DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

All of sea manup's points have been excellent. Is he repetitive about it? Yes. But it doesn't change the truth to it lol. And I'm certainly not going to complain about his rants when I agree :lol:

I might've been repetitive about it myself.. I realize now that my efforts are about as fruitful as convincing someone to change his religion. It just doesn't happen. :lol:

Last edited:
I agree with maybe 50 to 60 percent of what dude says, but the problem is that son ODs when the discussion is not even about the movie itself.

This is the DCeU thread and I quite enjoy discussing the future of the verse, and there could be some interesting discourse about characters for later movies, narrative decisions for the future, or WB's plans going forward and then Seaman or OKB jump in with a no context triple post rant about something or another.

That's annoying, and no you don't have to be in your feelings or be on DC's payroll to find that annoying

Know for a fact that Zik and I have argued before. It's been a while though. Don't even remember what it was about, but it was either in here or the MCU thread.

Zik and Jays25 are on the same side :rolleyes

I don't have the energy to go toe to toe with them. Just hope sea manup summons that same energy that he spends on here for the CW thread battle.

RFX has been largely neutral, choosing to lay back like Thanos as he does in all the cb threads, but if he should choose a side...the right side...we can turn the tide :nerd:

Have whoever you want on your side in the CW thread. It won't matter. You can't fight against an army

View media item 1970806
Cap's about to take a long dirt nap. :smokin

Last edited:
Know for a fact that Zik and I have argued before. It's been a while though. Don't even remember what it was about, but it was either in here or the MCU thread.

Zik and Jays25 are on the same side :rolleyes

I don't have the energy to go toe to toe with them. Just hope sea manup summons that same energy that he spends on here for the CW thread battle.

RFX has been largely neutral, choosing to lay back like Thanos as he does in all the cb threads, but if he should choose a side...the right side...we can turn the tide :nerd:

Have whoever you want on your side in the CW thread. It won't matter. You can't fight against an army

View media item 1970806
Cap's about to take a long dirt nap. :smokin
At the end of the day his wife did more damage than the army of suits

giphy.gif

Wait is he telling us that all the IM supporters will disappear at the end of the movie?

8/8 gif execution

This is interesting if their prediction holds true but I guess not a complete disaster for WB even if they stay below $1B?

Via: http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-opening-weekend-box-office-records-1201726300/

Box Office Grosses aren't the final story for most films... The actual money a studio makes depends on an assortment of factors and costs. Deadline Hollywood has looked at comparable pictures and made their projections on the kind of money Batman V. Superman will ultimately make at the global box office, and then analysed the various other revenue streams for the film itself and subtracted all of the assorted costs.

In the end, they estimate that the film will gross $925m at the Worldwide box office, of which WB will pocket $411m. Unfortunately, they estimate that the production costs are $250m, with worldwide release costs of $165m, for a total of $415... just a few million more than it would actually earn in theaters.

However, that's not the only source of income for a film. Deadline estimates that Batman V. Superman can expect to earn $260m in global home entertainment sales and rentals, and another $135m in global television deals, for a total of $395m in extra income. Of course, these releases have their own costs of $91m, and in the end they estimate another $92m will go to those with profit participation deals in their contracts, like the director, producers, stars and the like.

So what's the ultimate profit the film could be looking at when all is said and done? $207.9m
(Check out the full breakdown of the numbers at the source.)

Here's how that projected (*) amount would compare with the profits from recent Superhero films estimated by the folks at Deadline:

Iron Man 3 - $391.8m
Avengers Age of Ultron - $382.3m
Batman V. Superman - $207.9m*
Guardians of the Galaxy - $204.2m
Big Hero 6 - $187.3m
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - $166.2m
Thor The Dark World - $139.4m
Ant-Man - $103.9m
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $81.31m
X-men Days of Future Past - $77.4m
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $70.4m
Man of Steel - $42.7m

That puts it neck and neck with Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy in terms of profitability. However, the big winner of the year so far is looking to be Fox's Deadpool, which is currently at the same worldwide gross as that earned by X-men Days of Future Past, yet cost $140m less to produce and likely wasn't saddled with anywhere near the estimated $100m in profits paid out to Singer, Hugh Jackman and the rest of the returning cast members of that film. The profits of Deadpool could be well over $300m at this point as a result.

So are all those profits including DVD sales and such?

When you posted those numbers yesterday, I was led to believe those was numbers strictly tallied from box office profits alone.

Or are they taking BvS's profits after Blu rays and such and comparing them to the other movies' pure box office profits?

Article is unclear to me. Lol

Last edited:
Movie profits mean nothing to me and frankly don't interest me, but I remember when dudes in the Marvel thread were crying because AoU didn't make as many millions as they wanted

To be honest this stuff is just practice so that I can have rebutals for every awful thing about this movie.

Had three friends that enjoyed it but now they think it's trash because I gave them the lowdown on everything that's wrong with this filth. Could not have done it without you NT!

lol

3 friends: "I enjoyed the movie"

Sea manup: "let me give you this 45 minute powerpoint, 16 flash cards, and links to 14 plot breakdowns to explain to you why you think you had fun for 2 hours, but you didn't"

3 friends: "yeah, you're right it's trash" "let's get of here before he tells us how aquaman sucks too"

Last edited:
How the hell do you go from enjoying a viewing to not enjoying that same viewing of the same movie?

Like...they liked it, then realized that they didn't like it?
laugh.gif

So are all those profits including DVD sales and such?

When you posted those numbers yesterday, I was led to believe those was numbers strictly tallied from box office profits alone.

Or are they taking BvS's profits after Blu rays and such and comparing them to the other movies' pure box office profits?

Article is unclear to me. Lol

I think that includes everything overall when everything is said and done as the article from Deadline link shows rental and SVOD revenues.

But they are also comparing it with profits with others that also include blurays, SVOD, rentals, etc...

So overall they are expecting it to make about close to or the same as GotG.

I figure these figure changes a lot though but probably not make a big enough difference to move each movies placements around.

It also doesn't include merchandise and product sponsorships. IIRC MoS pretty much made their money back from those alone.

Do you guys think DC is revising JL daily?
I watched a video yesterday where someone ( who is closely connected with WB ) said that WB has no choice at this point but to keep moving forward. He explained that WB's stock prices would plummet and everyone's schedules would be out of alignment if they alter their plans. It looks like this train is already moving.

Back
Top Bottom