DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Isn't batman teaming up with tmnt in a current comic series? I need that crossover movie. It would be so epicly bad that I would enjoy it so much.

A Michael Bay / Zack Snyder crossover movie. It will be the first movie with a negative score but the ultimate cash cow.
Snyder's films haven't really been cash cows though.. MOS was his only film over 500 mill.. 300 made 456.. watchmen made 185.. then dawn of the dead made 102.. sucker punch with 89
You got to look at the budget though, not saying Snyder is a cash cow (because he's had flops like Sucker Punch) but 300 had a $65m budget so making $456 is huge! Dawn of the Dead has a $26m budget with little marketing so making $102m is a win.
I was just listing the amounts his films made..

300 and dawn of the dead are easily his best films.. and I enjoyed watchmen.. and as you have pointed out, I use those movies often for what I think is his wheel house

Last edited:
Do yall know what critical thinking is? :lol:

It doesn't hurt or take a lot of effort to put thought in to something like this.

Yall acting like these movies are just vapid hollow action scenes that shouldn't have plot. If cbm are turn your brain off movies there's really no reason to hate on IM3 or even Ghost Rider. They all had plenty of action and some "cool" lines in them. Yall should only be hating on boring **** like F4.

I saw it over the weekend, it's decent - a solid 3 or 3.5/5 movie. I don't know what film critics were expecting by giving it 30%. It's a super hero/fantasy film not a cerebral or grandiose type film worthy of Oscars. For what it's worth it was actually better than Thor 2 or Iron Man 2 & 3 in my honest opinion.

Just watch it and form your own opinion.
Fosho, Thanks !

hell, the greatest comic book film of all time has a pretty big flaw in it..

have Maggie gyllenhaal in the Rachel dawes part always ruins the love triangle for me.. just gotta ignore it because of the greatness of everything else and assuming she got the best personality in the world (or got the greatest top game)

have Maggie gyllenhaal in the Rachel dawes part always ruins the love triangle for me.. just gotta ignore it because of the greatness of everything else and assuming she got the best personality in the world (or got the greatest top game)

The Sad Cartoon Turtle was def the weakest part of the movie

they fixed that flaw midway through the movie though 
laugh.gif

Make sure to write several posts in a row about how ugly Maggie was

Jesus Christ, y'all are debating the same topic almost a week later.

Some people like it, some don't. It was a messy film with a lot of great moments. Pick your side.

Debating it is going nowhere though. I think we all agree that it was poorly structured. Some people are willing to look past that, some aren't. It's just a matter of opinion and preference.

It's like arguing about whether or not oranges taste good.:lol:

they fixed that flaw midway through the movie though 
laugh.gif
just bringing to light the point that criticism isn't the end of the world..

the dark knight is a great movie and the greatest comic book movie of all time, something I think an overwhelming majority acknowledge.. but I think we all also realize how weak home girl is and aint no way them to two dudes are doing what they did because of her in reality

they fixed that flaw midway through the movie though :lol:

just bringing to light the point that criticism isn't the end of the world..

the dark knight is a great movie and the greatest comic book movie of all time, something I think an overwhelming majority acknowledge.. but I think we all also realize how weak home girl is and aint no way them to two dudes are doing what they did because of her in reality

When Joker says "well hellllooo beautiful..." I was lookin around like, who's he talkin too? :lol:

Some people like it, some don't. It was a messy film with a lot of great moments. Pick your side.

Debating it is going nowhere though. I think we all agree that it was poorly structured. Some people are willing to look past that, some aren't. It's just a matter of opinion and preference.

A week? Man, this will get dissected until JL drops late next year. Trust. There were still flare ups over MOS not more than a few weeks ago. :lol:

the last version of batman on the big screen was a borderline oscar film that touched upon many philosophical topics surrounding modern society while still being a fun, enjoyable action movie.

why cant these movies be held to a higher standard? is it too much to ask for 400 million dollars to be put into something more than meaningless gibberish? 

