Dear Jordan Brand, please give us these XI’s and be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want JB to do is give us...

Columbia’s during All Star Weekend!

We already know about the Cool Greys for Holiday.

And maybe this summer give us this unreleased sample.
F6E73605-AF24-4461-815B-A44B43BE60F9.jpeg

After all of this then retire the XI for a while. I think we should be good for now.

How bout no. Jb instead just retire the 11 for the next 5 years. We valued that model so much more when we didn't have it every December.

They've been running the same play damn near every year since like 08.

The 11 used to be special, now's it's just one of the other 200 releases we get every year.

That sample looks too much like the white/navy XVIs without the shroud. A lot of Western Hemisphere folks want DMPs with the eyelets, Europeans want gammas and a lot of Asians want many rereleases of the lows or IEs.

Last edited:
They have beaten the 11 to death unfortunately. It still sells though. JB seems to feel like they can do anything to that shoe and its ok. But, again it still sells. Times are different now.
I can't agree with this completely. While the XI had a sacred feel to it 15 years ago when there was 1 legit run of retros from 2000 to 2001 with only 2 other releases between 2001 and the 09 space jams. From that aspect I agree as since the space jams (actually even the 08 cdp pair), there has been at least 1 xi mid per year with multiple lows as well. The primary reason I dont feel its beaten to death is it still doesn't release as much as the majority of models, especially mids. Another reason is there hasn't been a bad xi mid or low in terms of the colorway. Yes there are some that aren't fantastic (platinum tints, anniversary) but there was never anything too crazy. The 3rd point is the materials have been consistent on the 11. Only talking men's releases here, there have been a few women's and kids releases that were trash (coral pair comes to mind). 2 years or so ago there was a black and teal 13. The "waffle pattern" upper was replaced with some nonsensical pattern which completely ruined a nice and simple Colorway. That garbage hasn't been pulled on an xi yet. That being said, I can see why you would say they have been beaten to death. I can agree they have taken a beating. But there's still plenty of life left in the model. As someone who only buys a few specific jordan models, I like being able to get new xis each year myself .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom