DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Snyder is still intent on directing 'Justice League 2,' but that film has been pushed back to make room for Ben Affleck's Batman stand-alone.

Zack Snyder is going from the epic world of DC superheroes to war-torn Afghanistan.

After wrapping Justice League, Snyder is not tackling Justice League 2, as was the initial plan, but rather is focusing his attention on his long-in-development thriller The Last Photograph.

Snyder is still intent on directing Justice League 2, but that movie has been pushed back to make room for Ben Affleck’s Batman stand-alone movie. The move left an opening in Snyder’s schedule for a production that is smaller-scale, at least compared to massive superhero tentpoles he has been working on of late. Call it a palate cleanser, if you will.

Snyder set up the project in the mid-2000s, after the success of 300, but the rights lapsed. Gianni Nunnari’s Hollywood Gang is in the process of negotiating a new deal.

Snyder concocted the story and his longtime colleague Kurt Johnstad wrote the script, which will get a sprucing up. In 2011, Christian Bale and Sean Penn were attached to star, but the project is now actorless. The plan, sources say, is to repackage the project and approach Warner Bros., where Snyder and his producing partner and wife Deborah Snyder have a first-look pact for their Cruel and Unusual Films banner, with the aim of having it shoot in late 2017.

Photograph centers on a war correspondent in Afghanistan who is the only one to survive an attack on a group of Americans. When a special ops soldier in search of a family member shows up, the two team up, with the correspondent hoping to score the story of his life.

I thought they were done with snyder after jl. Or maybe that's just what everyone has been wishing for and I thought it was true.

Last edited:
Hopefully. HOPEFULLY, they wise up at DC and ditch Snyder for JL2.

Guess reaction and final box office for JL will be the deciding factor.

Last edited:
Snyder gawd ain't goin nowhere. That man is a great director I'm with Snyder till the end of the line.

Let's be real tho. Hypothetical: If the Russo Bros or Chris Nolan wanted in, would you give the green light to Snyder over them? :lol:

Let's be real tho. Hypothetical: If the Russo Bros or Chris Nolan wanted in, would you give the green light to Snyder over them? :lol:

No. There's are plenty of room for everyone if they wanted in. For better or for worse the DCEU is Snyder's legacy. It started with him and it'll end with him.

No. There's are plenty of room for everyone if they wanted in.
Plenty room for Snyder to leave and better directors to take over too.

For better or for worse the DCEU is Snyder's legacy. It started with him and it'll end with him.
This is such a poor and horrible outlook. Bleak as ****.

If the dudes running DC ever said something like this it'd show their limited thinking. Limitations that will only hurt their cinematic universe.

Snyder was like #35 on the list of 10 and now you talking about him like he's the only person capable when there are so many more superior visonary directors.

One thing I loved over at Marvel is how Whedon and Marvel were able to part ways and they just ramped things up with the Russo bros.

Snyder the new Michael Bay
With a small fraction of his total box office.

Last edited:
Marvel has been able to adapt and introduce new directors with new vision.

DC is still suffering from a parasite called Hac Snyder, who continues to suck the lifeblood of what should be an iconic universe.

just soooo good this series is, technology should be good enough to convert them to HD by now and for Netflix to pick it up so we can binge watch

outside of those best moments/episodes, there were so much more too, this one always stood out to me, the Cape & Cowl Conspiracy episode

Last edited:
There were a lot of great BTAS eps. I look back on it thinking damn near almost everyone was a classic.

That's a deep dope complex executed plot for a kid's show :smokin

Last edited:

just soooo good this series is, technology should be good enough to convert them to HD by now and for Netflix to pick it up so we can binge watch

outside of those best moments/episodes, there were so much more too, this one always stood out to me, the Cape & Cowl Conspiracy episode

greatest adaption of batman ever. show was so ahead of its time. have not bought the dvd collection because im still waiting on the blu ray. how is a blu ray not out yet?

New POWERLESS Synopsis Moves The Action From An Insurance Agency To A Wayne Enterprises Company

In a world where humanity must cope with the collateral damage of Super Heroes and Super-Villains, Emily Locke (Vanessa Hudgens) begins her first day as Director of Research & Development for Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in products that make defenseless bystanders feel a little safer. Full of confidence and big ideas, Emily quickly learns that her expectations far exceed those of her new boss (Alan Tudyk) and officemates, so it will be up to her to lead the team toward their full potential and the realization that you don’t need superpowers to be a hero.

but is it going to be tv batman or movie batman?

because we all know how tv superman looks like...

They put Condiment King in the LEGO film

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
Not feeling Zach G as the Joker. I doesn't have to be Mark Hamill or anything but they could've gotten someone better.

Get Amazon Prime. They got the first 3 seasons on there.

Man, people who try to claim that anyone who enjoys this is blinded by nostalgia just don't understand how wrong they truly are. Calling it the "gold standard of Dark Knight storytelling" is pretty much spot-on. There is no adaptation of the character outside of the comics that is better than this series. It says a lot that you could truly struggle to pick your 10 favorite scenes or episodes from this series, because the writing was so consistently good. I actually went ahead and picked up the entire series on DVD over the last few years, along with season 1 of Batman Beyond. This show is the perfect way to introduce anyone to the character and lore of Batman, getting appearances from all of his most notable Rogues, the prominent side characters like Jim Gordon, **** Grayson, and Alfred Pennyworth, and even giving you some great films to boot. No accident that they managed to take this and spin it off into an animated franchise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom