that's wrong with this filth. Could not have done it without you NT!

Zik and Jays25 are on the same side :rolleyes

I don't have the energy to go toe to toe with them. Just hope sea manup summons that same energy that he spends on here for the CW thread battle.

RFX has been largely neutral, choosing to lay back like Thanos as he does in all the cb threads, but if he should choose a side...the right side...we can turn the tide :nerd:

View media item 1970788

Back
Top Bottom