*DEAD* Vol. Agent Zero

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

How I sound dumb. Did the police catch him with the guns? No. Did his teammate that he pulled the gun on tell the police? No. Did he get caught by team officials and they called the police? No. He's being charged cause the media got ahold of it and leaked it, not cause he was caught. The case fell in their lap, they didn't investigate. Now he has to carry a felony on his record for something he wasn't caught by law enforcement doing. Just sayin our law system is BS.
i dont agree with you, but i see what you're saying

Well...that was quick...

Gilbert Arenas was charged Thursday with a single count of carrying a pistol without a license, a felony that carries a five-year sentence, but the Washington Wizards guard has reached a plea agreement that could spare him jail time, several sources close to the case said.

Link

Charges have to be filed, before a plea can be made. The fact he was charged with only one felony was a sign that he wasn't going to jail.

Originally Posted by sterrett02

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

http://twitter.com/BreakingNews
BreakingNews Washington Wizards' Gilbert Arenas charged with felony weapons count - Washington Post
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

wow....what does this mean for him....what the hell happen to the plea

He just got a charge.. tomorrow he goes to court and they will have a plea set up for him.. Dude is not going to jail.He's will get a fine,probation,and maybe community service... His lawyers must be
pimp.gif
because he just got a slap on the wrist.

It's funny that the NBA will come down harder on him than the USA Legal system

You know what my be he will get like a week in jail.. after the season is over.. but i'm sure his lawyers will just take more hours community service.. and he will chalk them hours up to NBA Cares
laugh.gif
I laugh but i'm not joking

i hate to quote myself but.....dude is not going to jail.. If so maybe a week..but Wiz will try to void the contract..either way he will be fine.. just lessricher

FOR SOME REASON I SEE HIM ENDING UP IN ORLANDO NEXT YEAR

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

How I sound dumb. Did the police catch him with the guns? No. Did his teammate that he pulled the gun on tell the police? No. Did he get caught by team officials and they called the police? No. He's being charged cause the media got ahold of it and leaked it, not cause he was caught. The case fell in their lap, they didn't investigate. Now he has to carry a felony on his record for something he wasn't caught by law enforcement doing. Just sayin our law system is BS.
i dont agree with you, but i see what you're saying

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

http://twitter.com/BreakingNews
BreakingNews Washington Wizards' Gilbert Arenas charged with felony weapons count - Washington Post
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

wow....what does this mean for him....what the hell happen to the plea

He just got a charge.. tomorrow he goes to court and they will have a plea set up for him.. Dude is not going to jail.He's will get a fine,probation,and maybe community service... His lawyers must be
pimp.gif
because he just got a slap on the wrist.

It's funny that the NBA will come down harder on him than the USA Legal system

You know what my be he will get like a week in jail.. after the season is over.. but i'm sure his lawyers will just take more hours community service.. and he will chalk them hours up to NBA Cares
laugh.gif
I laugh but i'm not jokin

FOR SOME REASON I SEE HIM ENDING UP IN ORLANDO NEXT YEAR
roll.gif

https://twitter.com/IDOTOUGHTHINGS
@IDOTOUGHTHINGS Something is fishy with this whole Gil situation. Gil is an idiot and he $+%%+# up but I feel like they snitched on him to try to dead him
To quote myself.

This is what I think happened. Some @+$@ happened...nothing really serious came of it. Grunfield got wind of it. Light bulb went off to use this as leverage.Mulled it over for a few days...then dropped the dime. He figures...Gil get's knocked for the gun...we can void his contract and Javaris is expendableanyway.

If this is what happened...that's real grimey. I know Gil is making this easy but damn...

The fact that it came out so late means SOMEONE went to the police about it. It's not like these _'s was caught by the feds right when it happened.

doesn't the NBA alert police after these type of situations? Everything you said is probably right about grunfield using this as leverage, but i think hetold the NBA and the NBA told the feds. theres protocal to get authorities involved i assume.

OR

the wizards leaked the info, the media ran with it, and the feds hopped on it. (i think this is what happened)

and the end of the day this could have been avoided by gil not bringing 4 guns to work. i don't hope he goes to jail because that's not always theright answer to wrong behavior, i just hope this whole ordeal teaches gil how to function in society better. grow up, stop pooping in shoes and bringing gunsto work. the media will always try to tear someone down, wy give them the reason to focus on you?

Originally Posted by DubA169

doesn't the NBA alert police after these type of situations? Everything you said is probably right about grunfield using this as leverage, but i think he told the NBA and the NBA told the feds. theres protocal to get authorities involved i assume.

OR

the wizards leaked the info, the media ran with it, and the feds hopped on it. (i think this is what happened)

and the end of the day this could have been avoided by gil not bringing 4 guns to work. i don't hope he goes to jail because that's not always the right answer to wrong behavior, i just hope this whole ordeal teaches gil how to function in society better. grow up, stop pooping in shoes and bringing guns to work. the media will always try to tear someone down, wy give them the reason to focus on you?
Right...but what I'm saying is it didn't HAVE to happen. Everything could have stayed internal. Fine both guys for conduct detrimental tothe team and move on. They clearly had a bigger purpose in going to the police. If Grunfield was so perturbed with Gil bringing guns to work...he would havedeaded him from the team the moment it happened. He clearly knew possible charges would potentially be more beneficial in the long run. If they can't voidthat contract...Grunfield and the Wizards' brass are going to look like COMPLETE idiots because that relationship is irreconcilable at this point and youcan't trade him now. It's going to another Stephon Marbury situation where dude is just at home getting paid. Assuming Stern doesn't drop thehammer...which I don't think he will in terms of a major suspension like the entire 10-11 season.
Not quite. The Wizards didn't leak the info to the media...they told the police first. The very first we heard of Gil and the guns was weeksago when they said that he was just being investigated...and nobody knew exactly why. The news about him and Crittenton came a good week later.

yea i see what you're saying. but i wana be clear that at the end of the day, it's gils fault. i can understand why the team is sick of this fool. thepractical jokes, twittering, guns, decides how he will handle injury. he's a horrible employee

It is 100% Gil's fault. I'm just saying that manage blew this situation up in order to get him off the team. And I'm not here to argue whetherthat's right or wrong because business is business...cuthroat. An investor will do whatever he can to break even on a bad investment. Such is life. Butthis IS a snake-like move and that's as clear as day to me now.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

@IDOTOUGHTHINGS Something is fishy with this whole Gil situation. Gil is an idiot and he $+%%+# up but I feel like they snitched on him to try to dead him
To quote myself.

This is what I think happened. Some @+$@ happened...nothing really serious came of it. Grunfield got wind of it. Light bulb went off to use this as leverage. Mulled it over for a few days...then dropped the dime. He figures...Gil get's knocked for the gun...we can void his contract and Javaris is expendable anyway.

If this is what happened...that's real grimey. I know Gil is making this easy but damn...

The fact that it came out so late means SOMEONE went to the police about it. It's not like these _'s was caught by the feds right when it happened.

yea thats foul....snitch thats koo but they probably made gil look bad....hell why didnt the other n' get charged? guess his contract isnt big enough*shrugs*

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

To quote myself.

This is what I think happened. Some @+$@ happened...nothing really serious came of it. Grunfield got wind of it. Light bulb went off to use this as leverage. Mulled it over for a few days...then dropped the dime. He figures...Gil get's knocked for the gun...we can void his contract and Javaris is expendable anyway.

yea thats foul....snitch thats koo but they probably made gil look bad....hell why didnt the other n' get charged? guess his contract isnt big enough *shrugs*
They're still trying to link a gun to Javaris. They can't find it. Dude lives near me and I heard the feds were in his crib yesterdaytrying to find the gun and didn't. If they can't link a gun to him then Crittenton probably won't catch any charges. All they have right now is acouple dudes saying they SAW him pull a gun and chamber a round.

What I want to know is...how the hell did he get rid of the gun? They can't even find documentation even proving that he owned a gun so if he did that $*%$was hot.

To quote myself.

yea thats foul....snitch thats koo but they probably made gil look bad....hell why didnt the other n' get charged? guess his contract isnt big enough *shrugs*
They're still trying to link a gun to Javaris. They can't find it. Dude lives near me and I heard the feds were in his crib yesterday trying to find the gun and didn't. If they can't link a gun to him then Crittenton probably won't catch any charges. All they have right now is a couple dudes saying they SAW him pull a gun and chamber a round.

What I want to know is...how the hell did he get rid of the gun? They can't even find documentation even proving that he owned a gun so if he did that $*%$ was hot.

What i don't get is what did the police expect to find in his apartment a month after this whole story broke? Is dude gonna be THAT stupid to keeppossible evidence in his crib?

