DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Yea the first couple were good.. Two ultimate avengers, strange, invincible ironman, planet hulk

Rise of the technovore and avengers confidential were aiiright

Yea those were dope. Liked the Hulk Vs Thor/Wolverine and Next Avengers ones too. Was hoping for a sequel to the latter.

I watched Deadpool for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was cool but definitely overrated IMO.

It's good for what it is and the things it had going against it..

Think a lot had to do with people wanting xmen characters done remotely right

He's just saying some execs are just not going to understand why Deadpool did well and why BvS is underperforming. To these execs Deadpool and BvS will look like the same movie.

Exactly.. Everyone keeps referring to the marvel way when talking about having solo films, well it helps with character development.. We understand the individuals as they exist within that universe

Maybe have a solo batman film beforehand would have given answers to why batman has no problem killing and is overly skeptical about the guy who saved the world and i gave lex a pass

Not an origin story because that isn't needed.. But we do need to understand the character

Say like Thor, who was Thor at the start of the film and not just getting mjlonir or something

Or the hulk movie

Last edited:
If I were Fox (and it is possible) I'd make a cut of Deadpool that passes to be viewed in China and break it through that billion threshold

Yeah, don't trust 20 Century Fox at all based on the chronicle and Fantastic Four fiascos. Deadpool was seen as a risk-free "indy" project, but now that it's headed for a billi the studio will inevitably **** it up

What fox does probably depends a lot on how apocalyse does..

But we'll see how they view the property by how much they try to change things and incorporate way too many xmen.. Or actually use patience and have like just cable and/or wolverine or one or two others in the deadpool films

Or have deadpool just make a cameo in future X films.. And not just become co lead to mystique and wolverine

Hell, I'm curious to see what they do with colossus from here on out

Last edited:
Deadpool 2 should be easy. Just bump up his budget to 120 mil and get out of Tim Miller's way

Once they realize money is involved it ain't happening.

See Iron Man 1.

I think the difference is that Marvel got in the way because they are paving the way for a whole universe while Deadpool isn't setting up for the future. It's pretty much where BvS fell as well to most people, too much future set ups.

They should not use Deadpool as a vehicle for a shared universe. Just let him chill in his own bubble with some cameos and break the fourth wall and kill people

I think you can accomplish both..

But you gotta do it in subtle way and remember what the first priority is.. Like with WS and GOTG

Ironman 2 just went overboard with it and the story suffered

BVS was just bad, even when setting up the future stuff the good things they did had flaws..

Like this upcoming WW movie, we already know she said screw men for almost 100 years because of whatever goes down.. And what's stopping her from doing that again in the future

They should not use Deadpool as a vehicle for a shared universe. Just let him chill in his own bubble with some cameos and break the fourth wall and kill people

Yup, cameos in his movie.. And cameos in the xmen movies..

But don't all of sudden turn him into the leader of the damn team

Why not?

Yall wanna make Superman some wise cracking dude that tells jokes even though he's never been that in his existence.

Just a simple case of not fixing what's not broken

Superman is clearly broken right now

The Deadpool reboot clearly works so why tinker with it further

Last edited:
Mystique is the Harriet Tubman of mutants, so anything is possibly I guess

so is it a river, bay, or large lake like someone said? something like the kansas city and that river?

Does Marvel even have an aninated universe?
hardly 
They have cartoon shows and let Japanese animators do a few animated movies.

Marvel never really had a dedication to animation like that. Most of the Marvel stuff we grew up on were other companies trying to get in on the market. They didn't really spend time on doing movies until recently.

Never had a strong team either to have a reason to keep pursuing it and that ties in to them not making a big profit off the animation in the first place.

Deadpool 2, with minimal studio interference and maximum financial support, could be the possible GOAT

Won't happen.
Yeah I doubt that as well.
Deadpool 2 should be easy. Just bump up his budget to 120 mil and get out of Tim Miller's way

Once they realize money is involved it ain't happening.

See Iron Man 1.
What Favreau wanted to do didn't sound any better than IM2 at all.

It is something how many different writers for each IM movie there are.

Why not?

Yall wanna make Superman some wise cracking dude that tells jokes even though he's never been that in his existence.
:lol: :nerd: When did this happen?

Last edited:
Yea the first couple were good.. Two ultimate avengers, strange, invincible ironman, planet hulk

Rise of the technovore and avengers confidential were aiiright

Yea those were dope. Liked the Hulk Vs Thor/Wolverine and Next Avengers ones too. Was hoping for a sequel to the latter.

Honestly consider Hulk vs to be one of the best animated superhero films in general. :smokin

In his latest podcast of Fat man on Batman, Kevin Smith has confirmed that both Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck have been working on a script for the solo Batman film. "He's been working on a solo script with Geoff Johns as well," revealed Smith. "Last conversation I had with Geoff Johns I was like are you working on it? and he said yeah. I said what's it like man, how do you co-write with someone? and he's going we just break it up, he takes halves and I take halves and then we write, and then we switch material, and then he goes over mine and I go over his. That sounds so f***ing fun man."

batfleck pretty much saying, ill fix this mess DC and get back on track.

In his latest podcast of Fat man on Batman, Kevin Smith has confirmed that both Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck have been working on a script for the solo Batman film. "He's been working on a solo script with Geoff Johns as well," revealed Smith. "Last conversation I had with Geoff Johns I was like are you working on it? and he said yeah. I said what's it like man, how do you co-write with someone? and he's going we just break it up, he takes halves and I take halves and then we write, and then we switch material, and then he goes over mine and I go over his. That sounds so f***ing fun man."
Kevin Smith has never co-written anything? or been in a writer's room?

Even after working on that Flash ep?

That's what I got from this.

I think he meant he's never co-written with someone, he wrote the first scrip for that failed Nic Cage Supes film but he was by himself. I think he meant that he can't co-write with people who might disagree with him?

Back
Top Bottom