Death of BBM coming soon!!!

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

....where are the KIK jumpoffs, though?

Are they as loose as their BBM counterparts?
laugh.gif
its easy to find em since they gotta put they government ala facebook...so just cross reference who u wanna holla at on FB

and enter there name on kik and they SN pops up....its jumpoffs on demand
laugh.gif

layout is AIM circa 1995 though....so AIM is still da king to beat wit group messaging, statues, fb chat, twitter intergration, etc.

laugh.gif
its easy to find em since they gotta put they government ala facebook...so just cross reference who u wanna holla at on FB

laugh.gif

layout is AIM circa 1995 though....so AIM is still da king to beat wit group messaging, statues, fb chat, twitter intergration, etc.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ jumpoffs on demand

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ jumpoffs on demand

Originally Posted by Simply Certified

kik is the new flow in NYC...Girls are all over askin "you on kik" "whats ya kik", girls are FLOOODING this, girls behind me as i type are talking about it while im in class
laugh.gif

KIK is definitely in full effect.  I'm chatting on it now and gotta stop before I get in trouble on this thing
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Simply Certified

kik is the new flow in NYC...Girls are all over askin "you on kik" "whats ya kik", girls are FLOOODING this, girls behind me as i type are talking about it while im in class
laugh.gif

KIK is definitely in full effect.  I'm chatting on it now and gotta stop before I get in trouble on this thing
tired.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by steven42lh

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

BBs are trash
False sir.

BRB looking professional.
BRB emailing in 10 seconds.
BRB BBM'ing all day.
BRB not having 1,000 usless things on my phone ill never use.
1) Yeah NO!!!!
2) You can't be serious trying to compare email options

3) Playing Angry Birds all day, Controlling iTunes, monitoring my work network (I work IT), using AR technology, editing documents on the go, listening to Pandora while doing it all... don't make me keep going

4) rather have a phone that I can have a 1000 things on it then a phone that I can only do 1 additional thing on.

That is all

3)Surely you aren't touting multitasking on the iPhone compared with a BB. Y'all just got that and it really (truthfully) isn't full multitasking. Pick another argument. iPhone still doesn't have a multiple notification system (to get a notification, your app must be open and running).

Let's be clear about what iOS4's multitasking is: Rather than run multiple apps at the same time, iOS4 freezes the ones that aren't in use, with the exception of certain functions. Music, for instance, can play in the background, VoIP apps can answer calls and GPS apps can give directions.

But most apps won't do anything except go to sleep, which means one of the classic tricks of multitasking, loading one task while you perform another, is not available unless the developer adds that function under a special task completion API. Some apps, such as Flickr, may take advantage of this feature for large file transfers, but others won't. Waiting for a YouTube video to buffer over a 3G connection? It won't go anywhere unless you're staring at the loading screen.

As far as editing documents or running any sort of business software, come on. Please. Talk about multimedia, web and music (though BB has good MP3 capabilities.) But don't try and flex on things Steve Jobs himself has said are BB's greatest strengths.

If you want a world class messaging device with security and protection so good other less democratic countries are BANNING it, get a BB. If you want a phone that does a few things GREAT vs a bunch of things decently, get a BB. Especially if those few things BB does great are the things you need most. Honestly, BB isn't for everyone. But the reason it still is the largest mobile platform (units sold, market share) is because people need the things BB excels at. At some point I will go android. But because of my work, and what I value most (I prefer not to tap on glass) BB is perfect for me. This irrational hate from people is hilarious.
Do you know what you're talking about? I don't even feel like going into a back and forth about the iphone vs _____ but an app does not need to be up to receive a notification... 
It's not 2008-2009 anymore. iOS4 handled that. But your other points are on.. 

If you want a phone, get what you want. But first know what kind of phone you are getting. The iPhone and BB are two completely different kinds of phones. The iphone is a Multimedia phone. The BB is an emailing smartphone device. The iphone excels at media 100x better than a BB, while a BB excels at push notifications 100x better than an iPhone. BB is TRYING to become something its not. It needs to stick in its lane and leave the music/video/browsing to the phones that are built for that. And the iPhones/androids should just let the BB have its throne as the push king. 

And anyways, how did this thread turn from KIK vs BBM to iphone vs BB? KIK is on all platforms..

webOS notification/multitasking > * if you say otherwise, you're lying to yourself.

and freezing an app in its current state isn't true multitasking. webOS is as close as we'll get to true multitasking until phones become more powerful.

can't wait till the pre2 comes out for verizon, im putting all my eggs in palm/hp's basket.

BBs are trash
False sir.

BRB BBM'ing all day.
1) Yeah NO!!!!

3) Playing Angry Birds all day, Controlling iTunes, monitoring my work network (I work IT), using AR technology, editing documents on the go, listening to Pandora while doing it all... don't make me keep going

4) rather have a phone that I can have a 1000 things on it then a phone that I can only do 1 additional thing on.

