DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

how does lois lane AND lex luthor find out who superman/clark is but "worlds best detective" cant? 

Didn't you kind of answered this question already?

The Clark Kent disguise makes sense if you think about it. Why would a god play dress up and pretend to be a reporter?

People wonder who batman really is. No one suspects superman to even have a disguise because he's superman

Also Lois found out when she was researching a human that was saving people before there was a "Superman" or else she might be on the same mindset as Batman.

Lex probably found out while doing meta research?
thats regarding your average joe on the street

we are talking about a guy who is obsessed with superman to a point where he murders waves of people on his quest to stop him.

bruce isnt curious to how this guy stayed hidden in the world all these years before the zod fight? should have resulted in going down the same route as lois

it just really downplays batman's detective skills that he 1. had no idea who superman's alter ego was and 2. accidentally got the info to the JL when it wasnt even something he was looking for.

all while superman, lex and WW were all able to figure out he's batman.
But Lois wasn't looking for Superman's identity after he put on the suit. She stumbled on to him..
she literally tracked urban myths of a single man doing things that only superman can do 
laugh.gif

that's like the most obvious thing anyone would do when researching superman's past 

Lex's motivation is basically he's against the ideal of a god on earth and because of that he wants to kill Superman.

But in the film he speaks about how many contracts LexCorps picked up after Supes destroyed the town so he'd have business motivations to keep him around.

And I'm guessing he was expecting Superman to kill Batman but be weakened enough by the Kryptonite for Doomsday to easily wash him (?) because if his plan was depended on Batman winning then unleashing Doomsday would practically be just creating a mass extinction event :lol:

Lex's motivation is basically he's against the ideal of a god on earth and because of that he wants to kill Superman.

But in the film he speaks about how many contracts LexCorps picked up after Supes destroyed the town so he'd have business motivations to keep him around.

And I'm guessing he was expecting Superman to kill Batman but be weakened enough by the Kryptonite for Doomsday to easily wash him (?) because if his plan was depended on Batman winning then unleashing Doomsday would practically be just creating a mass extinction event
laugh.gif
i mean either batman wins and doomsday ends the world

or batman hurts superman to the point where he cant stop doomsday and doomsday ends the world 
laugh.gif

the only explanation is lex is mentally ill and wanted to bring the end of the world, which sounds a lot more like the joker 

how does lois lane AND lex luthor find out who superman/clark is but "worlds best detective" cant? 

Didn't you kind of answered this question already?

The Clark Kent disguise makes sense if you think about it. Why would a god play dress up and pretend to be a reporter?

People wonder who batman really is. No one suspects superman to even have a disguise because he's superman

Also Lois found out when she was researching a human that was saving people before there was a "Superman" or else she might be on the same mindset as Batman.

Lex probably found out while doing meta research?
thats regarding your average joe on the street

we are talking about a guy who is obsessed with superman to a point where he murders waves of people on his quest to stop him.

bruce isnt curious to how this guy stayed hidden in the world all these years before the zod fight? should have resulted in going down the same route as lois

it just really downplays batman's detective skills that he 1. had no idea who superman's alter ego was and 2. accidentally got the info to the JL when it wasnt even something he was looking for.

all while superman, lex and WW were all able to figure out he's batman.

But Lois wasn't looking for Superman's identity after he put on the suit. She stumbled on to him..
she literally tracked urban myths of a single man doing things that only superman can do :lol:

that's like the most obvious thing anyone would do when researching superman's past 

Yeah did she think he was living an alter ego though? I think the ideas was that he was this sort of legend who life purpose was to help people. I don't think one is thinking to themselves "if he lifts a rafter I wonder what does he do for fun" lol. In that position you're kinda caught up in the wonder..

Last edited:
Yeah did she think he was living an alter ego though? I think the ideas was that he was this sort of legend who life purpose was to help people. I don't think one is thinking to themselves "if he lifts a rafter I wonder what does he do for fun" lol. You're kinda caught up in the wonder..
the point is, a batman that is not weighed down by terrible writing would naturally want to know everything he can about superman. which would lead to urban myths of people doing superman like things, which would lead to clark kent.

lois had no idea that she was looking for a guy in kansas either, it just happened to end up there because unlike batman she actually did detective work. 

Yeah not sure how they will explain that

People are going to think Clark is Jesus
i didnt think about this. they cant bring clark back, right?
Maybe that's the final phase of Snyder hating Superman?

Kill Clark off, create new human identity that can behave like he's from 300, Sucker Punch, and Watchmen all wrapped in to one? :nerd:

i vaguely remember superman dying in the tv show (animated). coffin was in orbit not in the ground..i can't remember how he was brought back to life, but i would assume it would have something to do with the sun? :nerd:
Oh I know how Superman comes back to life. It definitely has to do with the sun (probably still gonna get brainwashed by Darkseid).

I'm talking about the death of Clark Kent. I think Snyder might just create a whole other identity for dude if he has a chance. Change his hairstyle and all to "sell" it for why nobody thinks he looks like Clark :lol:
This Jason Todd is joker thing has gone to far lol
Weirdest thing about this is I don't get where it came from :lol:

Do Todd fans want him to be Joker? :nerd:

A Joker who we know his id will always be a cheaper version.

Last edited:
Same thing in Age of Ultron

That's comparing a full roster to 3 people though, so we'll see how the Justice League compares down the line.
this action sequence was way better directed and paced than anything in BvS 

Yes, yes it was. One of the best openings to a comic book movie i've ever seen in all honesty. Followed each of the Avengers all around the battlefield, effortlessly flowing from one to the next.

Nothing beats that scene in AoU where they're all standing in a circle and washing Ultron in slowmo :smokin

View media item 1970200
:smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:

That's comparing a full roster to 3 people though, so we'll see how the Justice League compares down the line.
LIES
the gif is the only slomo shot of the sequence, everything else is well choreographed smooth flowing action. the action was great and exciting because of what the characters were doing on screen. Snider's action is average at best (except for batman killing people) that only looks good because of the gimmicks of zack's filmmaking technique. 

Avengers will give you 15 minutes of 15 minutes of real time action

Snider gives you 15 minutes of 5 minutes of real time action because its all shot in slow motion. 

This Jason Todd is joker thing has gone to far lol
Weirdest thing about this is I don't get where it came from :lol:

Do Todd fans want him to be Joker? :nerd:

A Joker who we know his id will always be a cheaper version.

And I'm guessing he was expecting Superman to kill Batman but be weakened enough by the Kryptonite for Doomsday to easily wash him (?) because if his plan was depended on Batman winning then unleashing Doomsday would practically be just creating a mass extinction event :lol:
It makes even less sense with his comment to Bats in prison that a lot of ppl are taking as him knowing about Darkseid.

Why would you hope Supes kills Bats and Doomsday kills Supes if Darkseid is coming? A world where Doomsday runs wild until Darkseid shows up is what you wanted?

Even if I think he had a way to stop Doomsday or control him he couldn't have really thought Darkseid and his army would lose to Doomsday when most likely his weakness is kryptonite.

I know it's Lex Jr, but one of the main things that makes lex luthor such an interesting character is he sees himself as the best of mankind. It makes no sense at all for the character to create an uncontrollable doomsday that will kill everyone it crosses

Yes, yes it was. One of the best openings to a comic book movie i've ever seen in all honesty. Followed each of the Avengers all around the battlefield, effortlessly flowing from one to the next.
everything about it was so well done

balanced screen time between characters

showed each character's powers and how they fit in with the overall team attack strategy

showed how these guys are a team and the relationships between characters (cap and tony banter, widow having a relationship with hulk) (super dope how they took the scene of cap stopping thors hammer blow in avengers 1 and turned it into a combo attack to wipe out an entire troop of bad guys)

showed how useless hawkeye is for lulz

Yeah did she think he was living an alter ego though? I think the ideas was that he was this sort of legend who life purpose was to help people. I don't think one is thinking to themselves "if he lifts a rafter I wonder what does he do for fun" lol. You're kinda caught up in the wonder..
the point is, a batman that is not weighed down by terrible writing would naturally want to know everything he can about superman. which would lead to urban myths of people doing superman like things, which would lead to clark kent.

lois had no idea that she was looking for a guy in kansas either, it just happened to end up there because unlike batman she actually did detective work. 

I see your point but that one detail doesn't ruin Batman for me. I don't need to see an additional ten extra minutes of Bruce doing detective work on Superman. There was so much going on in the movie anyway besides that he was more concerned about the "White Portuguese" a large part of the movie.

I see your point but that one detail doesn't ruin Batman for me. I don't need to see an additional ten extra minutes of Bruce doing detective work on Superman. There was so much going on in the movie anyway besides that he was more concerned about the "White Portuguese" a large part of the movie.
Of course not, batman was still a dope character. I just mean they don't seem to be playing up the detective aspect of him which is a core part of his character in the comics. Which is totally fine seeing that none of the movies do that and at least in this one they got his combat ability right

everything about it was so well done

balanced screen time between characters

showed each character's powers and how they fit in with the overall team attack strategy

showed how these guys are a team and the relationships between characters (cap and tony banter, widow having a relationship with hulk) (super dope how they took the scene of cap stopping thors hammer blow in avengers 1 and turned it into a combo attack to wipe out an entire troop of bad guys)

showed how useless hawkeye is for lulz

Aesthetically it was a bore. Looked like something from Agents of Shield type quality with Hulk's cgi looking "funny in the light."

The scenes were all choppy and in two seconds a tank was being taken out which looked liked a glitches scattered during a chase scene in a video game.

There isn't any consistent visual tone throughout the movie. There be choppy and really sped up scenes that looked very cheap.

AoU visually and story wise was terrible and mad cliche.

Opening action sequence > any action you see in BvS and it's not even close

The action in BvS wasn't very good except for the Bats warehouse sequence.

And BvS fans have NO right to accuse AoU of poor writing :rofl: Don't even go there cuz I won't be able to take you seriously

Last edited:
The BvS action didn't require any special or creative camera work and choreography. They explained this in the chappelles show, slow motion makes average things look epic.

Avengers is impressive because they are able to put together epic exciting action that happens in real time.

Back
Top Bottom