I enjoyed the movie, while it had some holes and pacing issues, I thought it was enjoyable. It also had some elements that parallel in today's society. With Batman, it's one storyline, bats vs supes it was multiple storylines while trying to setup other films. Confusing? Sure. Condeluded? Very, but to over analyze it then say you're not a critical thinker just because you didn't like it isn't right IMO.

It helped that I went into this film with very low expectations, so I wasn't expecting to get blown away.

will do
I feel like we already did that or maybe it was a different Maggie movie :lol:

It usually goes ppl say she's super ugly and her brother in a wig would look better and then a handful of ppl who saw Secretary say she was really sexy in and have been attracted to her ever since.

A week? Man, this will get dissected until JL drops late next year. Trust. There were still flare ups over MOS not more than a few weeks ago. :lol:
Same thing goes down in most of these threads.

I can start an argument about AOU or ASM2 right now :lol:

Last edited:
Critical thinking =/= over analysis.

A lot of yall just be sounding dumb with these type of replies now.

Also nobody who has enjoyed the movie has been attacked. The exact opposite has happened in this thread. Sea man and OKB get name dropped as the main perpetrators but who have they attacked? :nerd:

Raise your hand if you've felt personally attacked by seaman

will do
I feel like we already did that or maybe it was a different Maggie movie
laugh.gif

It usually goes ppl say she's super ugly and her brother in a wig would look better and then a handful of ppl who saw Secretary say she was really sexy in and have been attracted to her ever since.

It's like arguing about whether or not oranges taste good.
laugh.gif
A week? Man, this will get dissected until JL drops late next year. Trust. There were still flare ups over MOS not more than a few weeks ago.
laugh.gif

I can start an argument about AOU or ASM2 right now
laugh.gif
AOU would be an actual argument

there's only one dude who defends ASM2 
laugh.gif

Critical thinking =/= over analysis.

A lot of yall just be sounding dumb with these type of replies now.

Also nobody who has enjoyed the movie has been attacked. The exact opposite has happened in this thread. Sea man and OKB get name dropped as the main perpetrators but who have they attacked?
nerd.gif
Raise your hand if you've felt personally attacked by seaman
AYO 
sick.gif
nerd.gif

will do
I feel like we already did that or maybe it was a different Maggie movie :lol:

I can start an argument about AOU or ASM2 right now :lol:
AOU would be an actual argument

there's only one dude who defends ASM2 :lol:

I defend ASM2, but not very hard. For a minute I had it as best SM made. Over time, I softened off that a smidge.

Saw it last night. Hadn't read any reviews, spoilers, etc.

It was cool. Did it get congested at points? Absolutely. Can I see how it would confuse a more "casual" moviegoer, with Cavill seemingly being in the Nolanverse in MoS and now being in a completely different world with a completely different Batman? Sure.

I enjoyed it. I'd even go see it again. Not mad at Ben Affleck. Played BW/Batman well... especially considering he's obviously a more "comic book" version than any of the BW/Batman we've seen up to this point.

Honestly, my only complaint is that outside of the need to introduce their whole new universe, I feel like DC forced Justice League and WW on me... at the wrong points in the movie.

Could have saved the computer file browsing until the end, as a flashback. WW could have still been in the movie... just don't like the way she was written in.

But to say this movie was terrible? Nah, B. Nah.

For the love of God, this.

I agree with sea manup sea manup 's comments about thinking critically about this movie and just in general. To say, "this is just a comic book movie" is sort of a cop out in my opinion. Yes, this is entertainment at the end of the day, but that shouldn't be a reason why the people involved can't provide the very best product to its viewers. It's 2016 and these studios have plenty of money to invest into these movies, the creatives have more than enough resources and technology to tell a story through film and there's more than enough demand to put out a high quality product.

When you have characters of this scale involved and the amount of hype involved, the amount of discussion and scrutiny that's been generated is warranted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom