DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

1609042533909.gif

• Haha
Reactions: sb
You know it's trash when even casual watchers also didn't like it. It's a given the comic book nerds will nitpick stuff but average folk who just want a blockbuster fun action packed movie usually is the target audience for these and it completely missed. After watching it I thought maybe it's just me who thought it sucked but quick look here and the rest of the world shows it's the general opinion.

Just rewatched the ending cause I was so checked out by the end the first time.

Last fight was some cirque du soleil **** :lol:

SMH.... The DCEU severely let me down with ww84. Script was a mess, pacing was a mess, action scenes were a mess, and after the first 25 minutes the rest of the movie was a mess. Not horrible, but this movie is a 1 view and done for me, it was pretty meh. . Still looking forward to Patty Jenkins directing rogue squadron.

But I have to say, that scene where WW had to say goodbye to Steve was some damn fine acting from gal and Chris.

And lastly, when that rendition of " a beautiful lie" played, that put a smile on my face.

Last edited:

Jody sold out. Checks were cashed. He doesn’t want to lose that Patty Jenkins connection. This film was basura. Hate to see it.

It can get bad when movies explain the function behind these mystical objects. Once that happened and when Pedro Pascal went crazy, the movie just went downhill. This movie was silly.

Also, did I miss something? Did she ever make her wish for dude to come back? Everyone else has to proclaim their wish outloud but I don’t ever recall hearing WW say it. And did they ever show Max’s BM? Cause a Latino can’t magically produce an Asian kid. Maybe it’s not a big deal but then that’s the point. The little **** slides and that snowballs into bigger screenwriting issues. It’s an overall mess.

Why was the kid Chinese?

my man asking the right questions LMFAO

Speaking of what state was this movie suppose to take place? :nerd: :lol:

Yup.

That I was referring to as well. We all knew it at the time but she confirmed it.

And yeah she did this second WW movie and went to Disney probably full time. She's ready hinted she might not direct the next WW movie by saying what it would take for her to do another WW movie.

the bigger question is why? why meddle and **** up that much money? disney took marvel and let the right people do their thing, and now marvel is all-pro all-world with all-time #1 spot.

DC has that potential to stand toe to toe with marvel...and you fumble that from first down.

the people at the top should be shamed, publicly. like get spit on type shame.

pathetic.

Watched the movie at home.. I clapped when the BVS theme came on for like 5 seconds before the final fight but that was it.

Movie needed more action and less talking lol.
Honestly, what prevented them from throwing in some cameos? Not that aftercredit shoehorn...
Dude who said Gadot can't carry a high budget flick is pretty right. She seems more attuned for soap operas.
I wanted to see Zeus or some deity. Delve into that if you wanna explore her origins. Or something.
Dude looked mean in that JL quick shot.
On a different tangent, I'm not accustomed seeing local landmarks in high budget flicks.
Recall they closed some spots for the shooting...

Back
Top Bottom