DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

DTOOrcBWkAA6NIP.jpg

now it's part of continuity again :rofl:

This latest one comes courtesy of Revenge of The Fans, and contradicts a recent report that Reeves' film will not be a part of the DC Films Universe. According to EIC Mario-Francisco Robles' studio sources, “Batman is DC proper. Reeves’ Batman is connected. Just its own story.”

Based on this and comments Reeves himself has made previoulsy, it seems The Batman will exist within the same continuity as Justice league and the other DCEU movies, but we shouldn't expect to see the likes of Wonder Woman and Aquaman drop by Wayne Manor for a cuppa.

Writer Colin Smith shared images of 1978 billboards via Twitter, and he reveals that the seminal shot of Clark Kent tearing his shirt open to reveal the "S" symbol was utilized as a teaser before the big reveal of Christopher Reeve taking flight as Superman was unveiled.

DTlYa-WW0AAWswi.jpg

DTlYb06WsAABwkC.jpg

‘Flash’ Standalone Film Taps Directors John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein (EXCLUSIVE)

“Vacation” helmers John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are in negotiations to direct “Flashpoint,” the Flash standalone movie starring Ezra Miller.

Warner Bros. had no comment.

The studio had initially courted Ben Affleck to return to the director’s chair, but he passed on the gig. By tapping Daley and Goldstein, the studio seems to eye a comedic tone for the film, given the duo’s directing background on movies like “Vacation” and the upcoming “Game Night,” starring Jason Bateman.

The two are no strangers to the comic-book world, having penned the script to the smash hit “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” which they were also on the shortlist to direct.

Flashpoint” had been on hold since director Rick Famuyiwa stepped away from the project. While looking for his replacement, the studio decided to take the script in a different direction. Joby Harold has turned in a new draft after a page-one rewrite.

Executives took their time in finding a new helmer because Miller, who plays the speedy superhero, is busy getting ready to shoot “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald,” the second installment in the “Fantastic Beasts” franchise.

This comes as Warner Bros. is reshuffling the DC Universe with New Line exec Walter Hamada recently promoted to oversee its comic book movies. The studio also recently tapped Michael De Luca as a producer on the “Suicide Squad” sequel.

Daley and Goldstein are repped by UTA and Fourth Wall Management.

So Black Lightning just put every other CW DC show to shame. Crazy what you can do when you have actual talented actors

Excited for a Flash movie.

I have zero interest in a Suicide Squad movie after the first run at it. Hopefully they get it right this time around...

I recognized one of the directors, but I've never seen any of their movies. It was buggin the crap out of me. I just realized it's Linda Cardelini's little brother from Freaks and Geeks. :wow: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom