DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Greg Berlanti Confirms "Booster Gold" Movie, May Direct

Following a report that Zack Stentz ("Power Rangers," "X-Men: First Class") is writing a "Booster Gold" film, Greg Berlanti, who was rumored to be executive producing the film, has confirmed the projects is in the works.

Earlier this week, The Hollywood Reporter, Berlanti confirmed that the film is being scripted by Stentz, and that he is interested in being more involved than simply producing it.

Booster Gold

"I'm attached to a few films [at Warner Bros.] now, and one, 'Booster Gold,' is a DC property," Berlanti says. "Zack Stentz, who wrote an episode of Flash last year, just got the job, so he's writing the script now. I'd probably direct that, or I would want to."

Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/greg-berlanti-confirms-booster-gold-movie-may-direct

I just looked up who Greg Berlanti is and he directed Green Lantern (2011). :stoneface:

My bad, he wrote it. I don't know if that's much better.

I don't know who we blame for Hal's suit causing epileptic seizures and Parallax looking like dirty snow, but I guess the practical effects for Sinestro were good. Sinestro was the only thing good in that movie.

who was in here talking about Booster Gold? :lol:

You got your wish it seems.

KingdomFlatbush KingdomFlatbush

Last edited:
Well it says the guy wrote an episode of The Flash. Doesn't say which one, but that show has a far lighter and softer tone than the DCEU has, which is exactly what a Booster Gold (And Blue Beetle for that matter) film should have.

And the Booster Gold episode from JLU was actually pretty interesting. If they delved into the later incarnation of the character, where the world at large considered him to be a joke, but secretly he was fighting all these threats across time, there could be some potential there. And the comedy needs to be top notch of course.

Last edited:
Well it says the guy wrote an episode of The Flash. Doesn't say which one, but that show has a far lighter and softer tone than the DCEU has, which is exactly what a Booster Gold (And Blue Beetle for that matter) film should have.

And the Booster Gold episode from JLU was actually pretty interesting. If they delved into the later incarnation of the character, where the world at large considered him to be a joke, but secretly he was fighting all these threats across time, there could be some potential there. And the comedy needs to be top notch of course.

This movie could have it all. Start as a mini heist movie where he becomes an outlaw in the future. Then you deal with him becoming a hero for the wrong reasons and not getting recognition for his heroics. Mix in the buddy comedy dynamic with Blue Beetle.

:pimp:

I can mess with a Berlanti directed Booster Gold movie where he's like the JLU version.

I loved the episode where he was like saving the whole world/universe while the JLU faced some world threat and they balanced referencing his origin him appearing to be a loser and feeling like one while he was the only one to beat this threat and get the girl.

Even Batman ain't know what he was up to.

Last edited:
Faraci-Rumor-Report

RUMOR: Willem Dafoe Playing An Atlantean In JUSTICE LEAGUE; How Will Zack Snyder Shoot Underwater Scenes?

"My sources tell me that rather than shoot in a water tank this time Zack Snyder has set up an elaborate rig on a green screen stage - it's a two armed rig, with Momoa clutched in one arm while the camera is clutched in the other. They two arms are preprogrammed to move in sync so that Momoa can do all kinds of maneuvers while the camera moves around him. I'm assuming there's a similar rig for more elaborate flying stuff. Momoa's hair will be CGIed into a flowy, underwater look."

Thor's younger brother should play Booster, Beast from X-Men: First Class should play Blue Beetle, and this might sound crazy, but Bill Murray should voice Skeets.

This movie could have it all. Start as a mini heist movie where he becomes an outlaw in the future. Then you deal with him becoming a hero for the wrong reasons and not getting recognition for his heroics. Mix in the buddy comedy dynamic with Blue Beetle.

Trying to say, I think that the audience would like Booster Gold because he's got that everyman vibe to him. He's not a billionare or an alien or a princess from Paradise. He's from the future yes, but even then he's just an average joe who basically gets his hands on some amazing technology to fight crime and even that's for what? To become famous and make money. I think a lot of people at the film would like the idea.

Watch Booster Gold be the hit film for the DCEU :lol:

Trying to say, I think that the audience would like Booster Gold because he's got that everyman vibe to him. He's not a billionare or an alien or a princess from Paradise. He's from the future yes, but even then he's just an average joe who basically gets his hands on some amazing technology to fight crime and even that's for what? To become famous and make money. I think a lot of people at the film would like the idea.

Watch Booster Gold be the hit film for the DCEU :lol:

Wouldn't that be something? The sure thing that was Batman v Superman being as polarizing as it is, but having characters like Aquaman, Booster Gold, and the Suicide Squad be hit movies.

Might be the final nails in Zack Snyder's coffin.

Last edited:
James Cameron Aquaman would have been cool but he has Avatar right now
mean.gif
Maybe Ari can get him to come on board

Thor's younger brother should play Booster, Beast from X-Men: First Class should play Blue Beetle, and this might sound crazy, but Bill Murray should voice Skeets.

So i'm guessing you want to see them use one of the other guys before Jaime Reyes became Blue Beetle.

So i'm guessing you want to see them use one of the other guys before Jaime Reyes became Blue Beetle.

It has to be Ted Kord if they're doing Booster Gold. They're best friends. I don't know much about Jaime, but I look at him more as a Teen Titan/Young Justice member.

Back
Top Bottom