DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

SS reshoot a happening right now to add some humor
laugh.gif

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/31/suicide-squad-reshoots-bode-well-for-the-dc-movieverse
Oh NOW they want to add humor huh

You would think they would've been realized how well it works from all the marvel movies that has done well
laugh.gif

Suicide Squad should of always been "light" I would of walked into the theater totally caught off guard if it had the BvS tone.

And there is a pretty slim chance they have Will back for the reshoots because I think he's shooting another film right now

From the article that was posted:
A couple of weeks ago I spoke with an excellent source who told me something surprising: the trailer for Suicide Squad, the one with the Queen song, did not represent the film as it then existed. "Every joke in the movie is in that trailer," this source told me. The enormous positive response to the trailer led to Warner Bros requesting reshoots that would alter the tone of the film, bringing in some more of the lightness to which audiences responded.

I have since spoken to more sources and I understand that the reshoots are happening right now, as recently as this week, and that they're big - tens of millions of dollars big. And they're adding more humor and lightness into the film.

Spending tens of millions on something that could've been done.

Not surprising to me. I knew that trailer with the rock song wasn't going to be representative of the movie.

Last edited:
Really???
Who owns/owned him :nerd:

Dwayne Mcduffie (RIP) and a couple other black creatives started Milestone Comics in the early 90s and it was an imprint of DC comics but in its own contained universe. This universe contained mostly black heroes and a more urban/hood setting.

Static and the rest crossed over with Superman in like 95 but otherwise they were their own seperate things.

When the Static Schock cartoon dropped, it was originally it's own thing as well (in one episode they referred to Superman and Clark Kent like a fictional character) but later on they decided to put it in the same universe as Justice League, Batman TAS, etc.

Static joined the Teen Titans in 2008 or so and has been in DC titles up until maybe 2012. Static and Icon even appeared in Young Justice.

But if I recall properly, the rights to all of the Milestone heroes have been rescinded and DC can't just use them willy nilly. I think only Milestone has the rights to the characters and are planning some sort of comics relaunch but I may have my facts wrong.

You should check out the original Static comic from the 90s tho. A really enjoyable series :smokin

EDIT: saw your post. Guess I was wrong :lol:

Static is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. Created by Milestone Comics founders Dwayne McDuffie, Denys Cowan, Derek Dingle, and Michael Davis and initially written by McDuffie and Robert L. Washington III and drawn by John Paul Leon, Static first appeared in Static #1 (June 1993), one of the titles published by Milestone Comics, an imprint of DC Comics. After the closing of Milestone, Static was incorporated into the DC Universe and became a member of the Teen Titans.

How ironic would it be if a movie about villains has more life and humor in it than a movie about two of the most iconic superheroes ever known.

Movie comes out in 5 months, most films and CBMs do reshoots weeks before the movie comes out. 5 months are plenty of time.

I still think the response is late because it happens only in response to the criticism of BvS

I'm just glad they're learning their lesson before they start shooting JL though

I think execs would sooner kill Snyder before letting him make a movie as grim as BvS now :lol:

Eh, I remember Feige saying they've done reshoots after some initial screenings to fix the ones the audience didn't like.

I actually vaguely remember saying that it has actually become consistent and that it is part of all Marvel films now. CW was doing reshoots up til late January for a May release (wouldn't be surprised if they are just finishing editing for the "industry screening" they have planned in a couple of weeks in Vegas), I believe AoU was doing the same thing last year in January on it's May release.

I hope it's not a joke every two seconds like a typical Marvel film.

I still don't understand how there was a joke after Pepper Potts died...

Hope SS doesn't have forced out of place humour because the studio panicked after snider took a dump on their universe

I posted about this the other day and I think it was taken as a joke but a lot of people are revisiting Superman Returns now :lol: I'm seeing it mentioned by geeks, journalists etc...

I HATED that film :smh: probably the least fulfilling movie experience I've ever had

im go with something from x-men since I was a huge x-men fan growing up.. and I had legit expectations for those movies

either x3 and them using sentinels and juggernaut

or wolverine origins, hell the next wolverine movie too

superman, I didn't expect much  

Not sure why people are bringing up burtons batman in response to how it makes no sense that the batman kills everyone in his way but somehow joker is still alive

I posted about this the other day and I think it was taken as a joke but a lot of people are revisiting Superman Returns now :lol: I'm seeing it mentioned by geeks, journalists etc...

I HATED that film :smh: probably the least fulfilling movie experience I've ever had

I remember just being underwhelmed watching Superman Returns. I didn't really hate it or anything.

yea the people i know liked it as well. the majority said the movie was slow at first but the second half was very good

my niece said it was scary :lol:

i guess due to no humor or light moments

you dudes really od on the hate and i think that helped my perception of it along with all the bad reviews. it seems critics decided to rate the movie like it was supposed to be schindlers list and not a comic book movie

going in i thought it was gonna be ghost rider 2 bad lol

watch the dvd r rated version be r rated for some male buttocks or doomsdays penis :x

Right?!

That opening intro got me hyped but then it turned out to be a bore.

Back
Top Bottom