DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

JUST WATCHED MOVIE.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

PROBABLY THE BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN AFTER CAPTAIN AMERICA WINTER SOLDIER.

WENT IN SPOILER FREE. LEFT AMAZED.

WONDER WOMAN WAS AMAZING IN LOOKS AND SKILLS :pimp:

Last edited:
On my phone so I can't send a link, but if you go to google maps and search Bruce Wayne's Residency you can look inside the crib/cave

What's wrong with a Batman that kills?

I really don't get people's gripe with that. I was one of the guys begging for Bats to drop Joker at the end of TDK.

My only issue with the movie was that it bit off more than it could chew. The editing sucked. The story was all over the place.

But do we really not expect different perspectives on the characters? Think of how many different storylines and characterizations there are of Batman. People pushed back when Frank Miller took Liberty with the story. Today The Dark Knight Returns is considered a classic and what made it possible for us to get a gritty Batman trilogy like TDK.

Comic books grew up with us. They've got more and more mature and tackled more and more complex stories every time.

Zik, have you seen Flashpoint Paradox?
isn't that part of the complexity that is batman? i read earlier that someone would like the redhood as a storyline for a future film but bats not killing sorta drives that story line.

What's wrong with a Batman that kills?
When I bring up the whole Batman that kills as a problem, I'm speaking referencing all of the ppl I've argued with in the past and all the arguments I've heard about why Batman shouldn't kill. Similar to Superman not killing there's a huge group of fans that don't like or believe Batman should kill for many reasons. They see it as bad writing and it sends the wrong message. There's a bunch of comic creators that also agree and after the 50s and the whole comics make your children serial killers movement, Bats no longer killed in the comics and they came up with all sorts of reasons why Bruce wouldn't kill and not use a gun (cuz his parents died due to them but never mind batarangs that can explode :lol: )

They'll ignore the other Bat movies where he did kill or let ppl die.

When I bring it up, I'm also speaking against personal preference cuz I'd much prefer a Batman that killed. I'm not fond of a Superman that kills though cuz to me there's only one logical conclusion for that.

Zik, have you seen Flashpoint Paradox?
Yeah I saw it. Liked it.

Wouldn't be for that kind of Batman though :lol: He was a drunk and seemed to only be good with the guns. No detective skills or other great fighting skills. His batcave sucked balls.

Last edited:
Agree with everything you said there. Flashpoint Batman was indeed a drunk. he clearly stopped giving a **** like a decade before then.:lol:

According to Snyder, Bats' actions are more "manslaughter" than "murder", meaning he's not fighting with malicious intent to kill, he just gives no dambs about collateral damage and the dangerous situations his enemies are already in.

Like the dude with the grenade--Batman didn't pull the pin.

I liked the scene with the gas tank and the flamethrower because it was more akin to TDK where Bruce would rather let the villain die as opposed to them killing an innocent (Harvey Dent)

Last edited:
All I'm really saying is there's a huge contingent of Bat fans that'll hate that he's a killer.

It probably wasn't even exposed much on NT but the comic reaction to Superman snapping Zod's neck was INSANE :lol:

Yall think OKB going overboard talking about hating Snyder well every comment section or forum I click on is calling for his head and to be removed ASAP. Talking about starting petitions before JL starts filming :lol:

Last edited:
I love that batman kills, being a kid who grew up on 80s movies where heros like rambo and john matrix would slaughter waves of people and it would be alright because they're the bad guys

I was just a little shocked at how blatant of a murderer zach snider made batman out to be

like when IM or cap kills, you know they killed someone but the action is fluid enough where you dont really think about it.

in this movie, batman causes a car to crash into a building and i thought "i think batman just killed the people in that car" but then he shoots a grappling hook at the crashed car and slingshots it into another car full of people for a giant explosion 
roll.gif

I love that batman kills, being a kid who grew up on 80s movies where heros like rambo and john matrix would slaughter waves of people and it would be alright because they're the bad guys

I was just a little shocked at how blatant of a murderer zach snider made batman out to be

like when IM or cap kills, you know they killed someone but the action is fluid enough where you dont really think about it.

in this movie, batman causes a car to crash into a building and i thought "i think batman just killed the people in that car" but then he shoots a grappling hook at the crashed car and slingshots it into another car full of people for a giant explosion 
roll.gif

This was a great scene. The Batmobile getting shine, Batfleck being resourceful, etc.