That is all

3)Surely you aren't touting multitasking on the iPhone compared with a BB. Y'all just got that and it really (truthfully) isn't full multitasking. Pick another argument. iPhone still doesn't have a multiple notification system (to get a notification, your app must be open and running).

Let's be clear about what iOS4's multitasking is: Rather than run multiple apps at the same time, iOS4 freezes the ones that aren't in use, with the exception of certain functions. Music, for instance, can play in the background, VoIP apps can answer calls and GPS apps can give directions.

But most apps won't do anything except go to sleep, which means one of the classic tricks of multitasking, loading one task while you perform another, is not available unless the developer adds that function under a special task completion API. Some apps, such as Flickr, may take advantage of this feature for large file transfers, but others won't. Waiting for a YouTube video to buffer over a 3G connection? It won't go anywhere unless you're staring at the loading screen.

As far as editing documents or running any sort of business software, come on. Please. Talk about multimedia, web and music (though BB has good MP3 capabilities.) But don't try and flex on things Steve Jobs himself has said are BB's greatest strengths.

If you want a world class messaging device with security and protection so good other less democratic countries are BANNING it, get a BB. If you want a phone that does a few things GREAT vs a bunch of things decently, get a BB. Especially if those few things BB does great are the things you need most. Honestly, BB isn't for everyone. But the reason it still is the largest mobile platform (units sold, market share) is because people need the things BB excels at. At some point I will go android. But because of my work, and what I value most (I prefer not to tap on glass) BB is perfect for me. This irrational hate from people is hilarious.
Do you know what you're talking about? I don't even feel like going into a back and forth about the iphone vs _____ but an app does not need to be up to receive a notification... 

If you want a phone, get what you want. But first know what kind of phone you are getting. The iPhone and BB are two completely different kinds of phones. The iphone is a Multimedia phone. The BB is an emailing smartphone device. The iphone excels at media 100x better than a BB, while a BB excels at push notifications 100x better than an iPhone. BB is TRYING to become something its not. It needs to stick in its lane and leave the music/video/browsing to the phones that are built for that. And the iPhones/androids should just let the BB have its throne as the push king. 

And anyways, how did this thread turn from KIK vs BBM to iphone vs BB? KIK is on all platforms..

webOS notification/multitasking > * if you say otherwise, you're lying to yourself.

and freezing an app in its current state isn't true multitasking. webOS is as close as we'll get to true multitasking until phones become more powerful.

can't wait till the pre2 comes out for verizon, im putting all my eggs in palm/hp's basket.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

BBs are trash
False sir.

BRB BBM'ing all day.
1) Yeah NO!!!!

That is all

Yeah, the iPhone doesn't have true multitasking, but it does receive notifications when you are not in an app. 
And I don't know if I'd put all my money on Palm/HP to make that game changing move. As much as I'd like to see it (old treo 650 user), I just don't see that flame anymore. 

We can hope though 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

BBs are trash
False sir.

BRB BBM'ing all day.
1) Yeah NO!!!!

That is all

Yeah, the iPhone doesn't have true multitasking, but it does receive notifications when you are not in an app. 
And I don't know if I'd put all my money on Palm/HP to make that game changing move. As much as I'd like to see it (old treo 650 user), I just don't see that flame anymore. 

We can hope though 
ohwell.gif

!*! do you search by real name? Am I missing something? Only let's me type in their sn.

!*! do you search by real name? Am I missing something? Only let's me type in their sn.

Originally Posted by TeflonDon106

Blackberry form factor & physical keyboard > *
sidekicks had better keyboards.
Lol, sidekick.

But yeah, this dude stays hating on BB like he's getting paid for it.

Whatever man. I'd say do you, but you'd just continue hating on things that don't really concern you at all.

I don't even have a bb, but I can sure spot a lame when I see one.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TeflonDon106

Blackberry form factor & physical keyboard > *
sidekicks had better keyboards.
Lol, sidekick.

But yeah, this dude stays hating on BB like he's getting paid for it.

Whatever man. I'd say do you, but you'd just continue hating on things that don't really concern you at all.

I don't even have a bb, but I can sure spot a lame when I see one.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hugo

i made a thread of this yesterday. no one posted

roll.gif

Honestly tho...do we need to be this connected with people? what happened to just living your life??

Originally Posted by Hugo

i made a thread of this yesterday. no one posted

roll.gif

Honestly tho...do we need to be this connected with people? what happened to just living your life??

Originally Posted by Damu

Nope have to search by their username I believe. 
kik movement is strong, BBM is dying a slow death. I dont even know anyone who doesnt have it.
Slow down because KIK still lacks the ability to send/receives photos & videos and I've yet to see an option to upload your own personal avatar.

Back
Top Bottom