DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Max and she had pink hair.
This man understands.
smokin.gif
His old girl was always giving him **** about being late and not having enough time for her. Melanie got with that program real quick and was ready to treat my man like he deserved.

Look at that poll action! Hasn't even been talking to him for 10 minutes and she's already showing off the moves. Letting him know that could all be his and more
smokin.gif
Damn, you right. I remember binge watching BB a few years ago thinking the same thing. She was basically Terry's "catwoman". My dude Terry was smitten with her. Too bad they never fully explored their relationship. 

Last edited:
Here is a quick update with a list of movie Suicide Squad managed to beat at the box-office in 6 weeks related to shared comic book movie universes.

Thor – Total box-office 449 Million Worldwide in 18 weeks;
Iron Man – Total box-office 585 Million Worldwide in 24 weeks;
Iron Man 2 – Total box-office 623 Million Worldwide in 17 weeks;
The Incredible Hulk – Total box-office 263 Million Worldwide in 13 weeks;
Thor: The Dark World – Total box-office 644 Million Worldwide in 25 weeks;
Captain America: The First Avenger- Total box-office 370 Million Worldwide in 17 weeks;
Hulk – Total box-office 245 Million in 16 weeks;
Ant-man – Total box-office 519 Million in 23 weeks;

And two more that made a bit more in a lot more weeks;

Captain America The Winter Soldier – Total box-office 714 Million Worldwide in 21 weeks;
Guardians of the Galaxy – Total box-office 773 Million in 23 weeks;

View media item 2163558

Last edited:
Damn, you right. I remember binge watching BB a few years ago thinking the same thing. She was basically Terry's "catwoman". My dude Terry was smitten with her. Too bad they never fully explored their relationship. 

She was scoping young homie Terry from the first time she saw him :smokin Son had all the juice. :lol: Probably could've pulled Max too if he'd really wanted.

Definitely got that classic Batman/Catwoman vibe from Melanie though and I really wanted it to become a running thing, like it was in the original animated series. Dana was cool and all, in a Superman/Lois Lane kind of way, but Melanie paved the way for more interesting stories in my opinion. And man I really loved Batman Beyond. They took a risk with that show and it really paid off. Good twist on classic concepts, interesting characters, solid worldbuilding, new villains, etc. I used to watch episodes a few times a week back when the entire series was on Netflix. Might look into getting the DVDs like I did with the original series.

Melanie actually appeared again in the comics and dated Terry for a bit, but last time I checked they'd broken up and Terry wasn't with anybody. Though an alternate version of him in that whole Justice Lords timeline was dating her.

All this really makes me want a new series of animated movie.

Last edited:
I just wish there was an animated series to watch but they probably just want to make those stupid GO series.

She was scoping young homie Terry from the first time she saw him
smokin.gif
Son had all the juice.
laugh.gif
Probably could've pulled Max too if he'd really wanted.

Definitely got that classic Batman/Catwoman vibe from Melanie though and I really wanted it to become a running thing, like it was in the original animated series. Dana was cool and all, in a Superman/Lois Lane kind of way, but Melanie paved the way for more interesting stories in my opinion. And man I really loved Batman Beyond. They took a risk with that show and it really paid off. Good twist on classic concepts, interesting characters, solid worldbuilding, new villains, etc. I used to watch episodes a few times a week back when the entire series was on Netflix. Might look into getting the DVDs like I did with the original series.

Melanie actually appeared again in the comics and dated Terry for a bit, but last time I checked they'd broken up and Terry wasn't with anybody. Though an alternate version of him in that whole Justice Lords timeline was dating her.

All this really makes me want a new series of animated movie.

Yall got me looking up old episodes of BB. I forgot that she briefly came back for a second episode. They did Melanie/Ten dirty..........
mean.gif

Get robbie amell crossed off the list. No one wants to see him in the role. Just hire Kevin Conroy to be the actor for old bruce.

The animation for killing joke is slightly off..

19 mins in and I get what folks have been saying, especially double toasted guys.. DCEU guys wonder into the animation department?

:nerd:

Well this is disappointing.. Enjoyed bad blood though

Yea, that was bad.. And that ending :smh:

Last edited:
Some of y'all didn't like 'bad blood'?

Bad Blood was decent, but nothing spectacular. It's a large improvement from the films that came before it in the series, Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin. Like it's the best Batman animated film to come out in recent years, but that's only because the two before it were so bad :lol: Damian's entire fight with Deathstroke at the end of Son of Batman was trash and his issues with Batman in the next film were just as bad. Bad Blood is then better, because he gets far less screentime and you have other characters like Nightwing, Batwoman, and Batwing stepping up to shine.
The animation for killing joke is slightly off..

19 mins in and I get what folks have been saying, especially double toasted guys.. DCEU guys wonder into the animation department?

:nerd:

Well this is disappointing.. Enjoyed bad blood though

Yea, that was bad.. And that ending :smh:

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

Killing Joke should have been far better than it was, but Bruce Timm fell into his usual trend of trying to pair Batman and Batgirl together :smh: Then it didn't help that the first 20 minutes or so with Barbara almost comes across as a completely different film. The creation of some random gangster wannabe as her Big Bad also wasn't a good idea. They'd have been better off going with someone like Mr. Freeze, just focus on Barbara finding him on her own, stopping him, put in a reason for her to quit, cut out the romance with Batman, and then move into Killing Joke. Honestly, that's what I expected going into the film, because they'd announced they'd add a segment with Barbara to show her in her glory as Batgirl. Really shot themselves in the foot though. I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be, but for a comic that is always touted as being one of the greatest Batman stories of all time they dropped the ball.

That junior mob boss was usually one step ahead of her. Made her look like a fool.

Hoping jl dark releases soon. Would like if they use the jl gods & monsters characters again for another animated film.

Back
Top Bottom