DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Nah I think most definitely noticed. The whole Steve taking over another dudes body was the most bizarre part of the film for me.

Diana not getting D for 70 years really turned her into a morally bankrupt lady. I thought they would at least bring up some ethical concern towards the end and thats why Steve would have to leave, but he only has to go so she can get her powers back 🤣

and the damn movie started off with the whole life lesson about taking shortcuts

Nah I think most definitely noticed. The whole Steve taking over another dudes body was the most bizarre part of the film for me.

Diana not getting D for 70 years really turned her into a morally bankrupt lady. I thought they would at least bring up some ethical concern towards the end and thats why Steve would have to leave, but he only has to go so she can get her powers back 🤣
:lol: Kinda my favorite part, like not even a super Amazon is above a good dickmatizing and extremely questionable decisions.

Who's call was it to use "Adagio in D minor" for the flying scene? Your big emotional climax and Hans Zimmer couldnt come up with an original track for it? Adagio basically been one of the more overused commercial/movie trailer song of the last ten years :lol:

whole time i was thinking of Nic Cage screaming, "Now switch.....to KRYPTONITTTEEEE"

Who's call was it to use "Adagio in D minor" for the flying scene? Your big emotional climax and Hans Zimmer couldnt come up with an original track for it? Adagio basically been one of the more overused commercial/movie trailer song of the last ten years :lol:

whole time i was thinking of Nic Cage screaming, "Now switch.....to KRYPTONITTTEEEE"

watching that reminds me kickass/hit girl don’t get the respect they deserve

she‘s the actual superhero in that movie and it’s a good movie.. Wonder Woman needs more of that than trying be captain America or Thor or whoever else they trying rip off

:lol: Wild thing is they completely made up the rules so there was no reason to have dude possess another man's body, could've just been him. I mean a wall appeared out of nowhere.
Right. I'd understand if they were going to use it as a moral set piece...but they didn't. They just shrugged and moved on.

They try to mask it with the monkey paw setback, but what was Barbara's setback ?

Outside of possibly getting annoyed with the constant attention, and being too strong for everyday life, they didn't show any real cons to her wish.

at first i thought be turning her into cheetah but its actually what she wanted and for somebreason she wish for it even thought she already used her wish

so her only setback was she turned into a b**ch

Ain't wrote up a movie in a minute, so Imma post it again

WW84 was pretty okay for what it was.

Off the jump, I noticed how much the First World War, the mystery of Themyscara (sp?) and building up the Amazons, war forces, and main characters added so much to OG WW feeling like a real moment.

84? Felt like they got high off their own supply, thinking that we cared about Diana & Trev outside of context, so they could go ahead and play with it. Nah, b.

Been thinking on how I'd describe what worked and didn't in the movie, but almost everything actually worked to me. It was just like...oh THAT'S what yall felt like doing? And that's how long you wanna give it? Aight...

Easiest way to describe it would be filling in the things that weren't there and should've been. It's a 'choose your own adventure' for what you think should've been dumped, but I guess this is what I think should've been there.

I needed to know why 1984 mattered. Why not WWII or civil rights or even leaning into the Cold War? Running with the theme of jealousy & greed is pretty soap opera if you don't have the teeth (Rated R) to go there with it. OG WW was about the war and the hatreds of men, and how women fight differently (with empathy), but bring it when bringing it is called for. You risk creating an episodic supersequel vibe...as if there'll be 5 more of these soon.

What happened in the 50 years between OG WW & this movie? You can't skate on that and have us think anything from the first one really mattered. 1/3 of that movie was the Amazons and linked directly to the war. Almost none of this one was, and you disconnect from source at the cost of the real. That makes our hero just another one.

Having Amazons around her feeling like fish outta water, would've changed the whole movie. Let her be the one to teach them how to live in the land of men, something she was on the flip side of. I liked Pedro and Cheetah. They made sense to me by the end, but the drag and wait for what they'd eventually become was a lot of repetitive work.

If I wanted to describe my big influences from just watching it, I'd say: Wall Street, Stranger Things, Single White Female, Kilgrave from Jessica Jones S1 and Meet Joe Black. That's maybe 2 influences too many, and has me wondering why OG Wonder Woman wasn't one of them. It doesn't even feel influenced by it's own previous movie.

The first one stood out; this feels like this is trying to fit in. The strongest vein they could've tapped into imo, was having Pedro & Chris Pine's characters be the same person. That gives the film stakes it didn't have otherwise and frees up so much time. It makes it matter to us differently and shows that her values really would mean more than what her heart wants. And it'd make OG WW mean something more.

But that's just my mind, being my mind.

at first i thought be turning her into cheetah but its actually what she wanted and for somebreason she wish for it even thought she already used her wish

How did she actually turn into Cheetah tho? I may have missed it, but last I remember she went into the television station with Maxwell and all a sudden she’s Cheetah

i mean I assume they ain’t going kill off cheetah in 1 movie.. so no clue why she was normal in that final shot.. and we didn’t see her renounce her wish

Somehow got another wish from Dreamstone Max and instead of being beautiful and powerful, wished to be apex predator... so cheetah?

Somehow got another wish from Dreamstone Max and instead of being beautiful and powerful, wished to be apex predator... so cheetah?
None of the writers, producers or directors wanted to tie that in a bit? :lol: felt rushed and random as hell IMO.

imagine being a casual/non casual CBM fan and you’re like WTF? :lol:

How did she actually turn into Cheetah tho? I may have missed it, but last I remember she went into the television station with Maxwell and all a sudden she’s Cheetah

she said she wanted to be an apex predator and ta da her and WW got costume changes

i mean I assume they ain’t going kill off cheetah in 1 movie.. so no clue why she was normal in that final shot.. and we didn’t see her renounce her wish

i think maxwell renouncing his wish renounced everyone elses? its really the only thing i could think of because she didnt really want to return

also weird that electricity to the water had no effect on ww, shes immune to it now? like even superman is susceptible to getting electrocuted

its weird because they showed no indication that cheetah is the apex predator or why that would even be the one she would become? i know there was like a stuffed cheetah where she worked but its blurred in the background and i only noticed because i was looking for it

then maxwell made it sound like he was going to ask someone else to wish for her to be an "apex predator" but that makes absolutely no sense and wasnt showed at all

i really dont know, i can usually let my imagine go wild and make up things for it to make sense but i am going blank on this one

i think maxwell renouncing his wish renounced everyone elses? its really the only thing i could think of because she didnt really want to return

also weird that electricity to the water had no effect on ww, shes immune to it now? like even superman is susceptible to getting electrocuted

I mean I feel like she ripped off first avengers x Thor for the 1st movie

and we all know she was connected to that one Thor movie

so maybe WW now swinging from lightening and and being immune to electricity was how she viewed Thor?

That part after wigg got her powers and then randomly runs into the same dude who tried to assault her, then the homeless guy from before randomly shows up to see she's changed lol

Back
Top Bottom