Did anyone else also notice how Batfleck was struggling a bit to hold off the dudes during the Martha rescue scene?

Didn't some guy shoot Batfleck in the back of the head?

Last edited:
The whole killing and not killing by heroes in movies has been a seesaw.

30s and 40s, heroes would kill the clearly evil bad guys in comics and movies like crazy. McCarthyism and other crap in the 50s ****** it up and the 60s until like the 80s (to the 90s) as already mentioned it came back in a real ruthless way which I loved cuz I grew up on it.

We live in a PC era. To me heroes can kill and still be heroic and fight for good and justice and all that but as I get older I do get not exposing children to this **** cuz even I'm like I wouldn't let my nephew watch uncensored Robocop despite the fact that I watched that as a kid on tv and all the gory stuff was still shown :lol:

All I'm really saying is there's a huge contingent of Bat fans that'll hate that he's a killer.

It probably wasn't even exposed much on NT but the comic reaction to Superman snapping Zod's neck was INSANE :lol:

Yall think OKB going overboard talking about hating Snyder well ever comment section or forum I click on is calling for his head and to be removed ASAP. Talking about starting petitions before JL starts filming :lol:
That blows my mind, man.:lol:

Not killing people when you're fighting 7 guys with automatic weapons is just unrealistic. It's so corny to me when people survive things they shouldn't or the hero goes way out of his way to avoid casualties while in the meantime buildings full of innocent people are toppling over.:lol:

Example:

Driving the Batmobile through a van, yet the dudes survive and the top of the van is conveniently peeled off and everyone is fine with rocket launchers in hand.:lol:

That breaks immersion for me.

You can't take a realistic approach to the casualties that came from MoS but still try to pretend people don't die in these fights where Batman is literally punching bad guys' heads into the floor.:lol:

But yeah, I get where you're coming from...I just cannot begin to get where the people you're talking about are coming from.:lol:

Last edited:
MCU heroes are a little too excessive with the killing sometimes tbh

Like Black Widow smiling and saying hello or cracking a clever quip while shooting a dude in the face :x I don't **** with that.

And there was mad killing in IM3. Thor killing an entire generation of frost giants because of basically testosterone :lol:.

I don't mind "heroes" killing, but don't make light of it like that lol.

Falcon flies around with SMGs for God's sake and tried to put holes in Ant-Man over a misunderstanding :rofl: That's not a superhero. That's a dude with a jetpack and guns

roll.gif

This was a great scene. The Batmobile getting shine, Batfleck being resourceful, etc.

Did anyone else also notice how Batfleck was struggling a bit to hold off the dudes during the Martha rescue scene?

Didn't some guy shoot Batfleck in the back of the head?
yeah he got shot a bunch of times but apparently he goes to the same fabric designer as black panther

he did get stabbed in the shoulder though, but then he pulled the knife out and stabbed dude in the chest 
pimp.gif

it was dope how he used his forearm pointy bat things to deflect knife attacks 

i also loved when superman finally got to batman, he basically gives him a love tap and batman flies 40 feet into a building 
roll.gif

You know, my girl brought up a great point.

Lois didn't know that all she needed to do was leave Clark out in the sun for a few hours. That never came up in a pillow talk session?:lol:

at least Cap has being frozen as an excuse

WW fought in WW1 and decided to retire and not do any hero work for 80 years? 
laugh.gif

as someone who is pretty much as powerful as superman you have to be pretty low key to go 80 years without being noticed 

If she was able to actively participate in WWI and not become internationally recognized I wouldn't trip too hard about her being low-key the rest of the time

Back
Top Bottom