But I do agree....this whole situation set the lightbulb off in the upper managements head about trying to get rid of Gil. We all knew giving a guy a near maxdeal coming off of 3 major knee surgeries was insane. This leads me to belive that Abe Polin was the one who said do the deal in the first place. Once hepassed, the trade talks began and the love-affair w. Gil seemed to sour. Abe loved Gil....no getting around that.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

To quote myself.

They're still trying to link a gun to Javaris. They can't find it. Dude lives near me and I heard the feds were in his crib yesterday trying to find the gun and didn't. If they can't link a gun to him then Crittenton probably won't catch any charges. All they have right now is a couple dudes saying they SAW him pull a gun and chamber a round.

What I want to know is...how the hell did he get rid of the gun? They can't even find documentation even proving that he owned a gun so if he did that $*%$ was hot.

What i don't get is what did the police expect to find in his apartment a month after this whole story broke? Is dude gonna be THAT stupid to keep possible evidence in his crib?

But I do agree....this whole situation set the lightbulb off in the upper managements head about trying to get rid of Gil. We all knew giving a guy a near max deal coming off of 3 major knee surgeries was insane. This leads me to belive that Abe Polin was the one who said do the deal in the first place. Once he passed, the trade talks began and the love-affair w. Gil seemed to sour. Abe loved Gil....no getting around that.

That was 200% Polin's move. Everyone knows Abe loved Gil...that's a large majority of the reason Gil's been able to get away with so much here.

Yeah, Gil played his last game as a Wizard in Philadelphia. Though Gil supplied the ammo (pun intended), the Wizards didn't have to do Gil dirty like that.But ah well. One door closes, another one opens. Hopefully Gil can catch on with a better franchise, because the Wizards are headed to the bottom of the dump.

That was 200% Polin's move. Everyone knows Abe loved Gil...that's a large majority of the reason Gil's been able to get away with so much here.

Correct. Also, Abe Polin is the reason why Jamison got the kind of contract that he did, Abe loved both Gil and Antawn. Now that Abe Polin has passed awayGil doens't have anybody in the front office to look after him and give him another chance, which is why the hammer is being dropped on him. Expect Antawnto be gone by next year possibly as well.

I hope Grunfeld is 101% sure he can void that contract...because if he can't...they $*$!++ themselves inadvertently.

I gotta believe that pleading guilty to a felony has to be a violation of the NBA's morality clause...and if the Wizards are the ones who pressed the issueto get Gil's deal terminated, they had to have had some kind of inside scoop letting them know that it was all good

Tawn will be gone by the end of Feb. Damn, that Cavs/Wizards rivalry was pretty good while it last. Now Tawn will like don the wine/gold.

These last 2 pages made alot of sense

I found it kind of weird this leaked from the locker room in the first place, but never thought that their relationship has soured with GIL the most since Abedied

It's going to be an ugly situation if the Wizards can't void the deal....that means they will be stuck with a guy who doesn't want to play here atall. That contract ain't expiring for another 4 years, so it's not like they can eat the cash and keep dude away from the team knowing he won't bearound the following season (like what the Rockets are doing w. T-Mac). Like dude was saying, EG and the other FO people better be sure that they can void thisdeal.

*Jamison is gonna be moved before the deadline. There's no chance he sticks around past Feb. I'm hearing that the Wizards are very reluctant to dealhim to the Cavs....

From Bullets Forever blog...

Without prison time, it's unlikely the Wizards would have a sustainable case to terminate the contract. With it, it's possible. Whatever the circumstances, the process of trying could have damning consequences should they lose and Arenas eventually returns from a league suspension. The relationship is already fractured beyond repair.

A vicious, nasty fight with Arenas could ultimately unseal and unleash whatever secrets lay within the walls of the Verizon Center. The Wizards will be taking on the wrath of Arenas, the players union and ultimately putting themselves on trial for a culture of enablement that existed for years with the clown prince of basketball.

This case has polarized the Wizards' locker room - pitting the front office and players against each other - and an unprecedented fight to terminate Arenas' contract could unravel the franchise. The Wizards better hope they win, because the possibility of trying to reintegrate Arenas into an organization that tried to take away his contract could have colossal complications.

"If they try to terminate his contract and fail, they're in big trouble," said a source familiar with the Wizards-Arenas dynamic. "The Wizards don't want Arenas back in the locker room after they've tried to screw him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lug=aw-arenascharge011510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

and then.....

someome just posted this on RealGM

ESPN is reporting that it is unlikely that Gil will get out of this without jail time because of his previous misdemeanor gun charge. They're predicting 60-90 days in prison,

Back
Top Bottom