DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I give no damns about this. They started back when everyone in Hollywood was trying to put a comic book or graphic novel thing together now the era and quality has changed.

Screenshot_20211217-030346_TikTok.jpg

With prep time batman can solo the MCU.

WB/DC just got to let Henry shine, give them a $200m budget and Vaughn go to town with the character, they spend more on crappier projects...

THE KING'S MAN Director Matthew Vaughn Still Wants To Make A "Proper" SUPERMAN Movie With Henry Cavill

“I was desperate to do a Superman film. Desperate,” Vaughn revealed to The Wrap. “I pitched a big Superman movie before they made Man of Steel. I just got to work with Henry Cavill, which was lovely, on Argylle and he’s unbelievable in it. I still think there’s room for a new Superman film, but a proper Superman film. A colorful, fun Superman movie. Not a dark one.”

“I just thought it was a mistake putting the Batman vibe into the Superman world,”
the filmmaker continued. “I just think they’re two separate — they’re just not relatable in any way, in my mind. It should be fun. I mean, look, The Dark Knight was obviously different, and it made sense and it was brilliant, as a film and as a comic. But Superman was always… I loved the [Richard] Donner Superman movie, and I think Wonder Woman worked because, I think, Wonder Woman was basically remaking [Donner’s] Superman in a weird way. Yeah, I love Superman.”

WB/DC just got to let Henry shine, give them a $200m budget and Vaughn go to town with the character, they spend more on crappier projects...

THE KING'S MAN Director Matthew Vaughn Still Wants To Make A "Proper" SUPERMAN Movie With Henry Cavill

“I was desperate to do a Superman film. Desperate,” Vaughn revealed to The Wrap. “I pitched a big Superman movie before they made Man of Steel. I just got to work with Henry Cavill, which was lovely, on Argylle and he’s unbelievable in it. I still think there’s room for a new Superman film, but a proper Superman film. A colorful, fun Superman movie. Not a dark one.”

“I just thought it was a mistake putting the Batman vibe into the Superman world,”
the filmmaker continued. “I just think they’re two separate — they’re just not relatable in any way, in my mind. It should be fun. I mean, look, The Dark Knight was obviously different, and it made sense and it was brilliant, as a film and as a comic. But Superman was always… I loved the [Richard] Donner Superman movie, and I think Wonder Woman worked because, I think, Wonder Woman was basically remaking [Donner’s] Superman in a weird way. Yeah, I love Superman.”
leave it to WB to say no to this because it doesn’t fit their masterful DC plan that doesn’t exist yet

Back
Top Bottom