Deadspin's "What would an NBA 1-on-1 Tournament" look like

Dwight would win if he got the ball first
laugh.gif

lol kobe will be done 1st round. all he does is fadaway and he doesn't have the quick step to get passed other than deshawn stevenson.

layup > fadeaway @ game of 1on1

lol kobe will be done 1st round. all he does is fadaway and he doesn't have the quick step to get passed other than deshawn stevenson.

layup > fadeaway @ game of 1on1

Bron would win, he's just so used to being touched that he'll end up flailing up some shot and calling a foul.
he'd beat people by taking no less than 10-12 free throws.

Bron would win, he's just so used to being touched that he'll end up flailing up some shot and calling a foul.
he'd beat people by taking no less than 10-12 free throws.

I saw two all-state players play against each other 1 v 1, at the bookend of an evening of crazy good runs. Their 1 v 1 game took up longer than two full court games 'cause of the b.s. fouls they'd call on each other followed by the requisite 5 minutes of "that ain't a foul! that's buuuullshieeeet! shoot for it! no, you shoot for it!".

I saw two all-state players play against each other 1 v 1, at the bookend of an evening of crazy good runs. Their 1 v 1 game took up longer than two full court games 'cause of the b.s. fouls they'd call on each other followed by the requisite 5 minutes of "that ain't a foul! that's buuuullshieeeet! shoot for it! no, you shoot for it!".

I think a perimeter guy like Rose,Wade or Manu would win..... Guys like Lebron, Durant, and Dirk wouldnt be that good in this.

I think a perimeter guy like Rose,Wade or Manu would win..... Guys like Lebron, Durant, and Dirk wouldnt be that good in this.

6. Carmelo Anthony

CRAGGS: His games would never end. He has to be the most deliberate great scorer since Adrian Dantley took off his socks. He treats an offensive possession as if it were an irregular Latin verb to conjugate. The FreeDarko boys once called him a "gigantic basketball nerd," and I still think that's spot-on. Jab step, jab step, shot fake, jab step, pulls out bevel protractor to mark off angle, jab step, jab step, calculates drag coeffient, jab step, jab step, does some long division, pump fake, jab step, drive, fouled on pull-up 8-footer.

so true. SMH

J.R. Smith would win if he somehow got in.

6. Carmelo Anthony

CRAGGS: His games would never end. He has to be the most deliberate great scorer since Adrian Dantley took off his socks. He treats an offensive possession as if it were an irregular Latin verb to conjugate. The FreeDarko boys once called him a "gigantic basketball nerd," and I still think that's spot-on. Jab step, jab step, shot fake, jab step, pulls out bevel protractor to mark off angle, jab step, jab step, calculates drag coeffient, jab step, jab step, does some long division, pump fake, jab step, drive, fouled on pull-up 8-footer.

so true. SMH

J.R. Smith would win if he somehow got in.

Back
Top Bottom